• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Manga Chapter 67 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Here we are with the monthly DBS manga updates!
For those who didn't read the chapter, it can be found here

First the minor stuff.

Names:

It is revealed that Jaco's surname is Teirimentenpibosshi, this could be added or not to Jaco's page (in the name section) depending if we want to consider it valid for Jaco in general.
Merus also received a surname, Ikanoichiyabosshi.
Same thing for Vegeta, he is called Vegeta IV and it should be added to Vegeta (Chou) and maybe to the other profiles depending on what we decide to do.
Edit: Since this is also confirmed by DBS: Broly, the name applies to every Vegeta.

Merus:
Speaking of Merus, he is now mortal and with some relevant changes, that will be put in a new key.
We unfortunately don't know yet the extension of his power and his abilities, but he shouldn't be weaker than Jaco, so an "At least 5-C" should be fine for now.
Given that he lost his angel powers, the new key will feature only Superhuman, Acrobatics, Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery, because I'm fairly sure he didn't lose those capabilities.

Grand Priest (Heroes):
Heroes apparently includes even the manga, but the only additions will be some further explanations for powers he already has:

• Existence Erasure: Erased Merus after he broke the angel laws
  • Resurrection: Resurrected Merus
  • Transmutation: Turned Merus into a mortal after resurrecting him
  • Immortality type 1: The GP states that "Merus now has a lifespan" meaning that he didn't have it before, therefore he couldn't die of old age. This applies to Angel Merus and the Grand Priest

I also want to address that I have no idea what is the original reason for Transmutation, it should be nice to add it.

Seven-Three:
It survived as a small piece of whatever material it is made of and reconnected with its head, so it should get Immortality type 2
It could be argued about regeneration, but it is probably due to the liquid inside of which it was immersed
We saw that destroying the gem on its head instantly kills it, so it should be added as a weakness.

Dai Kaioshin (Chou)
This bothered me since some time. His profile should feature the fact that he now lives inside Bu, therefore he should receive a tabber with all of Majin Buu's abilities plus Multiple Personalities and Transformation, the latter given because they can switch between one and the other.
It's important to keep the abilities in two separated tabbers, because they didn't demonstrate to share anything aside the resistance to Moro's magic.

Alternatively I could make a separate profile for Majin Buu (Chou), taking in account the fact that he can switch with the Dai Kaio, and it would make the other profile less confusing. I think that, given the second personality, the body switch and the tier, this other version would be enough different from original Buu.

Last edited:
I agree with everything above but...

All for Dai (Chou)? Including absorption?

Yes, because it's always Buu's body, but they don't share any ability aside from the resistance to Magic.
They basically become two different people in both mind and body, but they are still the same.
It's weird because this is more suited for a Buu Chou profile, so we might create it instead, since the Dai Kaioshin had a past a single individual.

Really not sure about the 'transmutation' thing, he pretty much changed Merus's race and took away all his powers related to it, possibly including MUI, not sure if transmutation really cover an ability like that.

It can be transmutation, biological manipulation or else with some power nullification in the middle.
It's more like a way to give a definition to resurrecting a person as something different than before.
Transmutation covers even turning a chicken into a dragon, with all the related powers, so I think it might suit the case.
Biological also works anyway, since he changed Merus' race, and the powers were related to it.

I also added Immortality type 1 for the GP and Angel Merus, since the GP implied that angels don't have a lifespan, which suits the definition of type 1.

Yeah, I don't think we have a specific power for changing a being's race. It's not a particularly common ability. It could be possible to just add an entire section saying "Can alter a being's race including their natural-born abilities", with a link to a scan of him saying that he turned Merus into a mortal. It's sort of a mix of transmutation (as the Angel immortality is blatantly due to their physiology which GP would have to be altering) and power nullification (things like hax aren't necessarily apart of their physiology, so they don't count as a physical change, which differentiates it from transmutation).

Also, it was already obvious that Angel's don't have a lifespan, we just didn't have concrete evidence. Now we do. I don't think anyone will really argue against it. Although type 5 kind of covers that anyways, since they could only be killed via EE.

Yeah. Dragon Ball also seems to like type 2 immortality quite a bit. Frieza, Cell, Cooler, and probably more I'm forgetting about. Funny since it's not a very commonly used type of immortality.

That's not what's happening here. He isn't changing any specific abilities Merus has. He's changing his race, and removing his abilities.

@Rinnetachi

Different types of immortality often overlap with each other, so I think it can stay without problems.
The GP thing can be worded this way "Turned Merus into a mortal, removing his angel physiology and powers"

@Everything It's not quite Power Modification, because the GP straight up removed all of his powers by turning him into, he didn't change them.
That's why for the moment Merus' mortal key will have only non-supernatural capabilities.

I mean, he didn't remove his ki abilities but they still changed.
We actually don't know, I'm sure we will see Merus again, but for the time being we can't assume he still has ki abilities, that's why I didn't list them in his new key.
It's entirely possible that Merus has to learn how to use ki again, just like all other mortals.

And what do you think of the Dai Kaio? It's the thing that most bothers me.
Should I add a tabber and a picture to integrate Buu in his page, or I should just make a Majin Buu (Chou) profile?

Wait, if he ressurected (also EE negating ressurection) Merus as a mortal, what if he just made a new mortal body for Merus and "placed" him into it, which is pretty much how ressurection works? Would the specific wording of "ressurected" effect this feat?

EE doesn't necessarily negates resurrection, it depends on how both abilities work in-verse and other factors.
Anyway, the GP basically recreated him from nothing (including his soul), it's a particularly effective form of resurrection.
Personally I would word it this way "Resurrection (Angels can bring the deads back to life. Restored Merus' body and soul after having erased him from existence)

I'm just mentioning that the type of resurrection here negated his EE. Although that was already a thing in Dragon Ball with the top tier EE being negated by Super Shenron. Although Super Shenron's capabilities are considered limitless by the DB characters so meh.

Yeah, I get that. He brought him back to life from non-existence.

Yes, although he specifically said "resurrected him as a mortal". Which very likely means that Merus was a mortal since the moment he got resurrected, rather than getting brought back as an Angel, then his race being changed afterwards. If he brought him back literally as a mortal, technically he wouldn't be removing anything, as he would just be "creating a mortal" that has the same thoughts, memories, and appearance of the original counterpart.

Well, EE negates resurrection because it erases souls, which are fundamental in the DB verse, and Super Shenron is just omnipotent within the verse.
I also think that the GP just recreated Merus as a mortal and not as an angel, but I think that the race-change is part of the process of resurrection itself and happens at the same time.
Something like he brings you back to life but in the meanwhile he changes what you are, it's more advanced than simply resurrecting someone.
Power nullification can be accounted because some haxes etc... may not be strictly related to the angel physiology.

I agree with all except the following:

Meerus:

Immortality (Type 5) makes no sense because this chapter explains it all. GP has control of the law and order of all Angels. If they break the rules, then he erases them from existence. Unless you think GoDs can erase an angel.

Proposal:

Remove: Longevity

Add and rewrite: Immortality (Type 1 and 5; Angels don't have a life span. Only the Grand Priest can erase them from existence if they break the Angel's Law)

Grand Priest (Dragon Ball Heroes):

Grand Priest from Dragon Ball Heroes is unbound by the Angel's Law, which Type 5 doesn't apply to him. Also, Grand Priest from the Manga brought back Meerus even though he broke the rules. In other words, this means that Grand Priest can do whatever he wants, even going against the rules he made.

Since this profile is composite, then it should be added more reasoning to it and not rewrite what it has on its profile.

Resurrection needs reasoning.

Proposal:

Remove: Longevity

New Reasoning: Resurrection (brought back Meerus after temporarily erasing him from existence)

More Reasoning: Power Nullification (Nullified the fighters' capacity to fly and remove Meerus "God" status as an Angel and powers which left him as a mortal)

Add: Immortality (Type 1; Angels don't have a life span)

Remove: Immortality (Type 5) for the reasoning that I mentioned above.

Remove: Immortality (Type 5) for the reasoning that I mentioned above.
How does you reasoning explain that we should remove type 5 immortality? Nothing in it or this chapter change the direct statement by Whis and Goku that angels can't die and can only be erased.

Bump + Summary

Apparently almost everything has been accepted, with some doubts about the Grand Priest that I would solve in this way:
"Turned Merus into a mortal, removing his angel physiology and powers"

Also, regarding the Dai Kaio I have some options:

1) Adding a "Merged with Bu" key, in which he basically gains the relative stats and a tabber (with sub-tabber) in the powers section to outline that he can switch between Buu's body to his own body, where the only powers shared are resistance to magic, multiple personality and transformation.

2) Creating an entire new, separate profile for Majin Buu (Chou) in which I insert what would instead be in Dai Kaio's new key

3) Reformatting the existing Dai Kaio's profile to be a Majin Buu (Chou) one

I have an issue with 73 weakeness. Original 73 survived by regenerating from a bean size organ.

So i dont believe destroying the crystal on the forehead kills them or else 73 would be dead.

The problem is that all the other copies of 73 instantly died when the gem was broken, and it was a weak spot even for Moro.
73 survived as a small piece, but the gem might still be a necessary nucleus or something, and it was still intact when it reunited with its head (it's under the flesh, but you can see it's not broken).

It's possible that only the copies will die when the crystal is damaged, and that it doesn't apply to the original. Of course, we should probably assume it as a weakness 73 has for the time being, and we don't know whether or not the crystal was damaged, as, while only a portion of it was visible, what we do see implies that a lot of it was just hidden from sight, but there's nothing suggesting that the crystal wasn't intact.

It's kind of up in the air right now, but I'd go with just assuming that the crystal weakness used on the clones also applies to the actual 73.

The problem is that we don't see the crystal being cracked, when usually it is depicted as such when broken, just like what Merus and the new guy did.

And 73 is basically the same as the others, it's not the original one, it only has more abilities stolen from the fighters, but they are all the same type of mass-produced android.
The aliens also said that, after copying 73's data in all the others, they have equivalent capabilities.
And it is arguable that Moro having the same weakness in both his forms is a hint to that.

The crystal on 73 was 100% damaged without a doubt. Half of it was missing for God's sake.

There only option that makes sense is they get knocked out or ***** inconsistent as ****.

It would be more inconsistent to not consider it a weakness, given that several androids that are 100% identical to 73 get knocked out or straight up die if the gem is broken.
73 also isn't physically different from the others, it is just one of many that was stolen and managed to obtain special data.
And Moro too had to preserve the gem, since the first time he had his powers blocked, and the second he literally died when Goku shattered it.

And there's still the doubt of 73's gem to be totally broken, it is partially covered by that chunk of flesh and it doesn't display any crack, which usually are drawn by Toyotaro when he wants to show the gem being broken, in this chapter as well as all the previous.

Bump?

Are we fine with everything? I think the biggest things have been accepted, I.E Grand Priest's wording and Buu Chou's profile

Heroes doesn't include the manga (a random promo Goku card having the Hakai doesn't count) so manga-only additions shouldn't apply to that Great Priest. That's why he's unbound by the Angel Law - the Angel Law hasn't been suggested to exist in Heroes in the first place.

I believe his Transmutation ability is inherited from Whis, though I don't know what his justification is.

I'm not qualified to talk about the other additions, but from my limited knowledge they look fine.

Heroes' characters already include stuff from the manga in their profiles, I don't know the reason because I'm not an familiar with it, but I guess that this needs a separate CRT.

Anyway, I can still apply all the other things later today, while the question gets solved (if nobody has objections)

heroes Grand priest already has tons of stuff from the manga so no issue here .
so i guess applying the changes is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back