• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Asta vs Electroblob’s Wizard (correct site this time and Grace)

I see death battle is pretty active on fc/oc so I hope this is a match that actually goes anywhere with the player. Speed equalized and the player has novice spells. Win by first death or ko.
Edit: The player also lacks their shield.

The future wizard king (varies, 8-C swords are 1.6 tons):

The future best wizard (0.3 tons): 3

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So I think they start 4 kilometers apart, but Asta can just block from that range.

Mid regen means Asta can only win through cutting the wizard to pieces. But the wizard is smarter/more skilled and has better LS, so Asta will have to make use of his large AP advantage to win. Wizard is limited by not having any of their equipment, so that’ll help a lot. The best he seems to have is elements, stat reduction, and summons. But that’ll all be negated if Asta hits them with his swords. This is hard to decide. Asta could use his sword control to finish the job but the Wizard could capture him with vines or electrocute/freeze him.

I think I’ll vote Asta since The Player has to find out a way to avoid his swords touching them or their spells and air manipulation would be an easy way to catch them.

The player doesn’t have their apprentice or higher spells so the max range would actually be the higher end of dozens of meters. The equipment statement is not what I meant at all, I meant they would be in the novice key tier. Just didn’t want to directly call it the key. Many of the spells in this key spawn on the opponent like freeze and ignite, plus they have telekinesis and class 50 lifting strength to rip asta’s swords from him. I more figure this would need to be a very quick fight of “does Asta close the distance or does the wizard flash freeze him, burn him, or yank his swords away first”.

To help out with Asta the quintessential spell of this key is magic missile and that’s just a simple 9-A projectile so the wizard will likely waste an attack doing that first. In the same way I believe they’re always open with time stop + black hole in their master key.

The player doesn’t have their apprentice or higher spells so the max range would actually be the higher end of dozens of meters. The equipment statement is not what I meant at all, I meant they would be in the novice key tier. Just didn’t want to directly call it the key. Many of the spells in this key spawn on the opponent like freeze and ignite, plus they have telekinesis and class 50 lifting strength to rip asta’s swords from him. I more figure this would need to be a very quick fight of “does Asta close the distance or does the wizard flash freeze him, burn him, or yank his swords away first”.
What are the keys under standard equipment for? The first one says nothing. Also all the stuff that’s not optional equipment doesn’t help much. Player can pull Asta’s swords, but he has plenty and can freely control them himself so I can imagine Player getting sniped once Asta pulls a new one out and sends it flying. Also Asta’s air manipulation may work on fire since he’s generating enough wind to blow it out.
To help out with Asta the quintessential spell of this key is magic missile and that’s just a simple 9-A projectile so the wizard will likely waste an attack doing that first. In the same way I believe they’re always open with time stop + black hole in their master key.
Using that first could definitely let Asta force himself in and hit The Player with an attack over 5 times their durability.

None applies to just the first key as that key is just purely them without anything. Everything afterwards is the basic standard of robe, staff, and spells of the tier, along with other Minecraft basics.

I mean Asta still has to cross hundreds of feet of distance. And if he goes for powernull it’ll pretty much directly tell the wizard he either need to gets rid of the sword or go for attack that can’t be parried. Though if Asta just dodges well it does mean the wizard has less of a chance to go for the nuke option.

I mean Asta still has to cross hundreds of feet of distance. And if he goes for powernull it’ll pretty much directly tell the wizard he either need to gets rid of the sword or go for attack that can’t be parried. Though if Asta just dodges well it does mean the wizard has less of a chance to go for the nuke option.
Yeah but he and Deku had no issues crossing a mock city and the missiles would give time for him to run straight for The Player. Also The Player may just assume Asta is using his strength and not grasp Anti-Magic, making them hold out on using the instant spells. Also if he tries taking the sword, Asta could control it himself and cut him up right there before he realizes it.

Magic Missile is a bolt of pure magic, I think they would find it strange if it just instantly disperses upon contact with the sword. Also wanted to clarify with the earlier comment, while Asta can control his swords he has superhuman lifting strength versus Class 50. Once the player gets their sword (if they go for it) it’s both definitely not leaving that monstrous grip. Also the player will absolutely use it since they are fond of swords unlike deku.

Can they use telekinesis on multiple things at once? If Asta drops all his swords down like how he beat Deku, that could work if The Player can’t control them all

It can control objects within a meter wide area of each other (to phrase it better you control the general area you are directing the spell at when it comes to items and being weapons to you). So if they get all of asta’s swords in a general area together they could control them. How many of Asta’s swords are considered 8-C because I know he has four. I assume 1 is the 9-A one.

It can control objects within a meter wide area of each other (to phrase it better you control the general area you are directing the spell at when it comes to items and being weapons to you). So if they get all of asta’s swords in a general area together they could control them. How many of Asta’s swords are considered 8-C because I know he has four. I assume 1 is the 9-A one.
I think two. If it only works within a meter, Asta’s larger swords should be able to bypass, and using 3 would let him get a good hit.

I don’t mean like if the object is too big it stops, objects partially in the area are grabbed the same as objects in the area. I just mean it targets a meter of area versus a singular object. And I double checked that to make sure.

I don’t mean like if the object is too big it stops, objects partially in the area are grabbed the same as objects in the area. I just mean it targets a meter of area versus a singular object. And I double checked that to make sure.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. Since the other swords are so big, Player wouldn’t be able to control them along with the one they already have.

I mean swords can overlap in a meter, while his sword is very long, I’m not sure it’s wide enough to prevent another sword to be jumbled up on top of it. Plus Asta doesn’t start with both swords so the time it takes to switch strategies is all the time it takes the player to just use his only ice or fire spell and have Asta either instantly die or burst into flames.

Plus if the player uses the sword and only one other sword is 8-C the player can actually have fair fight with Asta since he has the 6-B shield. Without any of asta’s sword I doubt it would be good at blocking asta’s hits with how asta fights (like a living typhoon), but with one of Asta’s sword, shield, and regen he could block a hit from Asta and kill him with a counter.

I mean swords can overlap in a meter, while his sword is very long, I’m not sure it’s wide enough to prevent another sword to be jumbled up on top of it. Plus Asta doesn’t start with both swords so the time it takes to switch strategies is all the time it takes the player to just use his only ice or fire spell and have Asta either instantly die or burst into flames.
It didn’t take too long for Asta to start using 2 and 3 swords at once. Unless The Player immediately tries taking them once the bolts are deflected, Asta has a chance of using numbers to overwhelm telekinesis. Even after it’s taken, Asta has 3 more swords to pull from and he wouldn’t let The Player just grab them again. He could use his air manipulation to fight back before the sword’s taken. Also the sword I think is Asta’s default can fit him on it, and the others look similarly sized in the animation, so they should be around a meter apart if he uses two.
Plus if the player uses the sword and only one other sword is 8-C the player can actually have fair fight with Asta since he has the 6-B shield. Without any of asta’s sword I doubt it would be good at blocking asta’s hits with how asta fights (like a living typhoon), but with one of Asta’s sword, shield, and regen he could block a hit from Asta and kill him with a counter.
Isn’t the shield unfair? And it’s not mentioned in the OP that The Player has any optional equipment.

Also since TK only works with things a meter apart, wouldn’t The Player only be able to control them once they’re right in their face? And if Asta attacks from behind or above, that could also complicate things.

I don’t think so as if he tries to lean on it at all or uses it as a crutch it will absolutely get them killed. The shield is just a single directional tower shield versus a person who likes to stab at someone from every direction possible. That or it could prompt Asta to become 8-A (I want to clarify that’s allowed too, since the ice or fire will kill him the same as his base).

I don’t think so as if he tries to lean on it at all or uses it as a crutch it will absolutely get them killed. The shield is just a single directional tower shield versus a person who likes to stab at someone from every direction possible. That or it could prompt Asta to become 8-A (I want to clarify that’s allowed too, since the ice or fire will kill him the same as his base).
Still, it’s tough enough to make Asta’s swords shatter on contact and wasn’t mentioned in the OP or under Player’s standard equipment on the page. And if Devil Union isn’t restricted, Asta’s flight should let him overwhelm The Player and one shot them.

Also since TK only works with things a meter apart, wouldn’t The Player only be able to control them once they’re right in their face? And if Asta attacks from behind or above, that could also complicate things.
Yeah, the player can steal weapons from people touching them. Though would Asta’s sword shatter, I figured it would just bounce off or stop. Though I can restrict the shield sure.

Yeah, the player can steal weapons from people touching them. Though would Asta’s sword shatter, I figured it would just bounce off or stop. Though I can restrict the shield sure.
Ok so The Player fires a bolt, then once it’s blocked, tries to grab Asta’s sword. But Asta is free to summon more or go into Devil Union in which he stomps AP wise and can fly but is still vulnerable to fire/ice. I might lean Player since him winning takes less effort than Asta hitting him through TK and beating out his regen.

With that I guess it goes heavily back to if Asta prompts the player to use freeze or ignite. Want to mention they do still got a good way to hold back Asta with by entangling him with Class 50 vines if he ever is on the ground and has a good back off move with Thunder to throw Asta back.

Unrelated to the match but mentioning the lifting strength so much makes me want to finally upgrade it to class 100 (unrelated to the match because Class 50 is already hilariously higher than Asta’s) as the canon player got upgraded for something the modded version can do. I already need to fix up the stamina, intelligence, and range anyways. Those don’t change, except for stamina but it’s the same with just superhuman instead of very high as that’s an outdated measurement.

Edit: Just want to confirm the vote before I add it.

With that I guess it goes heavily back to if Asta prompts the player to use freeze or ignite. Want to mention they do still got a good way to hold back Asta with by entangling him with Class 50 vines if he ever is on the ground and has a good back off move with Thunder to throw Asta back.
The vines could be hit by Anti-Magic if Asta notices them. And if he activates Devil Union at any point, that may be a guaranteed win since flight changes the game greatly, making it easier to hit Player plus avoid anything besides fire/ice.

Honestly I’m still unsure but I’ll vote Player FRA.

He can escape with his ap too, just another tool to help the player prolong the fight to switch to more spells. I will count the vote for now too.

Then I will need to get the profile updated for the player ready. And add them once I add the match, though others are free to vote however they want so if the match continues that’s fine too.

Back