• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Ryüko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I mean Ryüko was affected by Ragyo's Memory Manipulation for some time. I just want to know if her resistance to it increased along with her power.

@BFF It is hard to say there as resistance may be able to increase with power, but I think it will be case by case analysis as we never know about it. Logically she should be able to resist the mind manipulation, but for how long? I don't know on that matter.

Okay, how about telekinesis? Vader would be able to use it in a manner similar to Tatsumaki, right? Because if so, that's a pretty good advantage.

I believe Vader or someone comparable to him brought down a star destroyer. I will have to do some research to back up my claim though.

@BFF He can not achieved the same telekinesis feat as Tornado of Terror, but he still be abled to force choke someone like Ryuko. Reactive Evolution does have its limits especially if it is stamina related. If she doesn't tire out easily, then Vader will have to match her in a all out stamina as his Force Reserves is admittedly large for this. His Force potential could rivaled the Emperor, but I never have enough knowledge into the EU Star War so it is hard to say at least. Still he does still relied on his suit for the most part. However since stamina is limited for Vader, he may need to see if he can damaged her with his lightsaber to end her. I noticed Ryoko has a weakness listed on her page. He might exposed her weakness if he can deal the damage to her there.

@Colonel https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Galen_Marek_(Starkiller) did it.

He has only one lightsaber (as far as I know) so he won't be able to cut her from both sides simultaneously. And he doesn't know about her weakness, so it would be difficult to exploit it.

While Ryuko's Reactive Evolution obviously has limits, it doesn't rely on stamina.

Also if you read the weaknesses page, it says Kisaragi (the form here) doesn't have the both sides weakness.

@BFF He has experienced in lightsaber combat as he is smart in battle. He doesn't randomly swing a lightsaber like a berserker. (Yes I am look at Berserker from Fate Stay Night).

@Ryu Oh really? I assumed that for some reasons, but isn't reactive evolution usually relied on stamina? Then again we got that one android there who happen to have reaction evolution who has infinite stamina, but this is a living being we talking about here.

I honestly don't know any Reactive Evolution uses who need "stamina" in order to evolve.

@BFF Just making sure, you still neutral?

Perhaps Inconclusive?

I'm neutral, but leaning towards Vader. I just don't want to vote only to change it again since that would cause you some trouble.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm neutral, but leaning towards Vader. I just don't want to vote only to change it again since that would cause you some trouble.
It's fine if you change your mind. It's my responsibility to change the votes

@Starkiller

Hmm, Vader would be able of using his telekinesis in the myriad of ways listed in that article, correct? Also, looking at a thread in 'Related Threads', it seems like Vader has some other abilities not listed on his page that could be useful here.

@Colonel

Okay, I'll make a decision later. But don't complain if I change it again. :D

@BFF Still Darth Vader didn't demonstrate all of those abilities in the telekinesis article so it was never been explicitly shown for him. I think I should not done this as it is frown upon using that as a excuse there.

@Colonel

Okay, I'll make a decision later. But don't complain if I change it again. :D
I regret nothing

OvO

I just realized, but if one side has a lot of haxs and the other one doesn't have enough hax to counter haxs. Would this consider as a hax stomp? I mean seriously if the strongest version of Ryuko doesn't have reactive evolution, then does this mean she still has it? I mean this kinda getting out hand thanks to how I not so sur if this works. Also here it is: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reactive_Evolution

All forms of Ryüko have Reactive Evolution as far as I'm aware.

Both sides have a fair amount of hax/hax resistance for this to be a fair match imho.

@Colonel Beginning and End of Series Ryuko do not have Reactive Evolution. But her High 6-A form does.

@Colonel Hmmm if she consistently show this in all of her forms. Then should we put a note about this? I mean seriously this kind of thing will need to address on how her Reactive Evolution works as assuming she can evolved further during a fight will definitely dampen the arguments on her side even further.

Kk, thanks for clearing that up Ryukama.

Still I don't find Ryuko resisting everything that Darth Vader has in his wide arensal of haxs and this is a huge problem as we assume she can evolve to resist the Legend version of Darth Vader's abilities. I am sorry, Colonel, but really this might qualify as a hax stomp if she doesn't evolved over battle. I still think this will not turn well thanks to that as the arguments is being too relied on her version of reactive Evolution.

If this is a stomp it should be closed, do the people agree it's a stomp?

Since I discussed with Ryu on this. I have one thing to said since if Senketsu get killed by Darth Vader somehow, does this mean that Ryüto Matou be unable to evolve? The reason for this if Senketsu is killed, Ryüto will not be able to evolved as a result of getting killed. In all other instances she did evolved, she has Senketsu being there for her as he evolved her. If he is removed, then she will stop evolving as a result of his death. http://kill-la-kill.wikia.com/wiki/Senketsu

Well no wonder why this match will be frown upon. Colonel, you seriously make a match that is totally will not concluded as a result of this.

Starkiller215 said:
Well I not so sure if I should use information from another wiki, but apparently I found this one from a page about telekinesis in Star Wars: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Telekinesis/Legends#Force_Wave
Can Vader unleash atomizing Force Waves like Plagueis? If he can, that plus Dun Moch mean Vader would destroy her. If he can't, then I'm not sure. May be Vader high diff due to Dun Moch and internal organ shenanigans.

Can Vader unleash atomizing Force Waves like Plagueis? If he can, that plus Dun Moch mean Vader would destroy her. If he can't, then I'm not sure. May be Vader high diff due to Dun Moch and internal organ shenanigans.
If his atomic/subatomic thing can be used for combat,he stomps. However if he cant,Dun Moch wont do much good since taunts wont really work. If this was an earlier version of Ryuko probably, but not this one. She doesnt have doubts anymore and isnt brash, especially when she is fused completely with Senketsu. And messing with her organs wont do much since she can regen back.

Okay, so if Ryüko has no counter for Subatomic Matter Manipulation, it's a stomp? Because the way, I'm seeing it, that's his most likely way to win apart from telekinesis. If Ryüko resists most of his stuff, and Regenerationn helps with the rest, incapacitation is the most viable option for him. Or Subatomic shenanigans.

I vote for Vader again for now.

Okay, so if Ryüko has no counter for Subatomic Matter Manipulation, it's a stomp?
If Vader can use it freely in combat, then yes.

Also someone should add that clarification to his profile. And considering he can do other stuff with the Force, they should be added as well cuz the profile looks lacking.

Starkiller215 said:
@Scarlet Admittedly yes, he show this by doing Force Wave to destroy some troops in one moment.
Well troops are fodder compared to him but if Wave hits in a subatomic scale, that won't matter.

Starkiller215 said:
@Scarlet Admittedly yes, he show this by doing Force Wave to destroy some troops in one moment.
But was it pulverization like Galen Marek's blasts or atomization like Plagueis's?

@Blue I will need to check the sources as even I not that well versed into the EU lore. Atomization if he was slightly comparable to Plagueis, but since he is compared to Starkiller, perhaps Pulverization. I not so sure on this, but knowing Darth Vader, it might be leaning toward the Latter even I don't know if that was his fullest extent.

You know you've read too much manga when you start reading right to left :)

Judging from the released vapor, looks like vaporization to me. Unless that is not vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back