• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/im-back-naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-profiles-crt-part-2.130688/ a sub discussion of Part 2.

I will go ahead and say that the profiles for Storm Series Naruto and Mecha Naruto are pretty much ready. However, I am faced with a small issue, namely the Jutsus and their properties. In Part 1, the staff came to the conclusion that the abilities presented in the game can be the same as the ones in the manga so long as it functions the same. For example, the Truth-Seeking Balls in the game clearly show different functionality than the manga, in which case, its ability will not be listed the same as the manga. But the Sharingan in the game, showing no contradiction to its functionality, can have the same abilities listed as the manga.

However, while we can list the same abilities as the manga, I do not know if this could mean we can use the same Jutsu properties as the manga databook. Granted, the game does have its own type of databook, but those are more character profile-focused. So this is the final straw before the profiles are created as it would aid in calculating the feats. To give an example, Mabui uses the technique 'Heavenly Transfer Technique' both in the game and the manga, and both sources describe the techniques as having the same functionality (transferring objects from one place to another). The manga databook describes the ability as a light speed, would we do the same for the game as long as the game treats it the same? Same question for destruction, both game and manga versions of Jiraiya can use the Massive Rasengan, and the manga databook states that it can carve away mountains, would that destruction feat be listed for game Jiraiya as well?

I advocate that the data book statements are valid for the jutsu we will buy manga = games. what are your thoughts

game abilities that fully match the manga, I think, can be supported by the emotes in the manga
You don't do selective snatching from canon.

Either all of it uses it or none of it uses it.

The fact that the game's continuity is different, story changes up, and more, then we don't use it

if the databook in the game and manga is not the same then there will be changes, starting from jutsu, speed, AP

if the databook in the game and manga is not the same then there will be changes, starting from jutsu, speed, AP
Yeah the character profiles in both databooks are different. But the game databook itself rarely has any mention of the Jutsus.

Yeah, that makes sense. Since we're dealing with different canons/continuities, using the supplementary material of one for the other wouldn't work.

So, for example, if we want to use lightning speed Raiton for the games, we'll have to collect the evidence that it meets the site's criteria using game material and showings.

The only issue will be the sizes of the characters

But i think that they'll be fine since the characters are based off of the ones from the manga, so they should have the same height (at least the people)

Yeah, people should be the same. Certain things about the verse should obviously remain the same, cause it's still Naruto in the end.

But yeee, worst case scenario we could use average heights or sumn.

Yeah, that makes sense. Since we're dealing with different canons/continuities, using the supplementary material of one for the other wouldn't work.

So, for example, if we want to use lightning speed Raiton for the games, we'll have to collect the evidence that it meets the site's criteria using game material and showings.
Well, there is the Gedo Statue using cloud to ground lightning, and he's pretty much the embodiment of various jutsu. Would that qualify Raiton as actual lightning?

Well, there is the Gedo Statue using cloud to ground lightning, and he's pretty much the embodiment of various jutsu. Would that qualify Raiton as actual lightning?
Don't forget that Sasuke's Kirin Jutsu is just him using Chakra to manipulate natural lighting to form an attack.

I don't think using natural phenomenon can be equated to Jutsu.
For example, if Raiton didn't meet any of the site's criteria for it to be considered lightning speed, then it wouldn't have been accepted regardless of the existence of Kirin.

The game's Raiton needs to meet some of the criteria, like we did for the canon version here.

I don't think using natural phenomenon can be equated to Jutsu.
For example, if Raiton didn't meet any of the site's criteria for it to be considered lightning speed, then it wouldn't have been accepted regardless of the existence of Kirin.

The game's Raiton needs to meet some of the criteria, like we did for the canon version here.
In some cases, he shoots those lightnings into the sky, and they rain down on his opponents. But yeah, I’ll see if it can fit all of the criteria for Lightning.

but if the technique follows its own qualifications for different standards (black hole, lightspeed), then they'll be fine w/out the databook
wait a minute if in the game there will be lightspeed I have checked the Naruto game databook several times but can't find it

For me, if it's not contradicted by the game, I don't see a reason to not accept it. Same for raiton, if the game doesn't contradict it then there's no reason to not take it how the manga shows it.

For me, if it's not contradicted by the game, I don't see a reason to not accept it. Same for raiton, if the game doesn't contradict it then there's no reason to not take it how the manga shows it.
this isn't a "secondary canon" situation. This is a completely different canon tied to a whole different canonicity.

So accepting stuff that's been accepted for one version when the point of this is o split up canons is wrong

this isn't a "secondary canon" situation. This is a completely different canon tied to a whole different canonicity.

So accepting stuff that's been accepted for one version when the point of this is o split up canons is wrong
The series is still based on the canon material by Kishi along with certain jutsu and the chakra mechanics. The only jutsu to my knowledge that's shown to be different is the TSB, unless contradicted, I don't see why we should just discard the canon variants of certain things. Now I can understand not using feats shown in the manga that aren't shown in the games as that would defeat the point, but not using established mechanics that aren't contradictions to me, doesn't make much sense and seems to Naruto as other game specific profiles don't see to have to follow this.

The series is still based on the canon material by Kishi along with certain jutsu and the chakra mechanics. The only jutsu to my knowledge that's shown to be different is the TSB, unless contradicted, I don't see why we should just discard the canon variants of certain things. Now I can understand not using feats shown in the manga that aren't shown in the games as that would defeat the point, but not using established mechanics that aren't contradictions to me, doesn't make much sense and seems to Naruto as other game specific profiles don't see to have to follow this.
The difference between those and this is that those are directly after the events of their canon counterparts, like the xenoverse and heroes series' which have a timeline of events from prior.

This is flat out a different series. This isn't like Boruto which is after, this is a whole separate continuity.

Sorry but I don't agree that we should split up the manga and game then use things from the manga for the game.

The difference between those and this is that those are directly after the events of their canon counterparts, like the xenoverse and heroes series' which have a timeline of events from prior.

This is flat out a different series. This isn't like Boruto which is after, this is a whole separate continuity.

Sorry but I don't agree that we should split up the manga and game then use things from the manga for the game.
This is a different series based on canon which adapts the same concepts like chakra and different chakra nature's.

This is a different series based on canon which adapts the same concepts like chakra and different chakra nature's.
Something based on canon ≠ you share the canon only information with the non canon series because their root design and thought process is the same

Animes are based on canon and they change stuff all the time

Something based on canon ≠ you share the canon only information with the non canon series because their root design and thought process is the same

Animes are based on canon and they change stuff all the time
They don't change the core mechanics of the canon though, they might change how the feats of the series are presented, but that's about it.

Well, that's one criteria down.
Darui's lightning paralysis his opponent.
Sasuke does the same.
Sasuke's lightning can paralyse people mid-air
Sasuke does it again.

As for the "Generating 1.6 billion Joules, that's 0.38 Tons of TNT or Building level" Pretty much most Ultimate Jutsu dwarf that.

Back