• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dbs downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with the thread. Multipliers are fine as transformations help surpass tremendous gulfs which is a direct statement to their validity.
I’m not saying that the transformation multipliers aren’t valid persay, more that the results you get from Multiplier stacking is extremely high, and has no actual feats of speed to support it. It’s that there’s no consistency to it

I’m not saying that the transformation multipliers aren’t valid persay, more that the results you get from Multiplier stacking is extremely high, and has no actual feats of speed to support it. It’s that there’s no consistency to it
It’s not contradicted I don’t see anywhere in the standards that say you can’t stack multipliers unless you have a feat that’s above the multiplier it just says you need evidence and I‘ve already listed what the standards consider evidence

the evidence isnt enough, the evidence boils down to characters getting stronger and faster. That’s not proof of any given multiplier, it’s proof of a multipliers existence
It’s not contradicted I don’t see anywhere in the standards that say you can’t stack multipliers unless you have a feat that’s above the multiplier it just says you need evidence and I‘ve already listed what the standards consider evidence

When you have time, please point it out to me
I mean I can, but honestly, I'm starting to not understand why you need this? The thread is baseless as is. You can't just say "oh well it needs to be removed just because." These multiplier standards have existed for a long while, and yet DBS's multipliers were accepted. Isn't that proof enough?

If you can't prove an actual contradiction or anything of the like, this thread - to put it bluntly - has no reason to exist

the evidence isnt enough, the evidence boils down to characters getting stronger and faster. That’s not proof of any given multiplier, it’s proof of a multipliers existence
The standards literally say that is evidence though but now I’m curious what in particular are you trying to downgrade?

For example lets say base Goku is like 100m x C in base (lowball Ik)
He turns SSJ so now 5 billion x C do we need proof for that increase? And if so why it’s an accepted multiplier

i would understand your arguments if there was an actual contradiction but I don’t see that anywhere

The fact those multipliers help them beat people they had difficulty with before is the proof.

These multiplier standards have existed for a long while, and yet DBS's multipliers were accepted. Isn't that proof enough?
That’s what revisions are for. To change things, you can’t just say things can’t be changed cos they were once accepted. That’s frankly asinine and only supports things becoming static.
If you can't prove an actual contradiction or anything of the like, this thread - to put it bluntly - has no reason to exist
Contradictions aren’t really the crux of the matter. The standards say that this requires a certain amount of evidence, and the only evidence that has been argued is that characters have become faster, which I’m sure you see is somewhat weak when we are talking about massive jumps.
The standards literally say that is evidence though but now I’m curious what in particular are you trying to downgrade?
For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents.
That’s for small multipliers, but the thing is, Many of the higher transformations are argued to have much much larger ones

That’s what revisions are for. To change things, you can’t just say things can’t be changed cos they were once accepted. That’s frankly asinine and only supports things becoming static.
Except you've brought nothing. No evidence. Just "well they should be removed"
Contradictions aren’t really the crux of the matter. The standards say that this requires a certain amount of evidence, and the only evidence that has been argued is that characters have become faster, which I’m sure you see is somewhat weak when we are talking about massive jumps.
Nope. Especially because these are officially stated multipliers, like Kaioken and Super Saiyan. This is making a downgrade for the sake of making a downgrade

That’s for small multipliers, but the thing is, Many of the higher transformations are argued to have much much larger ones
Okay so SSJ3 is accepted as >500x

If DBS Goku is 100m x C in base and turns SSJ3
Does he now need explicit proof that he’s now 50 billion x C?

I mean I can, but honestly, I'm starting to not understand why you need this? The thread is baseless as is. You can't just say "oh well it needs to be removed just because." These multiplier standards have existed for a long while, and yet DBS's multipliers were accepted. Isn't that proof enough?
I mean, several things were accepted in the past just to be changed later on, if we don't even know what was the reasoning for them to be accepted or when they were, along with no reasoning for why such a big stack multiplier such as 2 billion times is currently accepted in the the current blog of the multiplier scaling chain, then to say that they are accepted even tho no reasoning for it to be the case would be as "baseless" would it not?

The standards require more and more evidence for the consistencie of the multipliet the bigger the value and final result of the stack, in the verse page and in the verse scaling blog none has been presented for a incredibly high multiplier such as 2.000.000x, therefore it is going against the standard, contradictions are not needed against it, evidence in favor of it are needed as per the rule

For it to be accepted in the first place, there should be some kind of evidence along these lines.
“For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary.”

That’s why I’m asking Clover for the proof, if it were to be presented, then I would just fold cos it matches the standards
Okay so SSJ3 is accepted as >500x

If DBS Goku is 100m x C in base and turns SSJ3
Does he now need explicit proof that he’s now 50 billion x C?

Except you've brought nothing. No evidence. Just "well they should be removed"
My argument is that there is a lack of evidence, what am I supposed to bring? I made the thread because I couldn’t find evidence.
Nope. Especially because these are officially stated multipliers, like Kaioken and Super Saiyan.
I don’t have a problem with those, they are smaller multipliers. My issue is with the higher stuff over 100x

For it to be accepted in the first place, there should be some kind of evidence along these lines.
“For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary.”

That’s why I’m asking Clover for the proof, if it were to be presented, then I would just fold cos it matches the standards
Okay now I wanna say 2 things

1. MUI has no accepted multiplier he just upscales from characters

2. Are you trying to remove the accepted 500x multiplier?

Okay now I wanna say 2 things

1. MUI has no accepted multiplier he just upscales from characters
The problem in this thread is also the multiple multiplier stacking that makes all the way up to 2 bilion times, so you should not only focus on the individual multiplier boosts, but the stacking of them in the scaling chain

I mean, several things were accepted in the past just to be changed later on, if we don't even know what was the reasoning for them to be accepted or when they were, along with no reasoning for why such a big stack multiplier such as 2 billion times is currently accepted in the the current blog of the multiplier scaling chain, then to say that they are accepted even tho no reasoning for it to be the case would be as "baseless" would it not?
But that's the thing. Threads made to downgrade stuff usually carry evidence of their own as to why the thing should be removed. That didn't happen here. OP just came in saying "yeah this should be removed."

SSJ is a 50x amp. Kaioken is up to a 20x amp. Stuff like that. That's all that's being used for these multiplier chains, which you'd see if you looked at the multiplier blog. You know, officially stated multipliers.

If you're claiming the multiplier chain is baseless, that's just incorrect

The problem in this thread is also the multiple multiplier stacking that makes all the way up to 2 bilion times, so you should not only focus on the individual multiplier boosts, but the stacking of them in the scaling chain
Oh then yeah then that’s an issue since these multipliers are already accepted as valid so they can be used if they don’t contradict the story, feats, or future events. So I don’t really agree with the premise of this crt

That's the thing. That's all these multipliers are. Look at the conservative multipliers blog. It's just Super Saiyan, Kaioken, and Super Saiyan Blue (SSB was accepted as being at least 50x)
I know, but there’s no feats that are relative to the speed increases stacking provides, nor are the multipliers themselves important to the story, they could be any given number and nothing would change. And as Godofice has posted, those are the evidence required for higher multipliers, which is the result of stacking them.
also,
“That means that if, for example, a character has a times 10 multiplier and later on gets another times 50 multiplier, than the evidence necessary to use both multipliers to get a statistic, is like that of a times 500 multiplier,” basically, as I interpret it, a hell of a lot of evidence is required to stack multipliers.

I know, but there’s no feats that are relative to the speed increases stacking provides, nor are the multipliers themselves important to the story, they could be any given number and nothing would change. And as Godofice has posted, those are the evidence required for higher multipliers, which is the result of stacking them.
also,
“That means that if, for example, a character has a times 10 multiplier and later on gets another times 50 multiplier, than the evidence necessary to use both multipliers to get a statistic, is like that of a times 500 multiplier,” basically, as I interpret it, a hell of a lot of evidence is required to stack multipliers.
How are the multipliers not important to the story?

That’s telling us that if using both multipliers to get a statistic in that case would be equivalent to that of a 500x multiplier

But that's the thing. Threads made to downgrade stuff usually carry evidence of their own as to why the thing should be removed. That didn't happen here. OP just came in saying "yeah this should be removed."
he did provide a reason, the simple lack of supportive evidence for such a high multiplier stack, which the standards ask for

SSJ is a 50x amp. Kaioken is up to a 20x amp. Stuff like that. That's all that's being used for these multiplier chains, which you'd see if you looked at the multiplier blog. You know, officially stated multipliers.

If you're claiming the multiplier chain is baseless, that's just incorrect
no one is saying that it is baseless, only that it is against the standards since it needs far more supportive evidence for such a high multiplier as the 2.000.000x that the chain currently does

Oh then yeah then that’s an issue since these multipliers are already accepted as valid so they can be used if they don’t contradict the story, feats, or future events. So I don’t really agree with the premise of this crt
the individual ones are, they are stated, the problem is the stack of them, the standards due note that the higher the number of the multiplier, the bigger evidence you need, you would need a lot of evidence for a 2.000.000x multiplier

How are the multipliers not important to the story?

That’s telling us that if using both multipliers to get a statistic in that case would be equivalent to that of a 500x multiplier
again, you are looking at the individual multipliers and not the full picture of the multiplier stacking chain

Not even sure if the thread is legit. Should someone just come and say I don't agree with accepted stuff and reneed explanation without reason?

Except it was clearly supported enough to be accepted in the first place
again, mistakes can happen all the time, you could show the thread were this stacking and multiplier chain was accepted in the first place you know? how can we know that it wasn't accepted out of a mistake? because it doesn't look like it has any support for such a big multiplier such as 2 billion tho, or you could tell what the said support for it is, because if it is just the "they get stronger and faster" they i don't see how that is a big enough evidence for such a massively big multiplier

again, mistakes can happen all the time, you could show the thread were this stacking and multiplier chain was accepted in the first place you know? how can we know that it wasn't accepted out of a mistake? because it doesn't look like it has any support for such a big multiplier such as 2 billion tho, or you could tell what the said support for it is, because if it is just the "they get stronger and faster" they i don't see how that is a big enough evidence for such a massively big multiplier
If the individual multipliers are accepted how can the end result of them not be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back