• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No, because that means we wouldn't get the pinnacle of media that was Goku from the saiyan to the namek saga. ******* immaculate character writing.

What a way to downgrade one of their best seasons with one of the worst MU.

And its the point of all of this? To show again how much inferior and pathetic Goku is compare to Superman? Or this too its going to shit on Superman by making him a Gary Sue just to make apply your average dbz fan on YouTube?

**** this
Realistically they probably just want to do it again but do it better this time? Ben has expressed in the past that he’s not happy about GvS2 and it’s his least favorite episode on the show and he loves this match, so he probably felt that now would be a good time to try it again.

Isnt Rick and Morty Infinite^Infinite^Infinite or smth?

Infinite universes with each having infinite timelines with all of this being a really small part of the wider multiverse?
We were comparing the size of an individual universes itself, I don’t believe R&M universes in of themselves are infinite in size, there’s just a statement that would get them really big and make destroying one 1 Octillion times more impressive than a regular uni bust. Touhou has one of the largest finite universe size feats out there so we were comparing it to that.

Isnt Rick and Morty Infinite^Infinite^Infinite or smth?

Infinite universes with each having infinite timelines with all of this being a really small part of the wider multiverse?
Central Finite Curve is probably infinite, but it also has statements that might make it finite.

There being a limited amount of universes Rick and Morty can switch without problems for one.

We were comparing the size of an individual universes itself, I don’t believe R&M universes in of themselves are infinite in size, there’s just a statement that would get them really big and make destroying one 1 Octillion times more impressive than a regular uni bust. Touhou has one of the largest finite universe size feats out there so we were comparing it to that.
Oh yeah then, though all the R&M universes contain the 5th dimension iirc

There being a limited amount of universes Rick and Morty can switch without problems for one.
Rick said they could only do it twice a week or whatever actually meant that Rick couldnt just find a universe that close to theirs all the time since it took him quite some time to actually find the universe

Plus its a meta joke about the writing (Basically Rick is saying "It takes me too long to find this shit morty, we aint doing this every week!")

Honestly? Considering it's been literally eight years since Goku vs Superman 2 came out, Death Battle has become better at scaling Dragon Ball and have made strides with making fights that aren't blatant pot shots, I honestly think that Goku vs Superman 3 is Death Battle's chance of redeeming the opinions expressed in 2015 and being positive with Goku's character as opposed to the limits vs limitless angle they went with all that time ago.

I understand that this is a very very disappointing MU to do, especially with all the options for characters Goku and Superman can fight individually, and it's going to be a clear W for Superman just given all the shit he's had and is continuing to get in the comics. But I'm viewing this in a positive matter because ultimately if I see DB treat Goku with respect and acknowledge that he's pretty damn strong then I'll be content even if it is a stomp in Supes' favor, and I would like to see them make up for what happened with GvS 2.

Feeding Goku to the same character multiple times and portraying the debate that no matter what Goku does, we will never win, now and forever just reeks of character hatred.

I honestly believe the DB crew has a clear bias against Goku.

Tune in to GvS4 where Goku dies again.

Sure it looked cool at first. Also Goku's character writing isn't immaculate by any means, getting angry, yelling, turning blonde and punching people is a far cry from immaculate writing.
Being pushed to fulfill an ancient alien prophecy at the sight of his best friend being blow up before his very eyes, coming to terms with his heritage to take up the mantle as the saiyan's last hope, a warrior of legend, pure of heart and awake by fury, to take down a galactic alien warlord who is unable to accept mercy isn't just 'turn blonde, yell, and punch guy'.

Reductive ass take lol

Its kinda cool how Rick technically killed himself rather than the Doctor doing it.

It fits Rick and makes the Doctor feel less bad
Which just goes to show how good this episode really was. It's also kind of on brand for the Doctor in general. The Doctor generally deals with overwhelming threats with high levels of intelligence all the time. So, Rick is the kind of opponent the Doctor is really built to handle.

They probably will but then proceed to claim him as outerversal with immeasurable speed and that he has insanely broken haxs that completely shut down Goku options
Yeah yeah... I honestly don't feasibly see DB ranking Superman any lower than Raven or MM (even if we're suppose to see DC/Marvel reps in a vaccum in each episode). I don't mind one-sided stomps but three times with the same MU? (Also kinda funny Death Battle repeated history by having a GvS episode before a new DB series has even gotten started properly) yeah while I don't like salt and toxicity, baiting that negativity is worse.

Death Battle could've done things far more tactfully but I'm well aware they have a schedule to adhere to and these episodes are planned months in advance, so it's outta their hands (it's just unfortunate timing GvS3 is happening not long after DB Daima was announced).

Last edited:
Which just goes to show how good this episode really was. It's also kind of on brand for the Doctor in general. The Doctor generally deals with overwhelming threats with high levels of intelligence all the time. So, Rick is the kind of opponent the Doctor is really built to handle.
Yeah, wasn't the most visually stunning, but it was fitting that the Doctor barely fought back and just tried to stay out of the battle.

Only think I dislike was that whole "I am the doctor and I dont want to go..."

Like the whole talk was cool but Rick would NOT let Doctor talk. He would simply shoot so thats really really OOC but I guess its fine since its a cool ass line

Honestly? Considering it's been literally eight years since Goku vs Superman 2 came out, Death Battle has become better at scaling Dragon Ball and have made strides with making fights that aren't blatant pot shots, I honestly think that Goku vs Superman 3 is Death Battle's chance of redeeming the opinions expressed in 2015 and being positive with Goku's character as opposed to the limits vs limitless angle they went with all that time ago.

I understand that this is a very very disappointing MU to do, especially with all the options for characters Goku and Superman can fight individually, and it's going to be a clear W for Superman just given all the shit he's had and is continuing to get in the comics. But I'm viewing this in a positive matter because ultimately if I see DB treat Goku with respect and acknowledge that he's pretty damn strong then I'll be content even if it is a stomp in Supes' favor, and I would like to see them make up for what happened with GvS 2.
Now, that I've calm down a little bit, I'm willing to give them a shot. It's not like I'll miss the episode. I'm just gonna have to go in with no expectations and see what angle they go with. Who knows, maybe they'll use Xeno Goku.

Like the whole talk was cool but Rick would NOT let Doctor talk. He would simply shoot so thats really really OOC but I guess its fine since its a cool ass line
You can make an excuse that it's the Doctor's Archie Sonic plot/probability bs making Rick humour him.

Doesn’t Goku still lose even with DBH? If so that’s funny as ****
Think it depends on how you scale them and what you wanna scale Superman to.

DBH can range from 2-C to Low 1-C so probably enough to beat most forms of supes if you buy the Low 1-C shit but gets stomped whenever you bring higher end Supes like The Thought Robot although that's not even Superman so I don't think they'd use it.

I don't wanna use A>B>C logic here but given that Trunks lost ot Sliver, Vegeta to Thor I don't see Goku taking this. Especially since they only had DBH Trunks at universal albeit very high into it with possibly 4-D scaling, makes it hard for me to believe they'll have Goku be any stronger.

Honestly it's really up to DB at the end of the day to pick who'll win. Best to wait for the G1 blog to see exactly what forms they'll be using for both and to see where they'll scale them.

Well ok, there is exactly 1 way for goku to overcome the differences in the size of the universes,

Some believe that goku's base form because as powerful as his first ultra insinct sign transformation after dighting jern, and that that happened again after he foight the fusion, that would make goku's base from about 8 trillion times weaker then his SSBKKX20 after the TOP, or in otherwords, greatly bridging the gap.

This is the only path I can see for goku, to victory, of course, speed would also have to pan out for goku

I think Rick knows what Time Lords are so he was waiting for his regeneration to start so he can put an end to him, that's why he said "now hurry up"

Back