• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle General Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur. I don't normally see joke fights as legit info to prove who would truly win. But this fight is SO filled with ROFLAMOs, I'm actually proud of Screwattack for making something so funny, it wouldn't even matter who won.

With that said...

What? The list is discarded? I was looking foward to many of the fights as well! Now we won't have Scrooge McDuck fighting shovel knight now... What about Hot Rod? He was my all time favorite transformer, so who would be a good opponent?

I wouldn't say all of the fights are scrapped. Most of them were pretty popular requests, so maybe they just altered the order of some of them, or are throwing some new ones into the mix.

Holy... I better hope @Meleemaster is right about the alterations at least, because from what I'm reading, the list shouldn't have been leaked... :( Shame, I was looking forward to many kickbutt fights. Personally, if Master Hand vs Polygon Man becomes an actual DEATH BATTLE, I hope they don't use outside help besides their respective moves, and their armies (I don't want to see that hand cheat with Crazy Hand. :/). I can understand if Master Hand uses Base stats. Anything higher would be an unfair fight.

Anyways, does anybody have a good idea for an opponenet for Hot Rod? I know the fight will never happen, but whatever...

I don't see why it'll matter to them if we know the upcoming battles it doesn't make them any less awesome if we knew who they chose to won then that'd be a much worse scenario I hope they don't change anything because of this.

Yuk it wasn't just kryptonite. It was hulk, batman, and Thor with a planet made of krptonite planet MIGHT be able to defeat him.

Yukaphile said:
Out of curiosity, I hear Superman did push a planet with Kryptonite or something like it. What's the story behind that? Outlier? PIS? A different writer? Or a different version of Superman?
1. Outlier no matter what, its Superman's big thing to be weak to kryptonite, him overpowering it usually is PIS/Outlier writer's wanking of Superman.

2. That video is old, it is ridiculous, but old, no use bringing it up. It has already been torn apart here.

@Yukaphile This feat is from the 2006 live action film Superman Returns. Not from any comic book.

And it wasn't a planet of kryptonite it was an island. Death Battle for some weird reason made the assumption that Superman could also survive an entire planet of kryptonite because of this feat. Despite the fact he was clearly struggling greatly with the island.

Also Superman has consistently been endangered by far less kryptonite than this, so even if this feat was canon, which it isn't, it'd be clear PIS.

Yukaphile said:
And then they blatantly took a shot at the Dragon Ball Z fandom with the infamous words, "Take that, Goku!" That could pretty much sum up what their channel has become since they first started out. "Take that, Goku!"
Except they've taken plenty of shots at other fandoms including Superman's. Their reasoning for Superman beating Goku or that one DoDB shouldn't anull anytime they praise DBZ or criticize anything else.

Quicksilver is right in which there are similar feats like the two Supermen pushing Prime through a Kryptonite Asteroid field through a red sun, or Superman taking on beings like Kryptonite Man, a Kryptonite powered Doomsday, and Lex Luthor piloting a building sized Kryptonite mecha (conveniently around the time Superman Returns was released). Having Superman Returns be displayed was not a smart move, but given how many times he's withstood larger kryptonite formations, I'd call Superman's endangerment to kryptonite in general inconsistent.

Yukaphile said:
It's the whole point. I honestly feel that Ben and Chad do not represent me as DBZ fans. Even if they watch the show, it doesn't make them a true fan.
You realize that there's MILLIONS of DBZ fans, right? Certain ones value the shows and characters in different views while still maintaining the right to criticize other aspects. It makes it a practical impossibility to please and represent everyone. Hell, TFS craps on it all the time while still emphasizing their love for the show, and they may or may not represent every fan for their love/hate of certain characters (i.e. Broly).

Even then, Death Battle and vs debates in general are about determining who'd win in a fight. Saying Goku doesn't beat Superman or incorrectly measuring his power doesn't make them hate DBZ, or "not true fans." I'm sorry, but the whole "true fans" angle is ridiculous. No matter your dedication towards the series, you can't say that someone isn't a true fan because they disagree with you in stuff like this.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Just to clarify, Ben and Chad are just the host's of the show, they don't do the research, the researches do that and they decide who wins, not ben and chad...
Bowser vs Ganon, Toph vs Gaara, and Yang vs Tifa begs to differ.

The great ZZ said:
Just to clarify, Ben and Chad are just the host's of the show, they don't do the research, the researches do that and they decide who wins, not ben and chad...
Bowser vs Ganon begs to differ.
As does Dante vs Bayonetta...

Ben and Chad contribute to the research, but have more of the SA staff to help them these days rather than the older ones. Some of the ones just mentioned could either be the result of Sam or Nick, but let's just call it a group effort for now. Thankfully, starting with Mewtwo vs Shadow, they have gotten a group of g1s to contribute more to the research, which I think helped with the last half of Season 3.

The great ZZ said:
Bowser vs Ganon, Toph vs Gaara, and Yang vs Tifa begs to differ.
proof they contributed to the reserch? all i'm seeing is death battles that made peoples salt levels an all time high

WeeklyBattles said:
I'll try to find the research but i know for a fact every one of them said that Bayonetta would wi
That was the g1 part before Screwattack promoted them to higher contribution. Either way, it wouldn't be solely Ben or Chad who determined the winner at SA since they have other writers and researchers.

Hoh, I though that this thread were lost forever (again).

A decent fight, Lara should win, but since both are humans, wouldn't mind if Nathan win if they make a good rasoning.

I was going to compare the stats we have here, but we don't have a page for Lara Croft atm :O

Anyway, I personally want Nathan Drake to win, but IDK who'll actually win.

Der Purple Ist Dank said:
SOMEONE QUICK FIND FEATS FOR LARA, or just make a profile with info from a respect thread? Either way a profile would be nice.
Didn't Lara fight a Trex?

Yeah, she fought a T-Rex, but was the typical range-fight, still being more than Drake has done (welp, actually that I remember); she is also able to thrust a block of at least 20 tonnes.

I'll just copy my post on another site thread

Nathan Drake marathoned through a desert and ends up on a ruins after what could be days, first thing he does? Fights off an army of mercenaries.

Fights off numerous mercenaries while he's bleeding out, after running up a train that was falling, while in the Himalayas. Guy has to fight through armies and armies day and night sometimes, with little rest, and a lot of destroyed environmental stuff. Then there's the artifacts he could make use of it. Guy's fortune is literally his ability too, which explains why he survives explosions apparently. Also amazing finger strength.

To use the "He lost to a mercenary" on the latest game isn't right since he's already old and losing his touch at that point. Course he could still keep up but in the end that wasn't his peak anymore. He's quite superhuman in the end, even surviving explosions (Direct and indirect) and performed an equivalent amount of ridiculous feats.

Oh and he also took on superhuman Cole (Building level) on a fightfight and then harmed Kratos with a Kerosene Tank :^ )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGYlbvHcDM

Shame couldn't do that for Sackboy : /

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8CErfgA2w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back