• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Animal Man Cosmology Determination

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first seems to be an association rather than a fact. For the second, I don't see clear how "our native reality" is but a dream to the denizens of the Space Beyond All Knowing.
Here’s some scans I didn’t include in this thread because I wanted to save them for another thread that would solely focus on Animal Man’s tier.

The Animal Masters dream this place(reality).(Animal Man #50).

Antagon destroys Animal Masters and their dream of reality(Animal Man #50) on panel.

Animal Man along with a few others who’ve just newly become Animal Masters release themselves into the Space Beyond All Knowing and take root there.(Animal Man #50)

Together they then bring forth the dream of the universe from the space beyond all knowing.(Animal Man #50)

More evidence that Buddy did indeed bring forth the Universe from the template of thought that is the space beyond all knowing.(Animal Man #50)

Everywhere in the space of the dream worlds(planets) come to be without effort.(Animal Man #50)

Further confirmation that Buddy and the other Animal Masters were legitimately dreaming reality back into existence from and within the Space Beyond All Knowing.(Animal Man #50)

Here’s some scans I didn’t include in this thread because I wanted to save them for another thread that would solely focus on Animal Man’s tier.

Antagon destroys Animal Masters and their dream of reality(Animal Man #50) on panel.

Animal Man along with a few others who’ve just newly become Animal Masters release themselves into the Space Beyond All Knowing and take root there.(Animal Man #50)

Together they then bring forth the dream of the universe from the space beyond all knowing.(Animal Man #50)

More evidence that Buddy did indeed bring forth the Universe from the template of thought that is the space beyond all knowing.(Animal Man #50)

Everywhere in the space of the dream worlds(planets) come to be without effort.(Animal Man #50)

Further confirmation that Buddy and the other Animal Masters were legitimately dreaming reality back into existence from and within the Space Beyond All Knowing.(Animal Man #50)
@LuciferDC099 @Confluctor @Firestorm808 @Eficiente

What do you think?

Ok, they dreamed the universe into existence while being everywhere and nowhere in the universe while simply being there like normal in the Space Beyond All Knowing, I agree with Low 1-C.
@LuciferDC099 @Confluctor @Firestorm808

What do you think about this?

Thank you for the reply. It is probably fine to apply then.

Okay. Please write it down in a single post, so I can ask for evaluations.

Okay. Please write it down in a single post, so I can ask for evaluations.
Multiverse = 2-A (The universe is constantly splitting into new branches with there being any number of alternative universes and countless variations of Animal Man stretching in all directions towards infinity.)

Space Beyond all knowing = Low 1-C (It’s the space of the dream where thought becomes the template and where the Animal Masters exist bringing forth our reality by dreaming it into existence.)

Hierarchy of Universes = 2-C to High 1-B (A interconnected and recursive system of wholes(universes) made up smaller and smaller wholes each seeing each other as a dream and spiraling down until our world is like a cell in the Body of God which represents the entire system.)

Lifeweb = Low 1-A (A timeless sea beyond the universe hierarchy containing mirrors in which the higher dimensions of the cosmology are treated as just a reflection.)

Peak of the Web = low 1-A (The greater part of the web that is continuously stretching beyond the level of timeless sea and all previous levels, all the way into infinity. With more fundamental conceptual levels of existence that sit outside of time and space residing at the top.)

Worlds Soul = 1-A (Conceptually encompasses the whole universe/Lifeweb as the big idea and surpasses it as the whole amongst wholes, functioning as a higher level of consciousness that represents the unification of all ideas and all individual souls in creation.

Worlds Beyond = 1-A (Exist beyond the entirety of the Lifeweb and are even greater in size than the World Soul, with creation being seen as a vortex or pattern of life forming in its eternal sea of consciousness.)

Comic Book Limbo = High 1-A (Represents the Implicate Order and trivializes all ideal worlds imaginable to the point where they’re just attempts at trying to describe Limbo’s infinite possibility. Treating everything Buddy has ever known, that is, was, and shall be, as only a hallucination, with not even the authors who reside in Limbo looking down at what goes on in the great light/page as a story, being considered real. The beings that exist here also stand absolutely outside of the narratives and stories that define existence with characters who exist within the story being considered just memories of old fashioned characters.)

Last edited:
Also some people suggested 1-A+ for the peak of the Lifeweb. This comes from the idea that if the Lifeweb stretches to encompass the universe hierarchy and then also stretches to encompasses the timeless sea. One could assume that if the Lifeweb kept stretching beyond these levels all the way into infinity, that each stretch would trivialize the last similarly to how the timeless sea trivializes the universe hierarchy. However I wasn’t really sure about this so I just went with the safer option.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. That does not seem at all like what you suggested and what was accepted here above by our knowledgeable members. Didn't you just suggest a 1-C tier previously or somesuch? High 1-A does not fit at all with our upcoming DC Comics cosmology revision.

Wait a minute. That does not seem at all like what you suggested and what was accepted here above by our knowledgeable members. Didn't you just suggest a 1-C tier previously or somesuch?
Well like Confluctor said, the low 1-C rating was just for the space beyond all knowing.

High 1-A does not fit at all with our upcoming DC Comics cosmology revision.
As far as I’m aware, that cosmology revision doesn’t reference any major stuff from Animal Man.

Hmm. I will ask our DC Comics experts for input again.
Multiverse = 2-A (The universe is constantly splitting into new branches with there being any number of alternative universes and countless variations of Animal Man stretching in all directions towards infinity.)

Space Beyond all knowing = Low 1-C (It’s the space of the dream where thought becomes the template and where the Animal Masters exist bringing forth our reality by dreaming it into existence.)

Hierarchy of Universes = 2-C to High 1-B (The Universe being an interconnected and recursive system of wholes(universes) made up smaller and smaller wholes each seeing each other as a dream and spiraling down until our world is like a cell in the Body of God.)

Lifeweb = Low 1-A (A timeless sea beyond the universe hierarchy containing mirrors in which the higher dimensions of the cosmology are treated as just a reflection.)

Peak of the Web = low 1-A (The greater part of the web that is continuously stretching beyond the level of timeless sea and all previous levels, all the way into infinity. With more fundamental conceptual levels of existence that sit outside of time and space residing at the top.)

Worlds Soul = 1-A (Conceptually embodies the entire Lifeweb as the big idea and surpasses it as the whole amongst wholes, functioning as a unification of all individual souls in creation who see the world around themselves as just a part of the Soul.)

Worlds Beyond = 1-A (Exist beyond the entirety of the Lifeweb and are even greater in size than the entirety of the World Soul, with creation being seen as a vortex or pattern life forming in its eternal sea of consciousness.)

Comic Book Limbo = High 1-A (Represents the Implicate Order and trivializes all ideal worlds imaginable to the point where they’re just attempts at trying to describe Limbo’s infinite possibility. Treating everything Buddy has ever known, that is, was, and shall be, existing as only a hallucination. With not even the authors who reside in Limbo looking down at what goes on in the great light/page as a story, being considered real. The beings that exist here also stand absolutely outside of the narratives and stories that define existence with characters who exist within the story being considered just memories of old fashioned characters.)
Also some people suggested 1-A+ for the peak of the Lifeweb. This comes from the idea that if the Lifeweb stretches to encompass the universe hierarchy and then also stretches to encompasses the timeless sea. One could assume that if the Lifeweb kept stretching beyond these levels all the way into infinity, that each stretch would trivialize the last similarly to how the timeless sea trivializes the universe hierarchy. However I wasn’t really sure about this so I just went with the safer option.
Wait a minute. That does not seem at all like what you suggested and what was accepted here above by our knowledgeable members. Didn't you just suggest a 1-C tier previously or somesuch? High 1-A does not fit at all with our upcoming DC Comics cosmology revision.
Well like Confluctor said, the low 1-C rating was just for the space beyond all knowing.

As far as I’m aware, that cosmology revision doesn’t reference any major stuff from Animal Man.
@Deagonx @LuciferDC099 @Elizio33 @Sandman31 @Eficiente @Firestorm808 @Kerfuffles2 @Planck69

What do you think about this?

I know I said I am not interested and I really am not - but just wanted to say one thing; since this doesn't really seem to rely on cosmologies of other writers, I don't see any issues with it, and don't see exactly how the split would affect this rating at the end anyway.

Just to add on to what Confluctor said. All of this information is mainly from Grant Morrison and those who collaborated on his cosmology to finish the Animal Man run. None of this information comes from other writer cosmologies like Snyder and Tynion, Dematteis or Neil, so the split definitely won’t affect the ratings.

Okay. Thank you for the information. We still need to wait for input from some of our most knowledgeable members though.

Sorry but I’m a little confused. You want people who are knowledgeable on DC to properly evaluate the tiers I proposed right? So, how are they supposed to do that when none of them specialize in tiers? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have people who are actually knowledgeable on tiers provide their assistance?

Sorry me for saying this suddenly, but the Animal Man profile at least from what was accepted can be upgraded to a Low 1-C key, right? At least for now.

Sorry me for saying this suddenly, but the Animal Man profile at least from what was accepted can be upgraded to a Low 1-C key, right? At least for now.
Essentially yes. His wall level needs to be removed and changed to “varies from 9-A+ up to low 1-C at peak.” However I was gonna save that for another thread.

He’s also supposed to have a second key that scales to the World Soul but we’re still evaluating the tier for that.

Essentially yes. His wall level needs to be removed and changed to “varies from 9-A+ up to low 1-C at peak.” However I was gonna save that for another thread.

He’s also supposed to have a second key that scales to the World Soul but we’re still evaluating the tier for that.
I mean, for now it's really necessary to change the tier on the profile. My man Buddy had like 4 RT to change his tier before and still continues on wall level. If the upgrade happens still today it will be very good.

And if the World Soul is aproved a lot of things change. The Grant Cosmology will be vastly upgraded to potentially a Tier 0 Overvoid.

I mean, for now it's really necessary to change the tier on the profile. My man Buddy had like 4 RT to change his tier before and still continues on wall level. If the upgrade happens still today it will be very good.

And if the World Soul is aproved a lot of things change. The Grant Cosmology will be vastly upgraded to potentially a Tier 0 Overvoid.
Yeah, I agree the profile needs to be changed urgently. I just wanted to wait for this thread to finish first so all the changes that need to be made to Buddy’s tier could be done in one thread. However if you want to change it now that is fine as well.

Yeah, I agree the profile needs to be changed urgently. I just wanted to wait for this thread to finish first so all the changes that need to be made to Buddy’s tier could be done in one thread. However if you want to change it now that is fine as well.
Yeah I mean, I would want to change the tier now because of how long it's been to change it. Like, years of CRT to don't go anywhere and yours is the farest and most organized of them.

But I can do it if you want, I just need the justification for the rating to apply it in Animal Man's page.

Yeah I mean, I would want to change the tier now because of how long it's been to change it. Like, years of CRT to don't go anywhere and yours is the farest and most organized of them.

But I can do it if you want, I just need the justification for the rating to apply it in Animal Man's page.
Alright then. Here's the full justification for the rating.

Change Buddy's tier from wall level to “varies from at least 7-C up to low 1-C at peak.” 7-C justification is due to Buddy tanking an explosion of energy from Antagon(Animal Man #47) with very minimal damage.(Animal Man #48) Antagon is a being whose said to be capable of destroying the universe in 7 days(Animal Man #48) and is called a threat not even Superman can handle.(Animal Man #50) With his casual attacks/blast of energy shown(Animal Man #50) to be capable of decimating an entire town.(Animal Man #50) The Low 1-C justification is because of Buddy becoming an Animal Master and taking root in the Space Beyond All Knowing so he could recreate our native universe by dreaming it into existence.

Here’s the full context from Animal Man #50.

Together they then bring forth the dream of the universe from the Space Beyond All Knowing, existing everywhere and nowhere in the space of their own mind.(Animal Man #50)

Last edited:
Alright then. Here's the full justification for the rating.

Changing Buddy's tier from wall level to “varies from at least 7-C up to low 1-C at peak.” 7-C justification is due to Buddy tanking an explosion of energy from Antagon(Animal Man #47) with very minimal damage.(Animal Man #48) Antagon is a being whose said to be capable of destroying the universe in 7 days(Animal Man #48) and is called a threat not even Superman can handle.(Animal Man #50) With his casual attacks/blast of energy shown(Animal Man #50) to be capable of decimating an entire town.(Animal Man #50) The Low 1-C justification is because of Buddy becoming an Animal Master and taking root in the Space Beyond All Knowing so he could recreate our native universe by dreaming it into existence.

Here’s the full context from Animal Man #50.

Together they then bring forth the dream of the universe from the Space Beyond All Knowing, existing everywhere and nowhere in the space of their own mind.(Animal Man #50)

Did it. What do you think? Needs to change something or for now it's okay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back