• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reality is there should've been some back up plan to some extent cause we all know RT Was on death's door over the years and factor the reputation it gotten it was just a matter of time

Bigger companies bite he dust rt wasn't gonna be any different
While it can't be fully blamed cause we all had moments of thinking certain shit can keep going despite the conditions there in, it just felt like a matter of time frankly

Last edited:
Reality is there should've been some back up plan to some extent cause we all know RT Was the on death's door over the years and factor the reputation it gotten it was just a matter of time

Bigger companies but the dust rt wasn't gonna be any different
While it can't be fully blamed cause we all had moments of thinking certain shit can keep going despite the conditions there in, it just felt like a matter of time frankly
I think it's a variety of reasons, Tipper. It can be a mixture between the following elements: Blind optimism of the future, ignorance or at least underestimating Rooster Teeth's financial status over the last few years, misguided pride and confidence that Death Battle's status would keep the lights on and remain standing (ignoring that RT is their parent company and do all the work to get them budgets, sponsorships, and all the other essentials), a lack of preparation for the worse due to the reasons I listed above, etc etc etc.

It's definitely WAY more complex then what I just listed...but you can't deny that the lack of foresight for the future, and anticipating Rooster Teeth's closure regardless if it didn't happen this year or not, is a massive L on the DB team's part on their end. Plus they should've know that Rooster Teeth absolutely sucked balls to work at and has a very toxic reputation to its name, meaning that it would've been imperative to get things ready in case they needed to separate from the decaying rooster's corpse.

Personally as it's been discussed, they could do with getting rid of the animated segments with Wiz and Boomstick in order to put that money into more important parts of episodes such as the animation of one.
Despite the fans most likely being alright with this choice, how would Ben and Chad feel?

The first two don't surprise me, but the last one with Lucaramon? I think I'm going to dump bleach into my eyes so that I don't have to see that shit for the rest of my life.
You can also find Harlinx, Scarletanna, Gojokima, and a little bit of Boomstick with his....boomstick.

Rooster Teeth didn't have the decency to tell Death Battle employees that they're fired so that they can prepare. So I think they just didn't tell anyone to prepare because their company was going to the *******.
That is true. Not even the RWBY people seemed to know, based on the lead vocalist's response to the news.

Reality is there should've been some back up plan to some extent cause we all know RT Was the on death's door over the years and factor the reputation it gotten it was just a matter of time

Bigger companies but the dust rt wasn't gonna be any different
They couldn't have backup plans because they don't own the IP/channel. Ben couldn't opt out and take the show somewhere else because he doesn't own the IP. How would RT react if a showrunner wanted to leave their company and take the show with them? I don't think they would've been happy and it may have disrupt the show significantly, so it makes sense Ben and co. didn't even think about it. RT was funding the show and paying the bills, so why leave?

People thought the youtube memberships was the backup plan, it turns out it wasn't. They disabled superchats and asked not to gift memberships anymore, because RT owns the channel and will belong soley to WBD in May.

Things look bleak, but we just have to wait and see what happens.

Also, I heard an idea. Make the final Patreon tier something really ******* expensive like 2,000 dollars and have the reward be a custom episode. I assure you that there will be enough rich furries to save Death Battle with their crappy kiddy cartoon matchups. I mean, there are already people who spend hundreds of dollars commissioning songs and art for niche Death Battle matchups that only they care about, not even fight animations, just songs and art. Appeal to them.
Guarantee an ep with 100 000 dollaroos lol

death_battle__the_ultimate_clash_of_light_____by_majorm117_ddokouy-fullview.jpg

1710793000150813.png

Yeah, its ******* over lmao
I know this is hilariously optimistic of me to say in the face of soul crushing reality, but the best case of this could be that he's simply preparing for the worst if he and the rest of the crew can't keep Death Battle alive.....it's obvious though that this isn't true in the slightest, I just wanted to offer some sort of hope in these times of uncertainty and despair.

Man it sucks to see that this really is the end for Death Battle and a decade worth of memories are going to be gone forever. But I suppose I'm glad it happened in the first place instead of being sad that it's over, as Dr. Seuss said.

Back