• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Databooks/WoG Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Alright, I just wanted to get this out of the way.

So it appears that there is some minor confusion about if we accept Databook Statements or WoG Statements when in comes to verses. I'm here to simply say that we do accept them BUT! only if the don't screw with how the verse is portrayed.

A perfect example is the Naruto Databooks. Every time a thread comes up discussing scaling or whatever, The argument on the databooks reliability comes in to play. Now some have assumed that we don't accept them because either, We've been misinterpreting the statements, We hate Naruto, or Their databooks lol. The last two reasons are stupid as hell. We didn't accept them because people brought up the same ones over and over again and didn't bother to get the proper translations and thus leads to others thinking the whole book is bad and since no one bothered to correct people and only complain, No one got anywhere.

So this thread is simply just to let everyone know that we can accept Databooks/WoG so long as it doesn't go against what is shown to us, it's Canon, it's got something backing it up, and lastly it's properly explained. What I mean by that last one is that some times words can be seen differently by other people. Primary example, World, Reality and Dimension, three words that can be used for different things such as a Planet or a Universe.

Also remember it is a case by case basis and just because it was used in one verse doesn't mean it can be used in another.

I hope everyone has a great day!. ^_^

I mean, I do agree that we should go case by case (which should be obvious) however most things people cite to disregard Naruto databooks turn out to be mistranslations. Just to let people know that it is not nearly as inaccurate as people make it look.

@Rocker1189

I know their not that inaccurate. It was basically do to no one actually looking into it and wrong translations.

I simply created this thread to let everyone know we can accept WoG/Databooks so long as it's consistent and is legit.

Remember, this goes for all verses. I simply used Naruto becuase it comes up the most.

No, since the god-tiers only have Sub-Rel+ feats (Madara tagging Minato, his flight speed, and etc.)

@TataHakai

Why!!!!!!, You had to say it!. OvO

Seriously though let's not bring up light fang. I'm actually going to create a thread disscusing that.

The God tiers having Sub Rel feats doesn't discredit a Relativistic feat? In fact it blows away any arguments of it being a possible outlier.

Again, I'm going to talk about the Light Fang later.

Please don't drag this thread somewhere else.

Light Fang doesn't even scale to anyone but Madara's attack speed with that specific jutsu. It didn't hit anyone, nor did anyone ever react to it (Naruto reacted to Madara's headswing).

Here we go again...

Since everyone understands and agrees, I'm just going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back