• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Goku NPI addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did fuse with the universe though didn't he? He had fused with the universe and was spreading through the entire timeline and possibly even other timelines. It's what his rating is based on, so I think he was entirely non-corporeal.

The real cal howard said:
Vegeta wasn't capable of so much at touching the ghost from the Arale episode. So no to this.
This is wholly incorrect. Just rewatched it, Vegeta never even TRIED to touch the ghost. Nor did Goku.

The moment he entered the fray, he began fighting Arale and he got his butt kicked because she's a gag character and he gets blasted away, and at the end he's pouting saying he'll never fight a gag character again.

So this WOULD be a good counter if it actually happened

The best you have is Trunks and Dr. Slump failing to hit Dr. Mashirito, who namely isn't Goku or Vegeta.

Antoniofer and Cal make sense to me. We should probably close this thread.

I do really hate that sentence tbh "X admin seems to make sense" when what Cal said about Vegeta trying to touch the ghost didn't happen at all and Antoniofer's point is an assumption more than anything.

The blasts touched Zamasu who had Fused with the universe/was a soul and was stated to have lost his physical form so this should be blatant NPI.

There's always a but to an DB upgrade thread as blatant as it may seem.

I'm not sure why we would assume Infinite Zamasu is "physical" when his true body was completely destroyed moments earlier, what we are seeing is likely Zamasu's inmortal soul taking over the universe.

Vegeta and Goku never tried to touch the ghost of the Arale episode. I'm not saying that I completely agree with this, but closing this thread with such poor counter arguments is a very bad idea.

Welp, saying that what Goku stroke with his blast was a soul also sounds like it came from nowhere, also, fusing with the universe is and is not being intangible, cuz you known, the universe isn't entirely intangible, much less immaterial.

But if our suggestion are so disliked, you can always ask the knowledgeable member list of DB, regular and staff user alike.

Even if we assume Infinite Zamasu had made a forcefield around the planet for some reason, then we'd have to give him the ability Forcefield Creation (Created a Barrier around Earth) and possibly Power Nullification (Nullified and/or Counteracted Goku, Vegeta And Trunk's beams with Forcefield)

So either Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks gets NPI or Zamasu gets Forcefield Creation and Power Nullification.

And no, Kid Trunks (Who's infinitely weaker than Future Trunks) failing to hit the Ghost doesn't say anything since Kid Trunks is literally the lowest of the totem pole in DBS when excluding purposefully weak characters.

And seriously, the scene with Kid Trunks could litteraly be used to say he is equal to a normal human like Senbei if we use it like that (i'd provide a screenshot but ********* is being a bitch.)

As therefir said

The whole purpose of infinite zamasu is that he lost his physical body and Kid Trunks is not an argument towards not applying this to Goku and Vegeta, when they are the ones in question here and obviously far more powerful

So while i agree with NPI, what would be it's type?

Soul based or space time based? Or both?

Also, from what i understand, the "kid trunks argument" comes from the fact that he also has ki like goku and vegeta and thus should have NPI as well but failes to touch a ghost.

But aside from ki being different to each character (in some way), couldn't they just have been using god ki? Making them unique to this ability.

Or you know, zamasu non-corporeality could be different than the ghost's.

Dragomer said:
Also i forgot but technicaly, shaking the WOV could be used as supporting evidence since NPI include 'non-existent' stuff apparently.
Maybe, but weren't those done by shockwaves instead of ki?

Thelastmlg said:
Dragomer said:
Also i forgot but technicaly, shaking the WOV could be used as supporting evidence since NPI include 'non-existent' stuff apparently.
Maybe, but weren't those done by shockwaves instead of ki?
That would be NPI either way IMO.

Is a possibly NPI an option? Also dosen't Goku in the Hit mini arc block and counter intangible attacks? That could add some validity.

Therefir said:
I'm not sure why we would assume Infinite Zamasu is "physical" when his true body was completely destroyed moments earlier, what we are seeing is likely Zamasu's inmortal soul taking over the universe.

Vegeta and Goku never tried to touch the ghost of the Arale episode. I'm not saying that I completely agree with this, but closing this thread with such poor counter arguments is a very bad idea.
Okay. Never mind then.

Antoniofer said:
But if our suggestion are so disliked, you can always ask the knowledgeable member list of DB, regular and staff user alike.
That is probably a good idea.

Has anybody done what Antoniofer suggested yet?

I agree with what Therefir said about IZ being non-corporeal.

On the topic, Goku does have some evidence going for him as he later managed to block Hit's intangible attacks. But the last time this thread was made, it was decided to treat it as an outlier (for the other two at least), I don't know what changed after that.

AKM sama said:
I agree with what Therefir said about IZ being non-corporeal.
On the topic, Goku does have some evidence going for him as he later managed to block Hit's intangible attacks. But the last time this thread was made, it was decided to treat it as an outlier (for the other two at least), I don't know what changed after that.
Because this time, the evidence that was ignored prior (Goku and co. hitting IZ) was brought back up. This alongside the Hit feat lends credence that it wasn't, in fact, an outlier at all. Plus all the evidence brought up in an attempt to reject it this time was itself rejected, ironically enough, for being too unsubstantial.

Akreious said:
Because this time, the evidence that was ignored prior (Goku and co. hitting IZ) was brought back up. This alongside the Hit feat lends credence that it wasn't, in fact, an outlier at all. Plus all the evidence brought up in an attempt to reject it this time was itself rejected, ironically enough, for being too unsubstantial.
It wasn't ignored. I can agree about Goku because he later showed the same ability kinda. But for Vegeta and Trunks it only looked like a one-off instance. That's why it was deemed an outlier.

Would 'Limited NPI with ki blast' satisfy everyone or not ? wouldn't change much in practice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back