• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC vs Marvel: Originality War

If we are talking genuine imaginative creativity, rather than just rip-offs, I think that Jack Kirby's 4th World epic, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, and Grant Morrison's Justice League/Superman/Batman/Multiversity stuff received very high marks in that respect. Then again, the Jack Kirby and John Byrne Fantastic Four runs were also quite imaginative.

Y are Batman and Moon Knight compared? Aren't their origins and characters vastly different? Unless the comparison is solely based around their aesthetics (which to me are still pretty distinct)

Hellbeast1 said:
I also don't see why Iron Man and Batman are similar
Agreed, both characters are significantly different. In character they are nothing alike, in their methodology different, their skill set wildly different. The only thing that comes to mind that they have in common is that they're both rich, and if that's a factor then they're an abundant number of characters that should be added on the list

Ironic, considering how Blue Beetle is himself a lot closer to Spider-Man than Iron-Man

Batman is not really a playboy, he is sociopath who pretends to be a playboy during the day so people wouldn't find out about his weird hobby of getting into a furry costume and beating people on the street.

In the same way Black Panther has the core idea of a rich guy dressing up in a dark furry costume and beating people up while using technology, but nobody wants to accept that because "Batman isn't the king of his own country" (if you want to play like that, I don't think I remember Batman being an alcoholic asshole who flies around in a golden armor and has a machine for a heart, but whatever), so what can I do?

Of course they have to change them in some way, otherwise, we wouldn't see them as "great and original heroes" and would see them as "another very dumb rip-off."

Black Panther is a Batman knock off because he is rich, uses an animal based costume and uses tech, anything else is just changes they made so it wouldn't be "another very dumb rip-off."

Was that um, shown? If so, quote it?

New thing: I can link the characters that exist, just not the comics. I'll still include the comics!

Back