• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG_5958.png
Why do Guts' hands look that ugly? Why is he grabbing his sword like that? Is he stupid? Is that how he normally grabs his sword, or is that animation just being ugly?

Why do Guts' hands look that ugly? Why is he grabbing his sword like that? Is he stupid? Is that how he normally grabs his sword, or is that animation just being ugly?

IMG_5960.png
'
??? its literally a reference to one of the most iconic Berserk panels ever and is how Guts normally holds his weapon, because how tf else are you supposed to hold a sword that massive forwards.

IMG_5960.png
'
??? its literally a reference to one of the most iconic Berserk panels ever and is how Guts normally holds his weapon, because how tf else are you supposed to hold a sword that massive forwards.
I think it might be the fact that in the animation, Guts’s forearm looks sorta… wrong? It looks upside down in a weird way, just looking at the curve of it. He animation looks great in my opinion, but that does look a bit weird

I think it might be the fact that in the animation, Guts’s forearm looks sorta… wrong? It looks upside down in a weird way, just looking at the curve of it. He animation looks great in my opinion, but that does look a bit weird
^ The arms look bent the wrong way and it doesn't look like the page it's referencing.
you guys are starting to sound like those people who post animation frames and call it looks bad drawn lol
Fair enough, I am not going to judge the entire animation due to a single frame.

I was just saying that Guts arms in that screenshot look ugly.

In regards to the animation, it looks fantastic, 9/10 so far.

Though I didn't like the rapid fire arrows doing no damage. A Death Battle character throwing rapid fire proyectiles just for them to get no selled is a cliché trope that bothers me. #justiceforrapidfireproyectiles
IMG_5960.png
'
I see, it's a reference, awesome, that being said the way Guts holds his sword on the screenshot is way different and uglier than the way he holds his sword in that page.
Screenshot_20230808-1922052.jpg

It's a nitpick but it's true.

Guts Dimitri is indeed 3D.

Starts with fighting, no setup, which is meh.

Tinfoil sees Guts leading at start teehee
Ant-Man vs Atom also has a mid-fight sneak peek. I am not commenting anything in this regard until the whole episode is out.

Tinfoil sees Guts leading at start (actually nothing to tinfoil as Raven vs Phoenix has Raven leading, but Vader vs Obito has Vader leading)

Also i saw that debate about Skullgirls cencorship and yeah all of that are just an overreaction trash cap, and that player who was been mentioned above are just a minority compared to the other major skullgirls top players, moving on.....

Honestly? I want Guts lose so bad so those elitist trash Berserk fans can get what they deserve tbh lel

Nobody posting the sneak peek here?
Also i saw that debate about Skullgirls cencorship and yeah all of that are just an overreaction trash cap, and that player who was been mentioned above are just a minority compared to the other major skullgirls top players, moving on.....
I'd say it's disingenuous to claim that they're the minority. Skullgirls gained an overly negative amount of recent reviews after the patch, like hundreds of them where negative.

And on social media I couldn't go on Twitter for like 2 weeks without having my timeline filled with people bitching about the changes getting hundreds or thousands of likes.

You could easily find hundreds of negative reactions to that censorship patch with a good amount of likes on Twitter.

Daily reminder that Jotaro also gets matched against Jin Kazama, Tommy Oliver, Legends Luke Skywalker, Ren Fujii AND Battler Ushiromiya.
Ken is far from the stompiest match he has.
I mean, I am glad Ren Fuji and Battler Ushiromiya are remembered.

I doubt if Ren Fuji and Battler Ushiromiya can enter a Death Battle at all. Battler may actually get a spot for his visual novel being actually not a hentai game and an "authorized" 2D fighting game exists, but I doubt for Ren Fuji. And any other character from a doujin work or fan collaboration work or fan work.

... That said how is the Shinza Banshou verse revamp going?

Honestly? I want Guts lose so bad so those elitist trash Berserk fans can get what they deserve tbh lel
Come on man, they're still grieving Miura death, no need to antagonize them

It sounds like all you do is complain, I got a problem with seeing a lot of Naruto fans ending up being pedos but you don’t see me rubbing my hands together while saying “those damn pedo naruto fanboys deserve to lose”
Because 1: that generalization is stupid
And 2: that’s really petty

Last edited:
Are you guys actually arguing about Skull girls now?
Anyway I personally don't like the changes too though I understand that it's more a symptom of a much larger problem facing society. The game lacks it original people who made it what it is and is now helmed by new people who have have the unenviable task of making a fundamentally seedy game marketable. The issues lies in how the line of what is and isn't acceptable is set and how special interest groups spread their ideologies and limit anything they find controversial. You can't have a franchise with blatant fan service, references to an infamous **** artist and Nazi iconography even if it's for the bad guys and expect to expand your brand without a hitch. So of course they're going to neuter their own game to make it appeal to a broader demographic.
the arm bands are not just nazi other cultures just use arm band as a status when like helping people if we going down this road pinwheel "fan" is a swastika even tho Asian culture in an other way Buddhist symbol . this dumb idea ban everything (example cause a bunch of people went off with pencils stab many people now lets ban pencils)
second note casuals pay the bills for fighting game why ruin sales

Last edited:
It sounds like all you do is complain, I got a problem with seeing a lot of Naruto fans ending up being pedos but you don’t see me rubbing my hands together while saying “those damn pedo naruto fanboys deserve to lose”
Because 1: that generalization is stupid
And 2: that’s really petty
Bro you took what i said personally 🗿
Maybe i'm too harsh but you can't deny that Berserk fans can be like that sometime

I'd say it's disingenuous to claim that they're the minority. Skullgirls gained an overly negative amount of recent reviews after the patch, like hundreds of them where negative.

And on social media I couldn't go on Twitter for like 2 weeks without having my timeline filled with people bitching about the changes getting hundreds or thousands of likes.

You could easily find hundreds of negative reactions to that censorship patch with a good amount of likes on Twitter.
First, it's twitter, why you even use that as the basis
Second, those review is one of the reason why it is an overreaction

So honestly just like what Sajam said: "I don't give a f***"

Nah I just can’t stand people who are always negative. I get being upset with people, but all you ever do is complain
I mean majority here is always negative as well

Regardless if i'm offended you then my bad, it's not like i have many friends since i always triggering someone by my comments and that's make me feels bad

Back