• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Rebirth Superman and Post-Flashpoint Supergirl Time Travel Ability

Alright doing this one more time since I didn't realize I had to put tags on my post for it to get mod attention. Can you tell I'm new at this? Hopefully I did everything right this time and I won't be reposting this a third time with some other fix.

Also just a quick heads up, since I am new at this I don't know exactly how this is done beyond showing proof of said feats. So anything involving actually including these scans to the page is something I don't know about.

Anyway, in issue #2 of Batman/Superman: World's Finest we see Supergirl break through the time barrier and use her x-ray vision on the tachyon trail of a sword to travel to a specific point in time. Then later on in issue #5 when trying to find Robin who had been lost in time after Supergirl accidentally dropped him due to a time storm, Robin leaves a message in the past engraved on a stone that he knew Batman would find which Superman then uses to find Robin's exact place in time. Now while it may seem that these feats are simply part of a non canon book (something that I believed to be the case), it turns out that the big bad of the World's Finest book, The Devil Nezha, shows up in the most recent issue of the current Robin book, issue #17. And we know that this isn't just DC taking the specific character from a non canon book and inserting them into canon since issue #6 of World's Finest and issue #17 of Robin end with this page. Should also be noted that the whole "use x-ray vision to follow the tachyon trail" isn't required for either Supergirl or Superman to time travel in general, it's just used to follow the "time trail" of where and when a specific object has been throughout history. Supergirl says that she doesn't know when Robin ended up when she lost her grip and that's why she can't find him, not that she outright can't time travel at all without a tachyon trail to follow. It's the same with the sword, they had to use a tachyon trail to find where the sword originally came from.

And that's about all I got.

Huh. Not sure how to interpret this.

So, Supergirl broke through the time barrier at casual flight speed with Robin.

Has Mark Waid written in this ability years prior, or is this new? The people in the comic are taking it very casually.

Huh. Not sure how to interpret this.

So, Supergirl broke through the time barrier at casual flight speed with Robin.

Has Mark Waid written in this ability years prior, or is this new? The people in the comic are taking it very casually.
From what I can tell this is something new for Waid. The entire story seems to be Waid trying to go for a silver age feel with stuff like the casual time travel, Superman beating someone by whistling, and whatever the hell this was with Batman and Superman fusing into one person with green lantern powers.

Edit: Though Waid does have a history of bringing wacky stuff like that back since he's had Supergirl do a similar whistling trick in his Legion book.

Last edited:
Back