• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, why would those two scale to these shockwaves? If they were willingly and intentionally creating these shockwaves using their powers, then they would have a reason; but, these shockwaves were a result of them clashing fists. They had little to do with the creation of them — the shockwaves were created because of how dangerous smashing two, transcendental powers are.

Considering in many threads it's already been established that these characters scale to their shockwaves, ki blast, and explosions I don't see why this would be any different

Again, why would those two scale to these shockwaves? If they were willingly and intentionally creating these shockwaves using their powers, then they would have a reason; but, these shockwaves were a result of them clashing fists. They had little to do with the creation of them — the shockwaves were created because of how dangerous smashing two, transcendental powers are.
Because these shockwaves were created by their own power. Ki users can create shockwaves already and they scale to them.

Past threads can be wrong.
Meh correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they in fact happening because they weren't matching in power which caused the collateral damage and threatened to destroy the universe it's literally from them punching and making the shockwaves so that should be evidence for them scaling in fact since they can control whether or not they want to do this which they obviously don't

Ki users unleash powerful gusts of wind by traveling faster than the speed of sound. This is nothing like that.
No they don't. They release ki by doing kiai which is a burst of ki. they can do this via ki. They can also dodge their own shockwaves.
PmVL0i.gif

The scan you sent explicitly stated within the atmosphere the shockwave we see literally travels throughout the entire universe and is felt in the kaio-shin realm besides it's because Goku had not raised his Ki to beerus's level in the first two clashes and attacked with less power that they were produced. And again that's within atmosphere in the scan you sent

More scans of shockwaves and kaia is super should definitely be put into this thread to see the consistency of it's portrayal in the super manga since I went back and read the chapter where this happens and it's quite different from the anime the clash is faster but yes it's not noted to do anything with their power or ki like in the anime 👀so I may have been equivalating them

Ah the Goku and Moro shockwave would probably be a good place to start

Edit: it could scale considering this shockwave in question from BoG is when Goku was warming up with the God form when he performed the shockwave feat with meaning he hadn't been full used to it or feeling it yet when it was done.

This is versus a stronger Goku in chapter 61 whose using UI and creates a shockwave that only affects the earth not once but two times if you take the one from chapter 62 as well so it seems there's definitely some level of control there. We know AoE can be controlled in dragon ball

If there was no ki control involved then stronger impacts from Earth should've yielded similar results but didn't even come close to the AoE of an inexperienced God Goku 's clash

Last edited:
Considering in many threads it's already been established that these characters scale to their shockwaves
Established where? And previously "established" reasoning can be wrong (as this evidently is).
I don't see why this would be any different
Because they don't scale to the speed of their shockwaves. It's never been proven that they have. Saying that "DBS characters scale to ki blasts and explosions which are produced by ki therefore they scale to their shockwaves in this one instance which are also produced by ki" is a non-sequitur, and implies that every shockwave produced within the franchise is a product of kaia

Established where? And previously "established" reasoning can be wrong (as this evidently is).

Because they don't scale to the speed of their shockwaves. It's never been proven that they have. Saying that "DBS characters scale to ki blasts and explosions which are produced by ki therefore they scale to their shockwaves in this one instance which are also produced by ki" is a non-sequitur, and implies that every shockwave produced within the franchise is a product of kaia
Read
More scans of shockwaves and kaia is super should definitely be put into this thread to see the consistency of it's portrayal in the super manga since I went back and read the chapter where this happens and it's quite different from the anime the clash is faster but yes it's not noted to do anything with their power or ki like in the anime 👀so I may have been equivalating them
Pretty sure I said I made an equivalence between manga and anime

I can snap and create a sound. Am I Supersonic, now?
This is a false analogy. That is not the same as punching so hard to create a shockwave of energy that can travel in the vacuum of space without a medium at beyond light speeds.
They are not sending anything anywhere. These shock waves are independent from Goku and Beerus, and they travel throughout the universe on their own volition.
They are a result of their energy. That wouldn't mean they don't scale just because they aren't sending them anywhere.

Last edited:
The Calc was already evaluated and accepted, you can't just dump it becouse you don't feel like it.

Otherwise, we would have to downgrade DBS Anime too......

So there aren't much options to pick.

Accept it or downgrade DBS Anime.

Pick one

The Calc was already evaluated and accepted, you can't just dump it becouse you don't feel like it.

Otherwise, we would have to downgrade DBS Anime too......

So there aren't much options to pick.

Nah anime still makes much more of a note about the clash and the ki's of Goku and Beerus that said this is still something you can't look past
Ah the Goku and Moro shockwave would probably be a good place to start

Edit: it could scale considering this shockwave in question from BoG is when Goku was warming up with the God form when he performed the shockwave feat with meaning he hadn't been full used to it or feeling it yet when it was done.

This is versus a stronger Goku in chapter 61 whose using UI and creates a shockwave that only affects the earth not once but two times if you take the one from chapter 62 as well so it seems there's definitely some level of control there. We know AoE can be controlled in dragon ball

If there was no ki control involved then stronger impacts from Earth should've yielded similar results but didn't even come close to the AoE of an inexperienced God Goku 's clash

If there's no control over these such shockwaves when universal powers clash then they'd definitely make note of that and express the same level of destruction being present from this when we see it doesn't come close to that scale from a more experienced Goku

Downgrade the anime. Why are there even two options? If the anime iterations of Goku and Beerus scale to the speed of the shock waves based off of the same, faulty logic, then stop scaling them that way.

Even without the shock waves, though, they would scale higher, regardless, since Beerus reacted to and nullified an even faster explosion of light later.

Downgrade the anime. Why is that even a question? If the anime iterations of Goku and Beerus scale to the speed of the shock waves based off of the same, faulty logic, then stop scaling them that way.

Even without the shock waves, though, they would scale higher, regardless, since Beerus reacted to and nullified an even faster explosion of light later.

Ok then, if it's so wrong why we were using that feat to scale DBS characters speed through all this years then?.

Ok then, if it's so wrong why we were using that feat to scale DBS characters speed through all this years then?.
Appeal to tradition, you need an actual reason for why they should scale to the speed of the shockwaves and not just "oh, well, we've been doing it for years, why downgrade them now??"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back