• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Sidious tier up

Krayt's 4-A key came long after sidious died. Sidious was the strongest st the time but krayt was never at that level for sidious to be compare to.

In the Old Databank, Darth Sidious is referred to as "the most powerful practioner of the Sith ways in modern times." Despite the fact that Darth Krayt's also present.

I'm neutral due to not being too familiar with the ESU even if I'm trying to get into it more. But Solider Blue and Matt would probably know more. I could also ask Everlasting about this.

Edit: I was informed Weekly covered everything. Sidious was only "The strongest Sith Lord of all time" long before 4-A even existed. And had since been surpassed. So no 4-A Sidious, sorry.

I meant that information about Darth Krayt is present in the Old Databank. If not 4-A, can I put "At least 4-B" for Dark Empire Sidious? As you know, he became much stronger after his death on the Death Star II.

Would you happen to have a link to the old databank? I agree with him being at least 4-B but id like to look into the databank

Okay.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110730120637/http://www.starwars.com/vault/databank

See "Palpatine" and "Andeddu" pages.

Darth Sidious was so strong that at the end of Darth Plagueis, his biggest problem was not enough dark side energy to go around. He got stronger when other Sith died. It doesn't seem likely that there is enough Force energy around for someone to stomp him, given that he literally possesed most of the Force energy in the universe.

Okay so a few things:

1. The quotes you listed are all referring to Sidious beign the strongest Sith of his era.

2. Andeddu doesnt have a page on that site you linked

3. Context would be preferable for that snippit you posted, if you have the whole page i'd appreciate it

also even if Sidious did soehow scale to peak Krayt, that would completely break the scaling of the verse as Luke had to train for decades to reach 4-A after beating sidious

So Sidious and other 4-B characters get an "At least" before their tiers?

Why Caedus? He was stomped horribly by Luke?

Also, wouldn't cotaining the "full power" of the dark side warrant at least a "likely 4-A'." Plus, he should be stronger than the World Razor, given all those statements about him not needing superweapons, and also I think there was one about him being the greatest threat to the galaxy.

I will add it if I find it.

Find said statements.

And yeah, I agree with Weekly here, Sidious shouldn't be stronger if the statement is applicable only to a specific point in time before Krayt reached 4-A. I think this is a similar case for other Sith having similar statements noted on the profiles like Sidious, but I agree that he should get an "At least 4-B".

MasterOfArda said:
Why Caedus? He was stomped horribly by Luke?
Luke was bloodlusted and had blindsided Caedus with a strike that would have disabled any normal human, yet Caedus was still able to somewhat hold his own. Caedus was also directly stated to be Luke's match. And this is Legacy of the Force Luke, who was essentially stated by Jaina to be over four times stronger than he was in the Yuuzhan Vong war, where he fought Sidious' equal (Shimrra)

Ben202 said:
Darth Sidious has been called the strongest Sith in history several times. Can we give Sidious (at least Dark Empire incarnation) 4-A based on a comparison with Darth Krayt? (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Krayt)
He can also create many force storms in different star systems.
TBH, you could support your argument by stating the fact that Darth Sidious have the might to survive all the combined power of every single dead Jedi from 25,000 BBY up until to 11 ABY. After that, you would post a statement that you need a few thousand Jedi to be a casual star buster. There's no single number on how many Jedi there are in their entire history, but we could make speculations about it, the numbers could be in the countless billions or even higher.

Okay, I have check the attack potency page. I do think that you need almost trillions of casual star busters to even reach Multi-Solar System level. Times that trillions with let's just say 2,500 dead Jedi. You need about 2,500,000,000,000,000 or about 2 quadrillion and 5 trillion dead Jedi to even reach Multi-Solar System level.

This is coming from the average dead Jedi Knights and Masters. Not the special and powerful Jedi.

That is true. The thousands of Jedi spirits can turn someone into a casual star buster is based on Jerec's act on the Valley of the Jedi. The Valley of the Jedi is created somewhere during when Bane is still alive.

Also, I don't think there is a way for Darth Sidious to be Multi-Solar System level with the ridicoulous number of Jedi needed.

Actually I think I found an interesting feat for Legends.

Question is what does turning a planet into a star yield?

Hellbeast1 said:
Question is what does turning a planet into a star yield?
If you're referring to the feat I think you're referring to, it would be turning a planet into a blue star, not just a regular star.

If it's the feat I'm thinking about, then two things:

1. There is already a calc. I think it was either 5-A or High 5-A.

2. It's still up in the air whether the story is legitimate or in-universe myth.

Ooh link to the calc?

I'd say it's valid, the comic shows a blue star as Qui Gon says it might be valid (occams razor suggests that is intended to be the specific star) and legends in Star Wars tend to be valid in the old canon

Back