• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Post-Crisis Superman Early Key Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doomsday does not have an emotion-based power level.
He says Doomsday is slower and weaker due to agony and when he's saying that hes effortlessly dodging Doomsday and Doomsday shatters his claw punching him.

While Superman did get rid of his mental limits with Mongol, that wouldn't apply to Doomsday. He mentioned explicitly to Lois that he's only overcome his mental limits when fighting one person, which was Doomsday.

DD was also fighting Imperiex Drones with Superman and they were even with each other and when Doomsday lost that weakness he went back to being physically stronger and faster.

Well, I am not disputing that Doomsday was not able to use his powers as efficiently at that time, but it doesn't make sense that it would affect his durability to the extent of breaking his claws as well.

You are correct about that Doomsday did much better during his preceding fight with the Imperiex drones though, so never mind about that part then.

Superman was still explicitly powered-up after training with Mongul though. Before that he was not able to move planets on his own, for example.

Also, Firestorm808 still makes very good sense here and has lots of explicit logical evidence, and our job is to be as honest and informative as we can manage to our visitors, so I do not think that we should avoid including this information.

To clarify, we'll save all the Post-Death Doomsday stuff for a different thread.

Currently working on the Pre-Death stuff.

While that does happen, strength of a planet makes no sense. Planet's aren't 5-B because they're strong or explode or whatever. They're 5-B because gravity holds them together and some of them are moving at fast velocity.
As mentioned prior, Superman explicitly states that he couldn't break out of the hold, and we don't scale characters to being held in place unless intentionally being crushed.

To clarify, we'll save all the Post-Death Doomsday stuff for a different thread.

Currently working on the Pre-Death stuff.
Okay. No problem.
As mentioned prior, Superman explicitly states that he couldn't break out of the hold, and we don't scale characters to being held in place unless intentionally being crushed.
That seems to make sense.

Even then I don't believe it would be a Tier 5 feat. It would just be LS if anything.
Superman was still explicitly powered-up after training with Mongul though.
I do agree, but my point was that by Superman's own admission he broke those limitations when fighting Doomsday

"Bellowing in pain, Doomsday lashed out and kneed Superman in the chin. Superman stumbled, and the monster pressed on, delivering a slashing left that laid open Superman’s cheek. The Man of Steel could feel the blood flowing again, but even more he felt the energy surging through him. If he had held back earlier that day, he now reached down into reserves of power that he’d never tapped before."

Superman is said to tap into a greater reserve of power when fighting Doomsday, this was during the death of superman fight. Can be used as supporting evidence for Superman growing stronger as Firestorm said, and someone could add it to Statistics Amplification

Yeah, everything about it says that last deathblow against Doomsday was the first time Superman went all out with his then current strength, but doesn't negate his Eradicator upgrade, his Mongul training and his post Infinite Crisis upgrade.

Here's the proposed split of abilities.

Some of the feats... IDK.

The Kepler Supernova feat is obviously not 4-B by any means whatsoever. Superman only tanked the initial neutrino burst of the supernova, which carries only 1% of the overal power of said explosion, (1e+44 times 50 is 5e+45 J, 1% that is 5.e+43 J, or High 4-C).

As for the Country level explosion, I don't think we've still managed to determine a proper formula for outer space explosions, but we can't use our airburst formula or ground-based formula in outer space because there's no air to speak of in outer space to begin with, thus, nothing to exert pressure on from the explosion.

Also I think we should just remove the Apokolips and Genesis feat as it was rejected on grounds of being part of a story of dubious canonicity.

As for the Country level explosion, I don't think we've still managed to determine a proper formula for outer space explosions, but we can't use our airburst formula or ground-based formula in outer space because there's no air to speak of in outer space to begin with, thus, nothing to exert pressure on from the explosion.
In any case, we still have other Tier 6 feats for use.

Some of the feats... IDK.

The Kepler Supernova feat is obviously not 4-B by any means whatsoever. Superman only tanked the initial neutrino burst of the supernova, which carries only 1% of the overal power of said explosion, (1e+44 times 50 is 5e+45 J, 1% that is 5.e+43 J, or High 4-C).

Also I think we should just remove the Apokolips and Genesis feat as it was rejected on grounds of being part of a story of dubious canonicity.
I'm fine with changing the Neutrino feat.

IIRC, the Apokolips and NG feat was scaled to planet level when normal size.

I'm fine with changing the Neutrino feat.

IIRC, the Apokolips and NG feat was scaled to planet level when normal size.
No, it was rejected completely, downscaling Supes to his normal size got us Low 4-C as per Spino's calc, but even that was put into contention despite having confirmed statements that Apokolips and New Genesis are at the very least bigger than the largest stars in the universe.

Depends on the timeframe they took to drill through all that.

Also, the mantle and outer core are liquid. You can't frag a liquid.
Copy. Will look into that part.

I assume it also applies to this calc?

We also have:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/DC_Comics_-_Superman_Survives_a_Nuke | City level | 7-B | Limit

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/DC_Comics_-_Superman_Tanks_City_Explosion | Mountain level | 7-A | Limit. Left him too weak to fly

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/DC_Comics_-_Superman_Causes_a_Quake | City level | 7-B | Moderate to High effort, Enraged

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/DC_Comics_-_Superman_and_Doomsday's_Deathblows | Small Country level | Low 6-B | Limit

Might need to adjust to Tier 7, possibly Tier 6.

Well, I think that Superman would get the proportionate power of his regular self after using a Boom Tube, and I obviously don't mind a High 4-C or 4-B feat in itself. The problem is just that it happened in "Death of the New Gods", in which Jim Starlin as usual didn't give a crap about if he severely contradicted other continuity, such as the nature of The Source, or other storylines such as Final Crisis. In addition, wouldn't Superman just have tanked a small part of such a collission, given that he was so much smaller than the two giga-planets?

Superman would still likely scale to 4-B from Alan Scott though.

Well, I think that Superman would get the proportionate power of his regular self after using a Boom Tube, and I obviously don't mind a High 4-C or 4-B feat in itself. The problem is just that it happened in "Death of the New Gods", in which Jim Starlin as usual didn't give a crap about if he severely contradicted other continuity, such as the nature of The Source, or other storylines such as Final Crisis. In addition, wouldn't Superman just have tanked a small part of such a collission, given that he was so much smaller than the two giga-planets?
Apparently the Boom Tube enlarges Superman to Low 1-C size so uh... good luck with that.

Superman would still likely scale to 4-B from Alan Scott though.
Yeah, I saw this, until I realized that I might have confused "electromagnetic shockwave" with "initial neutrino burst", and I might have as well confused the 1% with 99% (Turns out, the neutrino burst itself is actually 99% the power of a supernova, not 1% as I believed).

Though I do have a question. How do we deal with Superman being threatened to be incinerated by that expanding ball of radiation?

I also remember Amelia saying that this entire story was made up by Jonathan, is that true @Firestorm808 ?

What feat(s) do you refer to when you say "made up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back