• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Last edited:
Where would characters like Martian Manhunter and Darkseid's Post Flashpoint avatars be in this? I assume they'd scale directly to Superman so like 5-A, 4-B at peak.

Where would characters like Martian Manhunter and Darkseid's Post Flashpoint avatars be in this? I assume they'd scale directly to Superman so like 5-A, 4-B at peak.
Darkseids avatars probably don't hold back, so just 4-B. MMH should be 5-A to 4-B like Supes, thanks for reminding me.

I also agree. I have a couple of questions about the new scaling, but I’ll save those for later.

Also don't think of this as a downgrade necessarily, this is like, crucial shit for most UPGRADES even. This is establishing not everyone and their mothers should scale to Superman at his MAX strength, so it's just adding a new step to the powerstairs
That's true.

Nice.

Speaking of which, this means we should prolly restore the 5-A feats of New 52 Supes as well, like him pushing a Kryptonite Moon, a larger-than-Earth ship with Manhunter and so on and so forth.

Nice.

Speaking of which, this means we should prolly restore the 5-A feats of New 52 Supes as well, like him pushing a Kryptonite Moon, a larger-than-Earth ship with Manhunter and so on and so forth.
Completely forgot about those feats, thank you!

Also don't think of this as a downgrade necessarily, this is like, crucial shit for most UPGRADES even. This is establishing not everyone and their mothers should scale to Superman at his MAX strength, so it's just adding a new step to the powerstairs
I agree. Even in the DCAU Supes holds back immensely.

Also, I noticed the following blog that might be useful for this revision:

Already I see issues with that blog (John destroyed Mogo as a Black Lantern channeling powerful Indigo power, which isnt communicated in the blog, it mixes up continuities constantly, no sources, etc). I don't think the blog itself is useful and it seems like most of the noteworthy feats from it are things I've already used. Still, could be useful to look through.

I do not fully agree with the concept of the thread. Considering Superman and other leaguers also hold back during their tier 4 feats which I’m not sure if that has been accounted for. I am unsure how many 4-B feats remain though.

I do not fully agree with the concept of the thread. Considering Superman and other leaguers also hold back during their tier 4 feats which I’m not sure if that has been accounted for.
This is a separate thread topic YOU have to prove, this thread isn't dealing with what SUPERMAN should be, it is dealing with what EVERYONE ELSE should be.

In regards to "more tier 4 feats" you have to provide them and get them calced, because I remember a thread prior basically yeeted all 4-B reasoning except the two calcs

Ah yes, endless Superman upgrade threads. What joy

Jokes aside, after reading through it quickly, I agree that Cap Atom shouldn't scale to Supes, but he definitely does have higher feats. But that's a thread for a different time (when I finally stop being lazy)

There is one calc I find confusing (maybe cause I suck at maths), but how is destroying a moon large planet level?

Ah yes, endless Superman upgrade threads. What joy

Jokes aside, after reading through it quickly, I agree that Cap Atom shouldn't scale to Supes, but he definitely does have higher feats. But that's a thread for a different time (when I finally stop being lazy)

There is one calc I find confusing (maybe cause I suck at maths), but how is destroying a moon large planet level?

The way the scene plays out, he destroyed the moon via blasting out its mass outward, meaning the KE of of the fragments shot out as yields 5-A results.

As for Atom, I'm not surprised, I just head to deal with what I currently have.

So I have two questions.
1: Why doesn’t Doomsday scale to “peak” Superman?
2: Where exactly is Hal Jordan ending up at? Cause he’s not listed anywhere.

Back