• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Episode 127 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaltias said:
>Jiren had his guard down, which explains how 17 injured him

Haven't seen the episode, but if that's the case it's like trying to scale to 3-B the gun that scratched Goku while his guard was down
They are not trying to upgrade 17 to Jiren.

Kaltias said:
>Jiren had his guard down, which explains how 17 injured him
Haven't seen the episode, but if that's the case it's like trying to scale to 3-B the gun that scratched Goku while his guard was down
A lot of the 3-A 18 scaling is also due to things like this. "She shot a 3-A so she's clearly 3-A".

By this logic every Dragon Ball character ever is 3-A through backwards scaling as everyone has grazed everyone once or twice.

LordAizenSama said:
Fiction doesnt care between low 2c and 3-a. Hence ssj kefla is 3a and ssj2 kefla is low 2c matthew.

SSJ2 Kefla is Low 2-C for actual feats and statements. And it is a new transformation. Super Saiyan makes you as strong as the plot demands Aizen. Not at all comparable with just blowing himself up in base thus releasing all your base energy.

If Buu Saga Vegeta had blown himself up while in base, and that somehow killed Majin Buu and ended the arc, that would have made more sense.

It is an outlier in every sense of the word. Both through sheer numerical gap, and feat inconsistencies as it is his only Low 2-C feat vs many things that are 3-A.

DBS really doesn't factor in that the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C is infinite.

Like how Kefla in SS is 3-A but in SS2 is Low 2-C.

If the Spirit Bomb is twice as strong as SSBKKx20 and Pre-Jiren UIO is 2x Spirit Bomb than that would mean the difference between Pre-Jiren SSB (3-A) and Pre-Jiren UIO (Low 2-C) is at minimum 80x in Dragon Ball (yes I know the gap might be far larger). So it's not that hard to believe that Android 17 can be Low 2-C via self destruct.

I don't have any personal desires to upgrade 17 lol. My avi is of him only for a week because he sacrificed himself, out of respect lol

Anyway, it is fiction. Where dragons can grant wishes because why not. It absolutely doesn't have to make sense.

"Where does 17 get that newfound energy from? Is it from his reactor?" From plot. Plot demanded that Goku should turn ssj1 because why not? Plot demaded that Gohan should turn ssj2 because why not? Plot demanded that Vegeta should get a bluer form out of nowhere because why not? The same plot always demads that self-destruct outputs much more power in exchange of your life.

Bluetrekking said:
DBS really doesn't factor in that the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C is infinite.
Like how Kefla in SS is 3-A but in SS2 is Low 2-C.

Already debunked this reasoning, also I hope you realize you are all advocating for literally ignoring the Tiering System to hide an outlier.

You pulled this numbers out of where exactly? x80?

I'm against Low 2-C 17 from harming Jiren when they literally stated Jiren had his guard down. Later Jiren tanks a similar attack from 17 like nothing.

17 barriers are Low 2-C since GoD Toppo nedded a barrage of attacks to break it. 17 can also add layers to his barriers that can even stop a attack from Jiren for a few seconds.

Obviously trying to use this against Toppo would be stupid since Hakai.

I'm dropping 17's Self Destruction.

So your entire argument is the fallacy of "LOL, its fiction, doesn't have to make any sense, I admit it doesn't, but we don't have to make any sense either LOL"

This entire site is about making sense of fiction. It's why we do calculations, do scaling, have the concept of an outlier which writers don't have, and try to quantify things with numbers of Joules.

So saying we don't have to make sense because it doesn't make sense is going against the very core of what this site stands for.

Also thanks for destroying the Low 2-C 17 argument by admiting it is illogical.

It aint a outlier. Fiction does not care between 3a and low 2c. It's not only supersaiyan transformations.

There is nothing inconsistent with this at all. You just keep repeating it is ??? Profit

The majority are fine with it.

Outliers? Now all of a sudden it's outliers? This whole arc has been inconsistencies and irregular powerscaling. We take what we can get, but how does Vegeta scale to Low 2-C and not be an outlier just because of a new transformation (the upgrade was before Toppo mind you) yet 17 wouldn't?

17 went up against a serious Jiren

Vegeta went up against a "semi-serious" Jiren with Goku's help no less and he also didn't even hurt Jiren, yet got Low 2-C off that. 17 actually hurts the dude and gets lolnoped. Vegeta should only he Low 2-C via defeating Toppo. If Vegeta would've went at a serious Jiren he would've faired no better than Frieza did.

So yeah, please stop being bias towards your favorite characters.

I remember being one of the biggest advocates for 18 being 3-A and NOT being 3-A at the same time.

Although, I agree with 3-A 18 being an outlier. It was bothering me for a while.

So why is it so hard to make sense of the simple fact that self-destruction outputs more energy when it clearly has shown to, several times. That was the whole point of Vegeta's sacrifice.

Nothing is going to get done in this thread.

People clearly can't have a civil discussion about this.

@Sera

Vegeta was doing equal to Goku while he was in a form that had adapted to UI level. That's not really a fair comparison.

AKM sama said:
So why is it so hard to make sense of the simple fact that self-destruction outputs more energy when it clearly has shown to, several times. That was the whole point of Vegeta's sacrifice.
The difference between Fat Boo and SSJ2 Vegeta was barely 3x. This is a hasty generalization.

Majority is actually agreeing with me, while the people for Low 2-C 17 are just screaming "LMAO fiction is dumb so let's be dumb too".

@Sera

Low 2-C Vegeta isn't an outlier, nor is Goku, because ding ding ding: New forms. Transformations can make one 1-A depending on the Verse.

17 going against a serious Jiren despite being weaker than SSB Goku (Albeit not by much) makes as much logical sense as me beating Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Here's something for y'all: Descring the outlier in detail does not make it stop ceasing being an outlier. Got it?

You're accomplishing nothing for the debate. You are going "Character should be Low 2-C because he did this", to which we respond "We know, and it is an outlier because this, this, an that", to which you respond "He is Low 2-C because he did this".

And the loop repeats.

i made a thread but it was closed even though i think there were enough evidence. anyways. the fact that 17 tanked blows from jiren and still got up and took his blast head on when he pushed vegeta away and that was without barrier is impressive.

as for the sneak attack, it was a explosion not a blast and thats why it wounded jiren. he didnt use that on toppo or couldnt simply cuz toppo was covered in hakai.

Okay, but 17 had to stack his barriers to be Low 2-C and protect everyone.

His barriers are usually 3-A, but he can stack them to a Low 2-C extent, which I'm fine with.

His self destruction, much like Vegetas, is supposed to have much larger power than the normal capabilities. Its literally an overload of power that kills the user. This was what happened with 17, and therefore it isn't possible Farfetchd to say 17 self destructing isn't over his regular power.

It cancelled out Jirens attack, which was clearly Low 2-C by now. And therefore that is Low 2-C AS A MOVE THAT PUSHES HIS LIMITS AND KILLS HIM.

So I think you are suggesting that self-destruct does output more energy, but not enough to make a 3-A character Low 2-C?

Well, can I ask how did you reach that conclusion? Is it quantified in the series or anything?

I'm sorry but if Jiren can literally hold back infinite amounts of power then why is it so hard to believe that 17 at his peak was Low 2-C? For all that they all should just be Low 2-C to stop this 3-A/High 3-A/Low 2-C nonsense. That differentiation only applies to certain, more accurate verses. No wonder Ultima and Ven hate 3-A...

Kepekley23 said:
Although, I agree with 3-A 18 being an outlier. It was bothering me for a while.
100% agree it should be removed. She was bizarrely amped by Love against Ribrianne, which is orders of magnitude more powerful than anything she did, and her blasts aren't as strong as 17s. He had to be saved from that Sentai Guy by 17, the same Sentai Guy who got stomped by a casual Vegeta after amping his speed and power by x4,000.

She is significantly weaker than Base Goku and Base Vegeta through every feat she does except Ribrianne, which surprise surprise, was her send-off episode, which is why they hyped her up.

Same with 17 in this last episode. They get outliers to make them look cool for the audience of 8 - 14 year olds DBS is aimed at.

Sera i will not allow everyone to be Low 2-C, it's bad since it was caused by dumb writing.

AKM sama said:
So I think you are suggesting that self-destruct does output more energy, but not enough to make a 3-A character Low 2-C?
Well, can I ask how did you reach that conclusion? Is it quantified in the series or anything?
16's self-destruct doesn't make him even x10,000 times stronger. Same with Vegeta's. 17's making him infinitely stronger is nonsense.

Negative matthew. They aren't.

We are not revising DBS profiles to suit your headcanon of whats a outlier or not. You need serious evidence that it contradicts the story and it does not. You just simply don't like 17 being that strong because its dumb. Welcome to DBS.

A quick summary:

• The gap between 3-A and Low 2-C is infinite
  • 17 hasn't shown any power-ups or new forms, and has admittedly not even TRAINED since then
  • The gap between Cell and 16/Fat Boo and SSJ2 Majin Vegeta was finite and they were in the same tier. So using this as an example is the epitome of false equivalencies.
Hopefully this helps you guys.

It's no a headcanon, it is a fact. Outliers are a thing and it would do you well to address them.

Also lol now people want Low 2-C 17 without self-destruct.

16 and Vegeta were way weaker when they did it.

17 is way stronger when he did it. How is that a fair comparison?

Btw, I was also against 3-A 18. Just putting it out there.

Didn't Vegeta very recently do a Final Explosion which only knocked out God Toppo.

AKM sama said:
16 and Vegeta were way weaker when they did it.
17 is way stronger when he did it. How is that a fair comparison?
>Point

>Your head

The point is that it is the same technique and it should work through proportionally the same scale. 16 and Vegeta are different in power but Self-Destruct doesn't make them that much more powerful. You have yet to prove a reason why 17's should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back