• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Connections?

Aside from flirting ladies in office suits?
I haven't played Honkai Star Rail. Why is that a matchup?
Both are Devil Hunters. Both are team leaders for their respective organisations (Public Safety Department and Stellaron Hunters). Both have mindhax/control based powers that manifest as strings or chains (Control Devil powers and Spirit Whisper). Both have little regard or empathy for others and are willing to cause as much collateral damage as is required to achieve their goals and will kill anything and anyone that gets in their way. Kafka uses a gun and a katana, both of who's Devils were significant antagonists to Makima's group. Both like dressing sharp and enjoy watching movies. Both lead the protagonist on and manipulate them in various ways. Makima is obsessed with the Chainsaw Devil while Kafka has a similar obsession with fate. Lastly, Makima is the Control Devil while Kafka is always in control because she knows the script of reality and will know every future event and branching possibilities.

Last edited:
Well while we wait for the actual episode to launch on YouTube I have some random question for ya

Q1. Which one of the three houses and army (Church included for the army) would you wish to join the most
A) Assume you were just yourself
B) Assume you were Byleth

Q2. Which FE character do you actually want to see for Death Battle right next and who would be the opponent

Q3: Which Berserk character could actually come next for Death Battle and who would be the opponent
Q1. Golden Deer.

Q2. N (Xenoblade Chronicles 3) vs Líf (Fire Emblem Heroes)

6Mdk6MG.png

Q3. idk

Can someone explain what happened to Guts at the end?

Also another marvel vs dc, at least Piccolo is saved from a big fat L handed to him
Guts died on his feet so the demons were after him due to the mark, but Dimitri charged on to fight the demons to protect Guts's soul from being taken

Just got done watching Guts vs Dimitri.

I liked pretty much everything (especially the fight) except the post analysis.

I'm not knowledgeable on either character, but it feels like DB calc'd Dimitri's raw power based on a weird assumption. I might be looking at it wrong, though.

The fight was great though, especially when they transformed. That shit got me hype.

8/10.

I mean... he has all the same connections except he's also green like MM? Does that count?
MMH vs:

Silver Surfer
  • Aliens
  • Survived tragedy from their home planet
  • Moved to Earth
  • Joined Super hero teams
  • Movesets focus on variety of hax abilities
  • Pacifistic if possible
  • Marvel vs DC
  • Bald
Piccolo
  • Aliens
  • Technically survived tragedy from their home planet if you count Kami
  • Technically moved to Earth if you count Kami
  • Species is greatly endangered
  • Joined hero teams
  • Share some some powers, mostly MMH has Piccolo's powers
  • Considered smarter than most of the members of their team
  • Green
  • Bald
Eeeh, I unno, you need to stretch some of Piccolo's connections.

I’m surprised people are complaining about the lack of a setup for Guts vs Dimitri when a universally complained about thing before the episode dropped in multiple communities was “how are they going to make Guts and Dimitri start the fight and not be contrived” and the only way I saw people agree it could work would be them meeting in the battlefield in a war type scenario. Guts vs Nightmare’s setup is agreed to be not good to the point that “You’re in my way, stand aside” is a meme.

The lack of setup of them being mid fight already was flat out the best option they could’ve gone with and probably one of the best uses of them already fighting each other. Works way better than any setup could have imho. I haven’t seen anyone propose a setup that would be much better.

MMH vs:

Silver Surfer
  • Aliens
  • Moved to Earth
  • Pacifistic if possible
  • Marvel vs DC
  • Bald
Piccolo
  • Aliens
  • Technically survived tragedy from their home planet if you count Kami
  • Technically moved to Earth if you count Kami
  • Species is greatly endangered
  • Joined hero teams
  • Share some some powers, mostly MMH has Piccolo's powers
  • Considered smarter than most of the members of their team
  • Green
  • Bald
Eeeh, I unno, you need to stretch some of Piccolo's connections.
Dang, more thematic via skin color.

I’m surprised people are complaining about the lack of a setup for Guts vs Dimitri when a universally complained about thing before the episode dropped in multiple communities was “how are they going to make Guts and Dimitri start the fight and not be contrived” and the only way I saw people agree it could work would be them meeting in the battlefield in a war type scenario. Guts vs Nightmare’s setup is agreed to be not good to the point that “You’re in my way, stand aside” is a meme.

The lack of setup of them being mid fight already was flat out the best option they could’ve gone with and probably one of the best uses of them already fighting each other. Works way better than any setup could have imho. I haven’t seen anyone propose a setup that would be much better.
Whaaaat there are plenty of options.

Dimitri could have asked directions and Guts would have gotten pissed off and start fighting.

They could have accidentally bumped into each other and start fighting then.

Dimitri could have eaten Guts' lunch.

I guess they could have mistakenly assume they were part of Griffith's & Edelgard's army shrug

Dimitri could have asked directions and Guts would have gotten pissed off and start fighting.

I guess they could have mistakenly assume they were part of Griffith's & Edelgard's army shrug
Or Guts could be trying to find the Chalice of Beginnings to save Casca, which leads him to Dimitri's kingdom

This

This is post development for both, Edelgard’s army isn’t really an option for Dimitri anymore and Guts wouldn’t assume some random warrior to be part of Griffith’s demon armada.

They could have also met eyes. Always works in Pokémon

Just watched Dimitri vs Guts, and I genuinely don’t get the hate for the fight. The analysis for both characters was decently made and enjoyable, the track was mid on its own, but complimented the fight decently enough, and the fight itself was genuinely really damn good. Both of them going insane, and the respect for both characters at the end made the fight way more notable, and more than makes up for the lack of set up, especially when there wasn’t a really good setup option to begin with (aside from eating Guts’s lunch of course). The only real complaint was the usage of the roar feat scaling to Guts, since “Guts fights people stronger than him every day.” Either way, 8.5/10

MMH vs:

Silver Surfer
  • Aliens
  • Moved to Earth
  • Pacifistic if possible
  • Marvel vs DC
  • Bald
Piccolo:
  • Bald
  • Aliens (but Martians and Namekians have superficial similarities and similar-ish physiological powers unlike Silver Surfer)
  • Was initially enemies with a powerful alien warrior also from a doomed planet (Superman/Goku) and later became best friends
  • Endangered species
  • Their race was systematically slaughtered by a group of big bads
  • Hero team
  • Most versatile movesets amongst their teams
  • Smartest of their teams
  • The Western Comics vs Dragon Ball rivalry started by GvS
And two other connections if you count Kami

Last edited:
Just watched Dimitri vs Guts, and I genuinely don’t get the hate for the fight. The analysis for both characters was decently made and enjoyable, the track was mid on its own, but complimented the fight decently enough, and the fight itself was genuinely really damn good. Both of them going insane, and the respect for both characters at the end made the fight way more notable, and more than makes up for the lack of set up, especially when there wasn’t a really good setup option to begin with (aside from eating Guts’s lunch of course). The only real complaint was the usage of the roar feat scaling to Guts, since “Guts fights people stronger than him every day.” Either way, 8.5/10
It's simple,a majority are just salty Berserk fans who is mad why guts lost, and they occupy such weak "reasons" to try to have a real argument, very few people have a real reason to hate the episode (completely free to like it or not).

I can't wait for battle of the bald alien jobbers next time.

Tbh I don't know how best to articulate how I felt overall about Guts Vs Dimitri but I do know I liked it. Also after being reminded about the different timelines FE 3H can take, I still believe victory though any means necessary is a fools errand.

I feel like equalizing the stat trinity for cosmic Marvel Vs DC MUs via cosmology and basing MU outcomes on hax, abilities, skills and intelligence rather than raw stats is both a blessing and curse. While I trust DB scaling Marvel/DC more than us, I can definitely understand and agree with others (comic book skeptics) that essentially making all high tier heralds (or above) Low 1-A or higher is pretty contrived and only adds to the capeshit burn out but there are next to no alternatives without the YT algorithm going "denied".

Back