• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS separate manga profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Is it possible to have a separate profile for DBS? It's basically like a flashpoint parallel universe, where it's kinda like the main anime, but there's a lot of differences (clearly). It's also IIRC the only somewhat canon DB material that we don't have any references to. There's profiles for DB, DBZ, and the non-canon events/movies, but nothing for the DBS manga. And yes I know it would have to be after the tournament if accepted.

See the problem is non canon DBZ Anime/Movie characters have much higher feats then canon DBZ. Supers Manga power is not to far of in power compared to the anime version.

The only real differences are what moves the characters have and some power differences like Hit being much weaker, Goku's Full Powers SSB form.

I have no real problem with Manga profiles but I don't think their really necessary in my opinion.

I have no problem with the manga profiles, but they aren't necesary at all; manga characters still scale to DB and DBZ manga feats, most likely both DBZ movies (last ones). The only changes would be the adition and removing of transformations and technics, scaling would be more easy now without the issue of SBG nor filler.

Also, @LordGriffin, the manga is canon, its only secundary canon cuz promotional.

People just want to say "GOD" Goku wins by hax! Seriously, manga Merged Zamasu is more powerful than anime canon. Why? We know Zen'o is gonna kill him in the same way or better. Goku has the button in the manga too.

Antoniofer said:
I have no problem with the manga profiles, but they aren't necesary at all; manga characters still scale to DB and DBZ manga feats, most likely both DBZ movies (last ones). The only changes would be the adition and removing of transformations and technics, scaling would be more easy now without the issue of SBG nor filler.

Also, @LordGriffin, the manga is canon, its only secundary canon cuz promotional.
I only said that for DBZ not for Super, sorry for the misunderstanding I should have separated that part.

Promestein said:
the only reason people would want separate profiles for them is so they can have their Goku with existence erasure.
No one cared for a separate manga profile for Vegeta when he couldn't lift 1000 tons. ovo

But in all seriousness I'm pretty neutral to this. I don't see much point or harm in it.

Isn't this an Index wiki? Why not add the powers with a different Key and specify "only shown in manga."

Huh, other thing, since there's no planet Vegeta flashback in manga, Frieza would be 5-A in there and people that scale from it; doesn't matter much since almost every new introduced character ther is above or around Cell level.

"The only notable variations would be Merged Zamasu and Goku, tho thats a bit of a stretch."

By "variations", you mean "difference in power", right?

Because Hit is a lot weaker in the manga than he is in the anime (IIRC he gets stomped or at least defeated by SSJG Goku).

I meant ability / transformation wise, actually.

Infinite Zamasu is just a bunch of Zamasus for example in the manga.

SomebodyData said:
@Ever that too
BTW the universe didn't shake, but the shock waves managed to get to the other world and elder kai mentions the universe is in jeopardy. but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant 3-A.

Link: http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Dragon_Ball_Super_4_11
Every time I try to click on a page in your link a hentai tab pops up (and I have adblock)

Would expect nothing less from ypu -_-

Promestein said:
There's no reason to have manga profiles. They're mostly similar and the only reason people would want separate profiles for them is so they can have their Goku with existence erasure.
Lol I've wanted to have profiles way before, since the manga came out faster than Super (I wasn't a member at the time)

Entirely different transformations, battle scenes, scaling, abilities, storyline/information, etc.

Also @ above I run two adblockers and no hentai tabs lmao

lol but yeah, I doubt its 3-A, 3-B at best, although I doubt it everything considered.

Well after that feat he did say he had a feeling his SSG power didn't even scratch the surface before releasing a KHH that dissipated Beerus's Sphere of Destruction, the same one he uses in the manga against Champa when they were both using the same attack that would've destroyed the universe.

I agree with Promestein and The Everlasting. The DBS manga is too similar to the anime to warrant separate entries.

I also agree with Promestein, Everlasting and Antvasima. They are too similar and the only reason people are requesting it is to give Goku Hakai.

The DBS manga is the only part of AT's work that isn't represented on this wiki for the DB series. If not separate profiles, then a manga key. That way it covers everything and everyone, instead of giving one character special treatment for fan service.

It seems extremely redundant though. A composite profile for Goku alone might be an idea, but several profiles for a spinoff that is a variant of the same story is not acceptable. We should probably close this thread.

And if I want to make a battle thread about manga Goku vs some else? I can't because there is no page. Correct?

AppleLord said:
And if I want to make a battle thread about manga Goku vs some else? I can't because there is no page. Correct?
Correct

There really is no difference between Anime Goku and Manga Goku except for manga Goku has Full Power SSB and Hakai while anime Goku has SSBKaioken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back