• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Haha 2019 was 5 years ago generic.
what?
95a.gif

I was the first person to shill this matchup but I partly nuked my Reddit account so I can't confirm it 100%
So how does any Touhou Project fan love it?

And how do you feel about vs battle musics made by Brandon Yates and Therewolf Media (and by JPVS and Cryo etc) when it comes to a matchup with a Touhou Project character?

Is Reimu Hakurei vs Arle Nadja honestly better than Reimu Hakurei vs Tokaku Furude

Eren Yeager is pit against Optimus Prime... At this point someone is going to commission Eren Yeager vs Billy Butcher some day.

Poor Monkey D Luffy

Last edited:
So how does any Touhou Project fan love it?
The matchup or the song? Last time I posted about that matchup in the Touhou subreddit it got plenty of upvotes, so I guess they like it.

And the song? I shared it to some friends, and they didn't like it because they found it cringy. Other Touhou fans might have different opinions about it.
And how do you feel about vs battle musics made by Brandon Yates and Therewolf Media (and by JPVS and Cryo etc) when it comes to a matchup with a Touhou Project character?
They tend to be a hit or miss, it is clear that a lot of them never played Touhou and are doing a Touhou song simply to pay the bills, not out of passion or admiration for the series, and it shows.
That's why a lot of their songs sound like average VS scores rather than Touhou songs, or they sound too much like the series Touhou is pitted against.
They're Touhou songs without enough Touhou in them to be a Touhou song.
This is also a problem with other series those musicians don't know about (Cough, Journey's end sounding too much like Minecraft because it's clear Brandon doesn't play Terraria, Cough)
Now, that doesn't mean they're bad, it's just mediocre in my eyes and not what I look for in a Touhou vs score.
Compared to other songs made by Touhou fans, Touhou vs scores are a level below.
Though there are some that are good (Not as good as their other songs, though).

Back