• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Episode 127 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is gohan 3a then? he couldnt even beat that yardrat. if ur gonna downgrade then might as well do for everyone taht should be

Matt, you LITERALLY agreed with this upgrade (At least 3-A) along with Antvasima, Ever, myself, and several others.

Why are you trying to go through and undo all of this now?

@Matt

You're missing the point. Why do people always misconstrue what I say? I'm speaking/writing clearly.

Vegeta, transformation or not, did not show Low 2-C feats until Toppo yet he was upgraded a few episodes before.

I also didn't say I have a problem with the gap. I said Ultima and Ven do (and rightfully so). And come on really Matt? "If you don't like it, don't debate it". You'd never say such things. Tells me you're frustrated :(

BUS73R998 said:
why is gohan 3a then? he couldnt even beat that yardrat. if ur gonna downgrade then might as well do for everyone taht should be
That weak Yardrat was 3-A as well.

Aeyu said:
Matt, you LITERALLY agreed with this upgrade, along with Antvasima, Ever, myself, and several others.
Why are you trying to go through and undo all of this now?

Matt also said many times that most fictions don't consider the gap between 3-A and Low 2-C to be infinite. But now he changed his stance for whatever reason.

Let's analyze Anilaza's AP, shall we?

"Was overpowering SSJB Goku, who had broken his limits twice"

Who is only 3-A in SSJB at this point and only Low 2-C with SSJB Kaioken x20 onwards

"SSJB Vegeta"

3-A feat.

"Golden Friez"

3-A feat.

"a full powered Gohan and 17 in a beam struggle"

3-A feat.

"Beerus also stated that its ability to bend space through sheer power was unbelievable"

That means he surpassed Beerus' expectations, nothing else. He praised Goku's power all the way back in Battle of Gods.

So yeah, At least 3-A Anilaza is going too.

Aizen, drop the disrespectful attitude immediately. We are getting extremely tired of your antics.

AKM sama said:
Matt also said many times that most fictions don't consider the gap between 3-A and Low 2-C to be infinite. But now he changed his stance for whatever reason.
I said this is relation of people not wanting Low 2-C Ultra Instinct and stuff. But now it reached this level of wank and some anvils had to be dropped.

If 17 raged enough and transformed into Super Park Ranger 17 I would be fine with the upgrade.

Not base 17.

Anilaza and SS Kefla are at least 3-A for being superior to 3-A characters, but even if they were just 3-A with an higher grade than them would it have been the same.

I merely point the ridiculousness of the opponent's argument through analogy, showing how going from 3-A to Low 2-C with no explanation or power up is as legitimate as a 9-B becoming 3-B with no power up or explanation.

Aizen straight up is just trolling.

Dat name tho.

Well, let's just accept that transformation = upgrade. I agree with Aeyu and all, but it's whatever at this point.

Durability in Dragon Ball is 100% dependant on your Ki. See Laser Blast. If you have less ki available your durability is lower.

Some characters are tanks instead of equal durability. Freeza has higher durability than AP, as he survived the explosion of Namek after being bisected in half, and then receiving a full-power Kamehameha from Super Saiyan Goku, who trashed him before.

The fact that you bring up Matt's past endeavours is a literal transliteration of the fallacy of appeal to hypocrisy. I have the right to point out fallacies in your speech. That's not being condescending. You're not above such things.

every other series has similar problems, but its fans aren't unreasonable.

I know for a fact because you don't try to make every Sailor Scout 2-C.

Again, 17 had to stack his barriers to block Jirens attack.

His base barriers are 3-A, but they can be stacked to be Low 2-C.

Tis true. I was actually gonna bring up Majin Buu but the Frieza feat works.

That said, I agree that Dragon Ball does not appear to recognise the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C.

Uh what. Litterally never been the case with dbz.

Freeze has equal dyra with AP.

Stamina not durability. Yeah durability is dependent on ki yeah then again AP on the other hand is dependent on ki kinda just like durability.

I agree as well, obviously, but we obviously can't give it special treatement and make every 3-A character Low 2-C. As the Low 2-C feats are done through people who are far, far, far stronger than the ones who did the 3-A feat.

Anyway, this thread has turned ugly, with too many rapid posts to keep it manageable. Perhaps it would be better to close it, and recreate the topic in the staff only forum.

The fact that DBS writers don't recognize it doesn't mean we shouldn't regulate when to upgrade a character.

Outliers exist and we should evaluate each instance in a case-by-case basis instead of sloppily slapping "Low 2-C" on every character that puts a scratch on Jiren's boots.

@J-Man

You are welcome to argue as to why he doesn't have higher durability than AP which I literally just listed the most absurd durability feat in all of Dragon Ball and it comes from him.

I don't care about the rest of this thread, but I would like to defend At least 3-A again if this is really going to be put into question.

This thread should be closed and the upgrade denied, preferrably a rule against it as multiple staff members agree it is an outlier.

@Aeyu

You can contribute to the new thread if you wish.

On a totally different note, NF/OBD also recognises 17 as being current SSB tier, nearing hakaishin tier and >First UI Goku tier using his self destruct.

Not saying it is right or wrong. Just putting it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back