• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - The Legendary DC Heralds Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were contained is practically the same as werr put. Let's take this sentence: "The books were out into the bag". The word "put" is in past tense because somebody put the books there in the past. Yet the books still remain in the bag unless somebody took them out. Raven never specified her powers being taken away
No, that's clearly a different context entirely, you can't use present on that as it's something you did in the past rather than the present, thus you need to say that you did it in the past and in this context it will be understood by others that the books are still on the bag. If a living bag were to randomly say "Within me were contained books with power great enough to destroy a universe." and we had no more context then what this tells us is that it had the books and now it doesn't have the books.

In this context the premise isn't already set so that it already makes sense that she still has that.
...why would Raven "kick Trigon's teeth in" Roth have lost those powers contained within her? She's pretty darned consistently portrayed as cosmic.
There is no scan here that has that. We would also need to see the scans of how she's consistently portrayed as cosmic/even to pre-crisis Trigon(?), all with sources.
"likely up to High Universe level (After having relativistic effects taking over his body as he approached litghtspeed & his body's mass increased towards infinity, he then described his speeds as appearing "as a continuous beam of light" to a slower Speedster, implying he reached lightspeed & had infinite mass rather than approaching both qualities)"

Superboy-Prime's super inconsistent, the take on his powers his power being rage-based is fitting to how it goes up and down in a same comic for apparently no reason. He usually gets caught off-guard in a way that he seems to be helpless but then proceeds to easily deal with whoever attacked him. He has pierced Superman's shoulder and made a hole in his hand with heat vision, blitzed Bart, Wally West & Jay Garrick at once, and threatened to cause a Big Bang that he would survive from the center while it kills off everyone else. Heralds scaling to his peak is pretty nonsensical.

I remember this feat being rejected, hopefully somebody remembers the reasons.
Essentially it was because it seems as though the universes are passing through them. It just doesn't make much of any sense to interpret it as them tanking universal damage on a constant basis while playing cards, because there is no indication from the rest of the series that they are that strong. Moreover, since they tell Phantom Stranger to be careful, the implication seems to be that careful navigation of the room is what allows them to avoid the collision with these universes, so that's probably all it is.

I think it's important to note the immense amount of effort that Eficiente has had to put in to address all of these feats, many of which are definitely wrong. That's why I said early on, dumping a shit-load of scans is not ideal for a situation like this.

If none of the feats have enough approval and nothing is going to change, why continue the thread?
Emirp said that he was going to respond to Eficiente’s points once he was done, and there’s still discussion happening, so maybe don’t act like the thread needs to be concluded?

Emirp said that he was going to respond to Eficiente’s points once he was done, and there’s still discussion happening, so maybe don’t act like the thread needs to be concluded?
Dude, none of the characters have any feats that have been accepted, seems to me like this thread's going nowhere.

Essentially it was because it seems as though the universes are passing through them. It just doesn't make much of any sense to interpret it as them tanking universal damage on a constant basis while playing cards, because there is no indication from the rest of the series that they are that strong. Moreover, since they tell Phantom Stranger to be careful, the implication seems to be that careful navigation of the room is what allows them to avoid the collision with these universes, so that's probably all it is.

I think it's important to note the immense amount of effort that Eficiente has had to put in to address all of these feats, many of which are definitely wrong. That's why I said early on, dumping a shit-load of scans is not ideal for a situation like this.
They said Phantom Stranger should be careful because he might get lost in the dimension, not because the universes might **** him up. And then saying that the universes crush into them strongly implies it's actual physical damage

Dude, none of the characters have any feats that have been accepted, seems to me like this thread's going nowhere.
Aside from the above, there is value in going back and forward in why a wrong feat is believed to be correct, this is being archived in a way that can come in handy later, be it if better evidence/reasons come up or if the feat is still wrong but is talked about again anyway.

Aside from the above, there is value in going back and forward in why a wrong feat is believed to be correct, this is being archived in a way that can come in handy later, be it if better evidence/reasons come up or if the feat is still wrong but is talked about again anyway.
That's assuming the argument actually ends in one side's favor and doesn't just go on and on or get rejected.

They said Phantom Stranger should be careful because he might get lost in the dimension, not because the universes might **** him up. And then saying that the universes crush into them strongly implies it's actual physical damage
It doesn't say it crushes into them, it says it collides around and through them. Strongly implying that it is not physical damage.

That's assuming the argument actually ends in one side's favor and doesn't just go on and on or get rejected.
Well, that's pessimistic. It's not assuming that and it still has value for the same reasons I said if anything gets cut off & rejected because that will not necessarily be the immediate reaction to anything anyone replies, unless someone says something that needs 0 elaboration. Edit; You are basically saying "It's bad because it could go on forever or end instantly with nothing to it"

Agreed. Eficiente has really made a great effort here, but I do not know if he has evaluated all of the presented feats yet.
I'll be tagging the staff later today who gave blanket votes to please do case by case judgements while also taking into account the other's determinations.
That would be very appreciated, thank you. Blanket agrees or rejections are not at all appropriate for this type of complicated revision with many feats to evaluate indepth.

Anyway, for the record, I still do not at all mind an upgrade, but it needs to be from properly analyzed and accepted specific feats, not just offhandedly accepting several dozens of them at once.

Anyway, big thanks to Eficiente, Firestorm808, Qawsedf234, Deagonx, and everybody else that I have overlooked who have made a genuine effort here.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

So what, if anything do all of the members who have evaluated feat by feat here think that we can use?

The following Staff have either given blanket agrees or limited verifications: @LordTracer @KLOL506 @Planck69 @Maverick_Zero_X, @Matthew_Schroeder

If you have time, please make case-by-case judgments while also considering the other's determinations and reasonings.

Current case-by-case judgments are on this post and will be updated accordingly.

Please notify us if you wish to revise or add any feat verifications below.

I agree with using the following feats:

Just to be clear, none of this affects characters who have separate post-flashpoint profiles, like Superman, WW, and Powergirl, right?

Do you agree with the Firestorm feat?

So, to clarify this:

"likely up to High Universe level at lightspeed (After having relativistic effects taking over his body as he approached litghtspeed & his body's mass increased towards infinity, he then described his speeds as appearing "as a continuous beam of light" to a slower Speedster, implying he reached lightspeed & had infinite mass rather than approaching both qualities)"

The "likely" obviously means that I take the feat as likely to be the case but not objectively. The "up to" means that this is something that can happen at lightspeed, not that it will be the case at lightspeed. Speedsters manipulate the laws of physics on how they apply to do things like this. "Wonder Woman has survived lightspeed attacks from Zoom (Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #214, May 2005), with lightspeed in DC being Infinite Mass" is still wrong as a feat as it assumes Zoom is using the same mechanic to have infinite mass whereas another Speedster moving at lightspeed could uncontrollably destroy herself by turning into a singularity due to being too heavy, and Barry at lightspeed just has his fist hit like a white dwarf star. This doesn't mean that the rules are inconsistent, but that what's happening is not the same, because Wally's feat was his own usage of his powers that doesn't apply universally.
I would like an explanation to reply to the reasons I used to disgree with the following feats:
I removed the ones where the reply would have been too fundamental and not worth debating.

I'm aware this realistically makes him scale, with "standard comic outlier" I meant this was the type of set up used when outliers happen in DC comics, giving some value to it.
I don't still agree with mentioning outlier when other feats are there to make it reasonable.
It's not a "possible future", Fate said that will happen, and Mordru from Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #4 from the 31st century.
You all are people should know all futures shown to be future in DC are all just possible futures, we've seen different kinds of futures we know about all are just possible future realities and not certain.
Please elaborate.
I meant SBP was probably scaled to TT probably due to TT is a possible future of SBP and SBP also destroyed him in Legion of 3 worlds which also affected him in a time paradox kinda bullshit way.
Yes, there are no statements that say so, it's just intuitive by the context he's in.
That's just your headcanon.
Ok. You can be as powerful as when alive when undead/zombie yet have a lower durability with a higher resistance to pain, it's fairly common.
Definitely true that's why I didn't completely disagree with you cause it's common in fiction.
Ok, we need better evidence on how he holds back. The way this usually goes is that we can pinpoint foes and timeframes where he's holding back, and when doing he ends up saying things like that anyway. Like Thor.

I leave that work to the rest of the staff. Otherwise my argument is super weak there.
He compared her with a Superman who's lost it, not s holding back superman.

Anyways no problem.
Doesn't sound meaningful. Ok if there isn't more to it
How dosen't it sound meaningful? Besides someone already dropped another scan of it not just being called infinite but Endless also.
Alt. versions of characters may vary in power, or the way he fights may make him easier to defeat. It's neat but it doesn't bring up anything that can be used.

It's what MT said what makes him talk about Wally's potential, not Wally's concussion at first. It would change nothing if he said "I agree" immediately, it would just mean that he knows of this potential, that he agrees later just means just that, that he came to agree to it later. The initial concussion still contributes though, it's new info to him.
Precisely they do but Wally said it himself, He made it blatantly clear it would be suicidal for him to take down Superman.

He said it based on potential and standard which Wally obviously can since post crisis, anyways check the good supporting evidence above also.
Going over this again, it's likely that he did reach lightspeed as he says that he would appear as a continuous beam of light, so I agree to this:

likely up to High Universe level (After having relativistic effects taking over his body as he approached litghtspeed & his body's mass increased towards infinity, he then described his speeds as appearing "as a continuous beam of light" to a slower Speedster, implying he reached lightspeed & had infinite mass rather than approaching both qualities)
Good.
Well, the boundaries of many things can be destroyed w/o affecting the things themselves that had those boundaries. A thing may also not have boundaries that cover them in all sides like aura, it can be of any size really as long as someone decides "Ok so this is the boundary of this thing".
I just thought it meant the very boundaries of the space-time,the very limit itself.
Affecting as in significantly affecting, the term we made up for practicality? And I assume it's not distortion and warping on its own, but distortion and warping proven to be on the level of significantly affecting, in which case yeah but it doesn't matter here.
Probably since we aren't certain.

Superboy-Prime's super inconsistent, the take on his powers his power being rage-based is fitting to how it goes up and down in a same comic for apparently no reason.
To be fair against Superboy he was angry and afraid and against Superman, Superman was holding back against him, so they could others shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back