• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC vs Marvel: Originality War

@Sir Ovens stop spitting out these characters that we don't have pages for and expecting us to do the research for it, oof :(

wtf? We're looking for Marvel ripping off DC and vice versa. Does DC have a Colonel Sanders character?

Let me ask again, WTF?

They would have to be on drugs to rip off those characters.

Heavier drugs than those that exist now.

Unless it was a dumb brand deal.

EDIT: I'm going to bed, my meds are knocking me out.

See if you recognize this one: The super-being that would become known as Hyperio came to Earth as a baby, sent as the only survivor of the race of Eternals from a dying world. A human named Father raised him under the name of Marcus Milton, teaching him the morals of society. As an adult, he became the super hero known as Hyperion, and protected the world along a team of super humans known as the Squadron Supreme...

His first appearence was Avengers #85, February, 1971 btw.

Are we allowed to mention characters who don't have profiles on here? Because if so, the ripoff counter for both companies is going to spike dramatically.

Even without that though, you guys have missed a few pretty obvious ones.

Black Cat originally appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #194 in 1979, a good thirty-nine years after Catwoma first appeared in Batman #1.

Galactus first showed up in Fantastic Four #48, almost three and a half decades before Imperiex showed up in Superman v2 #153.

Swamp Thing VS Man-Thing. Swamp Thing first appeared in House of Secrets #92, barely even two months after Man-Thing first appeared in Savage Tales #1.

I feel Galactus and Anti - Monitor works better

I'd also point out Red Tool who's a DC parody of Deadpool (The parody of Deathstroke)

And would Hyperion count as Superman's rip off? Because if so he might have the largest number of rip offs (What with Sentry, Hyperion, Sun God, Gladiator)

Imperiex is a lot closer to Galactus than the Anti-Monitor is. His character archetype is quite literally "Galactus on a much larger scale", being a gigantic, armored cosmic being with an insatiable hunger, who destroys universes instead of devouring planets.

Also, Hyperion is absolutely a Superman ripoff, to the point that I would say he's the most blatant ripoff of the character that Marvel has made.

Has there ever been a match between Galactus and Imperiex? Cause they're both 2-A. Or is there something that would prevent it from being fair for either side?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Are we allowed to mention characters who don't have profiles on here? Because if so, the ripoff counter for both companies is going to spike dramatically.

Even without that though, you guys have missed a few pretty obvious ones.

Man, we're not done. I was going to sleep!

Wundarr was born on the planet Dakkam to the renegade house of Zeneg. His parents, erroneously believing their planet's sun was about to blow up, placed Wundarr as an infant inside a rocket and sent him through space to safety. Wundarr's parents were then shot dead on the orders of their world's ruling Triumvirate in order to stop them from causing an unnecessary panic. Spending the interstellar voyage in suspended animation, Wundarr eventually came withing the gravitational influence of Earth and was bombarded by cosmic rays in Earth's outer atmosphere, endowing him with certain superhuman physical powers.

First appearence: Fear #17, October, 1973

Back