• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calc was already evaluated and accepted, you can't just dump it becouse you don't feel like it.

Otherwise, we would have to downgrade DBS Anime too......

So there aren't much options to pick.

Accept it or downgrade DBS Anime.

Pick one
Just because the math behind the travel speed of the shockwaves is right doesn't mean people can't argue against the scenario.

It's created from their own powers clashing. The shockwave that was created was travelling without a medium which does not obey how shockwaves work. It was created through their own energy. That shockwave was also not destroying anything while it was propagating despite having universal attack potency. This leads me to believe that it wasn't just a byproduct of two universal powers clashing, furthermore, this shockwave thing is not consistent despite beyond universal characters clashing later on. The only time this happens again is when Goku and moro clash.

It's created from their own powers clashing. The shockwave that was created was travelling without a medium which does not obey how shockwaves work.

Fiction showing shockwaves not working as we'd expect in reality... Sounds about right.

Being created by their fists/energy clashing doesn't mean the characters themselves are that fast.

That shockwave was also not destroying anything while it was propagating despite having universal attack potency.

That could easily be PIS.

This leads me to believe that it wasn't just a byproduct of two universal powers clashing, furthermore, this shockwave thing is not consistent despite beyond universal characters clashing later on. The only time this happens again is when Goku and moro clash.

Or it's just more inconsistency.

Also Kiai is explicitly a Ki technique, no? Can Dragon Ball characters not just punch each other and the force of it make a shockwave without the shockwave being specifically a ki technique...?

This argument "they scale to shockwaves" is inherently deceitful because you're not specifying that they scale to ki shockwaves. Something just having a lot of force behind it can create a shockwave without necessarily having to go at the speed of said shockwave. The shockwave could be fast and the thing making it could be fast, but the speeds don't necessarily have to be the same, no?

It's created from their own powers clashing. The shockwave that was created was travelling without a medium which does not obey how shockwaves work. It was created through their own energy.
Or it's just fiction being fiction. Why would Goku and Beerus be sending out Kiai shockwaves with their punches? Ki users enhance themselves physically but they don't intentionally send out shockwaves around them with every attack.
That shockwave was also not destroying anything while it was propagating despite having universal attack potency.
I mean, it was shaking things which was threatening to destroy them.
This leads me to believe that it wasn't just a byproduct of two universal powers clashing, furthermore, this shockwave thing is not consistent despite beyond universal characters clashing later on. The only time this happens again is when Goku and moro clash.
the only time this happens again is when Goku and Moro clash
So this just proves it's an inconsistent thing, solely done to be cool or showcase powerlevels like in Beerus and Goku's case. Because dozens of clashes of beyond universal characters happened before this and there was no shockwave. This doesn't really prove any point as to speed scaling though.

I always found it flimsy at best tbh, plus I actually thought it was already rejected since we scale the anime from the energy ball's potential explosion anyway, and the fact that Chou was not immediately scaled from the shockwaves (even after a few years)

Hm, dammit. I'm not sure anymore. Does anybody else have an argument for why they should scale?
The only other potential argument I could come up with (trust me, I tried) was the possibility of an object moving fast enough to make a shockwave but that's not what it is. It's 2 objects colliding and the impact creating a shockwave, so while the fists were likely moving quickly there's no way to scale them to the shockwave So, sadly, I don't think this one passes.

Alright thanks.
I will calculate what I can and try to get stuff applied. I refuse to let dragon ball remain at 1080 c.

Also, Gas new feat is MFTL+, and has been calculated already.
there's also Piccolo's MFTL+ feat which was accepted, and has a CRT on it, but it died down because no one gave a shit

They throw a punch at each other, and the force of their fists colliding results in a mighty shock wave. They did not throw a punch at each other, then expel their Ki in order to produce ultra-powerful Kiai to attempt to telekinetically repel each other like Anakin and Obi-Wan or something.
My only issue with this is that Goku is not this strong without the use of ki, as the physical body has limits. Therefore the creation of the shockwaves is due to the body being amplified by ki. Whether or not the effect happened before or after does not matter when the feat could not be done if ki was removed from the equation.

Yeah, I'm disagreeing with this upgrade now. I don't really see why they should scale to the shockwaves. It's a side-effect of their fists clashing together; it happens simply because their power is enough to destroy the universe, not because they're creating them intentionally. I don't see why they should scale to something they created involuntarily.

Edit: Oh wait Null ninja'd me long before I said this LMAO

Last edited:
I read through, and you notice how their wrapped in a ki aura? the shockwaves might not have posed a risk to them at all, as it's the force of their auras colliding, as well as physical strength, rather than

"Because A happened at point X, A must also have happened at point Y"

My only issue with this is that Goku is not this strong without the use of ki, as the physical body has limits. Therefore the creation of the shockwaves is due to the body being amplified by ki. Whether or not the effect happened before or after does not matter when the feat could not be done if ki was removed from the equation.
...what in the world? Amping yourself physically with power = you scale to the speed of a shockwave that you and someone else's fists clashing created? Because you both do that? That is just flat out random.

This isn't a response
This is a false analogy. That is not the same as punching so hard to create a shockwave of energy that can travel in the vacuum of space without a medium at beyond light speeds.
The medium in which a wave can travel has nothing to do with the situation at hand.
They are a result of their energy
Um, yes, that's what a shockwave is. It's a release of energy. However, That does not mean that a character scales to the speed of a shockwave in a fictional setting unless it's stated/heavily hinted at or shown visibly.
The Calc was already evaluated and accepted, you can't just dump it becouse you don't feel like it.
This would be like saying demonbane is still tier 0 because it was previously "evaluated and accepted". Likewise, things can be re-evaluated and denied.
Even without the shock waves, though, they would scale higher, regardless, since Beerus reacted to and nullified an even faster explosion of light later.
Can I see a clip of Beerus doing this?

So since two most notable speed feats involve either reacting to a space ship or stating that "flying is faster", why don't we gather every space ship feat to decide a minimum speed and scale the characters that reacted to them or surpassed them ? That would also help in future feats

Even without the shock waves, though, they would scale higher, regardless, since Beerus reacted to and nullified an even faster explosion of light later.
So wait, why would we downgrade the anime if Beerus reacted to an ever faster explosion down the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back