• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'd be more inclined to drop the 9-A ratings for the Parademons than I would be to upgrade Batman given current material. The Parademons are incredibly inconsistent and the Batmobile has no 9-A feats on its own.

Actually, I asked Mitch about the the car exploding directly on the Batmobile in the BvS chase scene and he said it’s valid for the car being fragmented which is 9-A according to the Reference for Common Feats.

That would be two 9-A feats that Bats scales to.

Shouldn't Batman's speed be upscaled to at least Subsonic, Likely Relativistic combat speed with Relativistic+ reactions?
He legit was fast enough to block Superman's heat vision, as it would scale to Wonder Woman and Cyborg in speed. I don't really see how this is an outlier since it kept on happening multiple times. And also, the thugs never kept up with Batman, they just caught him off his guard, do keep in mind Parademons has kept up with Aquaman too. And Black Manta is a human himself for keeping up with Aquaman and yet he got access to Relativistic speeds, doesn't really sound fair tbh.

Last edited:
I believe the point is that Bats does it in every movie he is in which really makes it odd to call it an outlier when it’s more consistent than any of his other feats. Parademons are relative to the League sans Supes and Flash in speed while the thugs never kept up with Bats and really only tagged him while he was facing the other way or on the ground.

I believe the point is that Bats does it in every movie he is in which really makes it odd to call it an outlier when it’s more consistent than any of his other feats. Parademons are relative to the League sans Supes and Flash in speed while the thugs never kept up with Bats and really only tagged him while he was facing the other way or on the ground.
True, I don't really understand how that is an outlier, I mean, with that logic, parademons kept up with Wonder Woman, one of them managed to tag from Flash. So I mean, Batman's speed should be able to scale to the rest of them.

Regular humans like Black Manta can keep pace with Aquaman and get relativistic ratings but Batman can't because reasons?

And how doesn't batman scale to Wonder Woman and Cyborg in speed when he blocked heat vision?

thugs never kept up with Bats and really only tagged him while he was facing the other way or on the ground.
As a straight face thing, you're suggesting that Batman can move at 10% the speed of light. In the time it takes your neurons to fire and bio-electricty to move from your brain to your hand Batman would be capable of throwing over 100,000 haymakers and view light as you would view a person lobbing a soccer ball.

There's literally no circumstances where that makes sense. Either you discount every single non-scaling showing from Batman as PIS or you accept that the scaling doesn't work. There's no in-between. If everyone wants to do the former, fine. But I'm not really for it.

Also the heat vision thing is from the SnyderCut, not from the main DCEU canon.

As a straight face thing, you're suggesting that Batman can move at 10% the speed of light. In the time it takes your neurons to fire and bio-electricty to move from your brain to your hand Batman would be capable of throwing over 100,000 haymakers and view light as you would view a person lobbing a soccer ball.
yes, at least react to it

Fictional man in a fictional world doing fictional things.
Lets be real here, this isn’t just a DCEU issue but a DC media one as a whole; not much of a comics problem tho. In all my years of watching Marvel and DC shows, I've never seen much blitzing of street tiers aside from special cases.

a straight face thing, you're suggesting that Batman can move at 10% the speed of light. In the time it takes your neurons to fire and bio-electricty to move from your brain to your hand Batman would be capable of throwing over 100,000 haymakers and view light as you would view a person lobbing a soccer ball.
That’s weird when we don’t apply such reasoning to basically every verse on the site. It’s fiction. CW Flash has all of its dumbass numbers tossed out because they are wrong despite that being far more concrete than the mercs being limited to human speeds, MCU is MHS-MHS+ yet Batroc (normal human) can scrap with Cap and no one blitzes anything, comics ……. more need not be said etc etc.
There's literally no circumstances where that makes sense. Either you discount every single non-scaling showing from Batman as PIS or you accept that the scaling doesn't work. There's no in-between. If everyone wants to do the former, fine. But I'm not really for it.
Or they all scale to Bats? Every other scene Bats has involves him scaling to Leaguers in speed besides the warehouse fight and the mercs have no other feats besides a few tagging Bats in a 1v10.
Also the heat vision thing is from the SnyderCut, not from the main DCEU canon.
If you are talking about the temp of HV, then yeah that’s only SC. If it’s the blocking, also yes but since the DCEU has Parademons being able to keep up with Arthur and Stepp in speed, both of whom scale to the HV stuff, nothing really changes for Bats.

CW Flash has all of its dumbass numbers tossed out because they are wrong despite that being far more concrete
I agree that CW Flash is significantly highballed and likely needs a speed downgrade.

MCU is MHS-MHS+ yet Batroc (normal human) can scrap with Cap and no one blitzes anything
I agree, which is why I've made multiple (albeit failed) attempts to get the verse back to supersonic since I find that far more internally consistent than everyone being mach 100+ and eventually macb 1400 whenever the inevitable Spider-Man scaling comes it and makes Black Widow Mach 1400 for fighting Hawkeye.

So if you want to change them back feel free to ask me for help.
Or they all scale to Bats
So every human scales to Batman who all scale to Superman/Kryptonians?

tagging Bats in a 1v10.
This is still a Batman anti-feat. The gap between him and the other mercs would be something like 5,000,000x better in Batman' favor. He would be able to blitz them like Farora under that logic.

I agree, which is why I've made multiple (albeit failed) attempts to get the verse back to supersonic since I find that far more internally consistent than everyone being mach 100+ and eventually macb 1400 whenever the inevitable Spider-Man scaling comes it and makes Black Widow Mach 1400 for fighting Hawkeye.
Shhhhhhh, we ain't there yet, also the Spider-Men and Thor gang remain unaffected for obvious reasons but yeah, let's keep that for another day.

Oh shit. Just realised I never responded to this
I agree that CW Flash is significantly highballed and likely needs a speed downgrade.
Flash is immeasurable so it’s actually a lowball
The point was that “normal humans” having superhuman feats as scaling is nothing new. Don’t see why it’s an issue with Batman of all people who is the poster child of “he’s just a normal guy” being built different.
So every human scales to Batman who all scale to Superman/Kryptonians?
It’s more so just those mercs. Plus Supes scales way above all other Kryptonians so humans = Bats = Supes = Kryptonians isn’t actually a thing nor can it be.
This is still a Batman anti-feat. The gap between him and the other mercs would be something like 5,000,000x better in Batman' favor. He would be able to blitz them like Farora under that logic.
It really isn’t when you take into account that Bats only gets tagged much later in the fight when he is huffing and puffing or from a point blank attack when he is facing the other way.

Regardless, it would be a single antifeat compared to several feats against DD, Supes etc

The point was that “normal humans” having superhuman feats as scaling is nothing new
It was for Batman, who uses cars, boomerangs,l and guns despite being millions of times faster by your claim.

It’s more so just those mercs. Plus Supes scales way above all other Kryptonians so humans = Bats = Supes = Kryptonians isn’t actually a thing nor can it be.
Ah, so literally everyone in the DCEU is Rel+.

Good to know.

It really isn’t when you take into account that Bats only gets tagged much later in the fight when he is huffing and puffing or from a point blank attack when he is facing the other way
He gets tagged multiple times and can't react to basic things like Superman appearing in front of him. Calling him Rel+ requires ignoring so much of the movies its not even funny.

Regardless, it would be a single antifeat compared to several feats against DD, Supes etc
PiS just exists. We don't scale every person to staggering Thanos for the same reason we don't scale everyone to Superman or the Flash.

Just because Batman does a thing once doesn't mean he's suddenly over 50% lightspeed

Wasn't the laser dodgee thing done by Batman's grapnel gun? Or am I missing something?

Wasn't the laser dodgee thing done by Batman's grapnel gun? Or am I missing something?
Snyder wanted to do another DKR reference so Batman grappled away from Doomsday vaguely around when it fired a energy beam at him.

But the same scene featured a gas grenade enveloping Batman and Doomsday leaping a calcable subsonic speeds so the entire scene is just a massive low showing for Doomsday rather than a scaling showing for Batman.

It was for Batman, who uses cars, boomerangs,l and guns despite being millions of times faster by your claim.
I point you to comics good sir. Or almost any piece of media such as the aforementioned MCU and CW Flash.
Ah, so literally everyone in the DCEU is Rel+.

Good to know.
So ….. you didn’t read what I typed.
He gets tagged multiple times and can't react to basic things like Superman appearing in front of him. Calling him Rel+ requires ignoring so much of the movies its not even funny.
Tagged later in the fight when he is visibly exhausted. Being tired affects your performance my guy. He was literally surprised by Supes appearing?
PiS just exists. We don't scale every person to staggering Thanos for the same reason we don't scale everyone to Superman or the Flash.
We don’t scale those people to Thanos cuz they don’t actually harm him. Batman consistently reacts to people who scale to or straight up perform the rel feats. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Just because Batman does a thing once doesn't mean he's suddenly over 50% lightspeed
…….. except he does it half a dozen times in the DCEU and even more in the SnyderVerse?
  1. Ghosts Supes who was trying to rush him
  2. Dodges DD’s HV
  3. Dodges DD’s tackle
  4. Can perceive the DD fight
  5. Can perceive the Zod fight because …… yes? No clue why this man is an eagle eye tbh but he still does it
  6. Sees Flash in super speed and catches the clown
  7. Fights Parademons who can keep up with Aquaman
  8. Blocks Supes HV twice (SnyderCut)
  9. Bullies even more Parademons (SnyderCut)

Snyder wanted to do another DKR reference so Batman grappled away from Doomsday vaguely around when it fired a energy beam at him.

But the same scene featured a gas grenade enveloping Batman and Doomsday leaping a calcable subsonic speeds so the entire scene is just a massive low showing for Doomsday rather than a scaling showing for Batman.
This is incredibly disingenuous. It looking subsonic from our point of view means nothing when cinematic timing exists. DD has been tagging Supes and Diana for the past 4 minutes yet he just randomly slows down for Bats? Quit the cap. If you wanna actually calc that scene, see how many frames it takes the HV to cross the distance and compare it to Bats’ movement.

Still, isn't it his grapnel doing most of the work or did it involve Batman wall-running with the grapnel holding him on?

point you to comics good sir.
And in said comics we don't scale Batman to Superman because it doesn't make any sense.

So ….. you didn’t read what I typed.
I did and it would still be mercs scaling to Batman who scales to Superman. It doesn't make any degree of sense.

Being tired affects your performance my guy. He was literally surprised by Supes appearing?
Being tired wouldn't change the fact that Batman would move at lightspeed according to you. Unless the mercs are also moving at lightspeed Batman would have defeated all of them in under a microsecond.

Him being surprised and not reacting is the issue his car via WoG tops put somewhere around 100 MPH. The speed of light moves at 186,000+ miles per second. He shouldn't have been shocked if he could read multiple novels in the timespan it takes a bullet to travel 5 meters.

Ghosts Supes who was trying to rush
A Superman explicitly holding back who told him seconds before the fight would have been over if he actually wanted to kill Batman.

Sees Flash in super speed and catches the clown
Flash statues Batman every time in super speed and I have no idea what your second comment is referencing.

Quit the cap.
No, it's a bad idea to attempt to scale Batman to Rel+.

If you feel that strongly about the subject make a CRT on it. This is for a 9-A key for Batman. It has nothing to do with speed.

Still, isn't it his grapnel doing most of the
The grapple pulled him and then he jumped off a building to fall into some smoke from a gas grenade.

Which is bad considering, you know, he fell.

The grapple pulled him and then he jumped off a building to fall into some smoke from a gas grenade.

Which is bad considering, you know, he fell.
I was more so arguing Rel speed for his Grapnel gun instead of him physically being that fast as a joke bu eh... at this point I don't even know anymore, haven't watched the film in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back