• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Ryüko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Ryüko has resistance to Mind Manipulation so his mind shenanigans won't work. Anything to get past her Regenerationn? Like incapacitation or something.

Yeesh, don't think Ryüko can handle Matter Manipulation on a subatomic scale. And Force Stun seems like incapacitation? Or at least temporary paralysis for him to use other abilities.

I think Darth Vader's Subatomic Matter powers (which Ryuko has no resistance against) gives Vader the victory.

@Burning I'm not very well versed with the full extent of Vader's abilities tbh. Who do you wish to vote for, for now?

Um, well it depends. If Matter Manipulation on a subatomic scale can bypass Ryüko's Regenerationn, I go with Vader. But if it can't, I go with Ryüko because of reactive evolution, Regenerationn and resistance to Vader's mind abilities.

By reading into it, it doesnt seem like the sub atomic is something that can be done quickly or without concentration.

http://imgur.com/9qCUMqS

honeslty the links descibing his sub atomic stuff seems like its not really combat applicable. Maybe...

If it's applicable for combat, I'll go for Vader. He has abilities that could temporarily hold back Ryüko. All she does is swing her scissor blades wildly, really. So I'm going for Vader for now.

Aaah sorry Colonel, I completely forgot about this match. I can't give an opinion today anymore because of IRL reasons, but I'll get to this tomorrow, message me in case I forget.

ScarletFirefly said:
Aaah sorry Colonel, I completely forgot about this match. I can't give an opinion today anymore because of IRL reasons, but I'll get to this tomorrow, message me in case I forget.
It's okay dude, don't worry about it, I'm just trying to spark attention within the wiki, lol

If he cuts her with his Lightsaber, she'll regen back up and get stronger. He'll have trouble ripping her apart with the Force due to her power being equal to his (and she'll still regen from that) and his mental domination tricks won't work thanks to her high mental resistance and her indomitable will. Also with enough exposure to the Force, it's likely she will develop a counter measure to it.

She can redirect his Force Scream with her Sound Manipulation and use it against him.

Ryuko takes this mid-high diff due to Vader's experience.

Vader still has precognition and can use telekinesis to take away her scissor blades (if she can form new ones, forget about this one). Also, that still doesn't explain his Subatomic Matter Manipulation (I still want to know if it's combat applicable) and his ability to lock her in catatonic paralysis. Also, I don't really remember Kill la Kill so I don't know if she's resisted it before.

Well from the page, he was able to create a device using matter manipulation on a sub-atomic scale. I guess he could rearrange Ryüko on a sub-atomic scale.

┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

1. The subatomic scale alterations doesn't come from Vader, Bane did that. And it says specifically that he spent hundreds of hours making those alterations. Considering Bane is more skilled than Vader as a Force user, I doubt Vader can do that in combat since it took Bane that long to do that.

2. About taking away her scissors now. That can be prevented by not letting go of them (duh), or she can just have Senketsu wrap a piece of cloth to tie her arm and the scissors together. Her lifting and striking strength are vastly higher than his even when he's using the Force so he isn't parting her from her scissors anytime soon.

My second point also serves as an opening for this. Since she has vastly higher striking and lifting strength, Vader will feel and get pushed back from every strike and if she puts him in a grab, there's no way in hell he's escaping it. Or she can drop her giant scissors on top of him and he isn't lifting it.

3. Now about the paralysis inducing a catatonic state. This is a power mostly used on weaker opponents and it induces said paralysis only for a short period of time, Furthermore, someone could resist the effects of Force Stun by having a very strong will, something that Ryuko isn't lacking in the slightest.

@Scarlet There is another screenshot of him performing it as Skywalker. It's a screenshot from the clone wars so he's not even Vader yet.

If it was used in hundreds of hours, that means it isn't combat applicable, right?

If we use the not letting go thing, it would be applied to like, everybody. Because no one would want to let go of their weapon in the first place. If I understand correctly, he could just blast the scissors away from her in the first place. The Senketsu stuff makes sense, but I think that's assuming that she knows about his telekinesis and what it can do prior to the match. If he uses it to disarm her, she'll likely be confused or caught off guard (I'm assuming Ryuko hasn't faced telekinesis before) and that's enough time for him to fling it elsewhere. Speaking of the Lifting Strength and Striking Strength, how big are Ryuko's scissors? Because I'm confused on how Ryuko's advantage in those areas apply to Vader disarming her. I mean, if he tries to take control of her blades, how does something like Striking Strength factor into that?

By the way, if Vader's telekinesis works normally, (I mean, like I've heard for Tatsumaki), can he bury her underground? Or crush her blades? I'm asking this because his page says its limit is only the creativity of the user.

Also, since Vader's Subatomic Matter Manipulation doesn't seem usable for combat and Force Stun doesn't work on those with sufficient willpower, I'm inclined to change my vote to Ryuko except if Vader has some other abilities that aren't on his page. But I still want to be sure about some things so you can remove my vote for now.

Yes, I talked to Ever about that. Apparently all Expanded Universe Star War has subatomic manipulation in combat this can not end well if we using the EU version. However I will discuss this with Ever on further confirmation on this.

I'm not giving a vote, but how is taking away Ryuko's sword like even an argument? Even if it she loses it, so what?

She didn't perform her Multi-Continental feat with her sword. She stated that she never really needed the sword that much as long as she has Senketsu and stopped using it against Ragyo. Plus she has decent hand to hand fighting on her own and isn't fighting a Life Fiber user, so it's not like she needs this sword to negate Regenerationn or anything.

We can not assume she is resistant to all telekinesis attacks as this will be NLF unto itself. Mind Manipulation I can understand that, but I don't see how she will respond to telekinesis users on that level of manipulation.

Oh, I thought she broke through those Life Fiber things with her sword. And I always remember her fighting with her scissor blade(s).

Your vote? @Star

I referred to Force Grip for Star War characters as we see characters being able to do with good mental concentration. Darth Vader is a veteran of the Force and should be well experienced of using the Force in combat. However I will see this will be a interesting match.

Sure thing, just to clarify, what's your reasoning?

Vader via sub atomic manipulation. she might have Resistance to mind manipulation but that doesn't make her completely immune. vader has dealt with enemies before who are trained specifically to resist such tactics and still comes out on top. Sub atomic manipulation and Dun Moch will give vader the win.

It probably depends on the severity of the Mind Manipulation in question. I remember it took some time for Ryüko to resist Ragyo's Memory Manipulation. But when she attempted some Absolute Domination stuff, it didn't work on Ryüko. Although, her resistance feats were in a much weaker form, I don't know if it increased along with her power in her strongest form.

@BFF However she never resisted Energy Manipulation and the Force isn't always with the mind as far as I am aware. It will be nlf as resistance to abilities doesn't mean they fully negate it.

Okay. That is true but I've always seen others going 'Character A is resistant to Soul Manipulation so Character B can't mess with his soul'. Leaving the matter of mind shenanigans, telekinesis seems pretty useful.

@BFF This will still be NLF as resistance and immunity is different from each other. They must explicitly shown to have a true immunity to the specific abilities meaning they are completely unaffected by it.

Edit: It admittedly is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back