• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jackythejack

They/Them
Now, this is just gonna be something really quick and simple. Frank West, Chuck Greene and Nick Ramos are capable of freezing zombies with things such as fire extinguishers, liquid nitrogen and many of their cryogenic weaponry, and Frank can do this to several different zombies with his ice sword, just to name one example.

Accordig to this blog here, freezing a human is 9-A. Therefor, Frank and the Dead Rising cast should all be Small Building level with their cryogenic or ice related weapons.

It's also consistent because this happens in ever game and one of the psychopaths, I believe his name is Evan, gets freezes within seconds with his own liquid nitrogen when it fell on him. While the canonicity of the game this takes place in (Off the Record) and whether it should be used for feats is up for debate, it does show that this is what the developers want the power level of the liquid nitrogen to be.

So...yeah. Base frank is back to 9-A, just under brutally specific condition.

It's come to my attention that psychopaths and looters and survivors don't get frozen by these weapons. This has led to some people thinking they tank 9-A stuff, and therefor, since Frank can kill them, he should be 9-A but...I dunno.

I'm leaving that up for interpretation.

Ehhh. I'm too iffy on it. It's a very odd way for him to get small building. And definitely seems more like outlier. Or at best. Resistance to Ice Manipulation. Cause considering how they react compared to that weapon when comparing several other weapons like the RPG. Which is vastly weaker. Doesn't seem reliable to upgrade them. A resistance would make more sense.

Alright so physically he wouldn't get 9-A.

but shouldn't he still get 9-A with his ice weapons? Those are the ones performing an undoubtably 9-A feat.

9-A via Ice Weapons makes sense I suppose yea. The weapons I know freeze the bodies solid. As long as said character doesn't have a resistance or are 9-A themselves. It should logically be capable of freezing them. Yea.

9-A via ice based weapons

And Ice Resistance

Should Frank also get that ice resistance? I'm fairly certain he's handled ice attacks before.

If that's the case I think...would all protagonists get that? I'm not sure about Nick because I haven't played 3.

Buttersamuri said:
9-A via Ice Weapons makes sense I suppose yea. The weapons I know freeze the bodies solid. As long as said character doesn't have a resistance or are 9-A themselves. It should logically be capable of freezing them. Yea.

9-A via ice based weapons

And Ice Resistance
I just said he should. Oof. But Chuck and Frank should get it. Also unsure about Nick.

Ah I thought you were only referring to psychopaths like Adam.

maybe one of us should actually take a look at DR3

Those weapons being 9-A seems fine

Alright, and I'm assuming Ice resistance then would be good.

I will add this. Feel free to keep this open though in case someone has objections.

Thanks m8.

And what should we do about Nick?

I know he gets a tier change but what about ice resistance? Say possibly?

Check if he actually has ice weapons capable of doing the same. If he does. Tier change with ice weapons and ice resistance like the others. If not. He stays the same

Oof.

I'm just proud that Frank beats up James Bond. Not a lot of people have that honor.

I'll look at things for Nick now

Don't believe so? Other resistances that come from DR4 will be done after I play that game (which I'm putting off for a reason)

And his zombie mode will also be given a separate CRT

Possibly, but I was more so referring to the actual skill tree in DR4 because that thing does give resistances I know that

What about an assumption that zombies are extra weak against ice attacks? If a rocket launcher attack yields ~ 1 mega joule and an ice attack yields similar number of damage but can freeze zombies, the weakness against ice for zombies should be considered instead.

Well. It can be assumed the feat is a bit weaker than the average body. But we can't assume it justifies downgrading an entire tier. This bodies are still fully intact. They aren't like falling apart where we could assume it's a lot weaker. So all we can say is it's likely a bit lower than the energy need to freeze a normal body, but it isn't heavily.

Besides considering some weapons freeze multiple bodies at once it's...questionable at best. You can kill recently turned zombies as well, and they still should have lots of blood in them, as all zombies in dead Rising are recently turned and should have booogical fluids still inside of them.

Back