• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Sidious Abilities Update

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
I'm fine with this, but I think that most of these should be under "and possibly: etc", because it even says "it is believed". And if he does get all of them should people that fought him, namely Luke, get resistence to everything?

Luke would have all of Palpatine's resistances as well yes both from fighting him and from having Force Resistance

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star...r-respect-thread-1877280/#js-message-18663448

There's a LOT to read through here but a few quotes to support this:

"What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve."

"With the resources of the galaxy at his disposal, he gathered the greatest works of knowledge from over a million worlds. He studied the Force in all its guises thoughout the galaxy, whether it was the shamanism of Jarvashqiine or the tales of the Tyia."

"In these cantos and the hundreds of thousands that follow, it is apparent that the Emperor has plumbed depths of darkness unknown before. Whether he has done so out of a need to achieve knowledge, or whether he has been drawn thus far is unknown and perhaps unknowable. What is known is that the Emperor gathered all the greatest lore of the Dark Side and collected it."

Actually, a minor addition, should he have have a resistance to precog due to the dark side of the force clouding the future and preventing other force users from predicting his actions?

Looks good, but I question, why would Luke get resistence to everything in Palpatine's arsenal?

Like, why would we assume that Palpatine used every single one of his abilites against Luke in their fight?

Via Force Resistance, which grants a blanket resistance to all other offensive force powera

WeeklyBattles said:
Via Force Resistance, which grants a blanket resistance to all other offensive force powera
Oh, is that a thing?

Then I support the upgrade.

The Senate is making his comeback.

Ive been informed that Sidious' Force Resistance should give him a resistance to soul and death manip due to the fact that he should be able to resist Nihilus' powers

As a note, that quote is about Dark Empire Sidious where he spent like 10 years just studying and training super hard. So it should only apply to that key. Also I'd be hesitant to give him unquie force abilities like Cade's heal lightning and instead just the powers anyone can learn.

> resist Nihilus' powers

RotS/Post-TPM Legends Sidious taught Dooku the ability to resist a weapon that uses force drain. So he would also know how to use that ability (assuming he isn't like King Kai or something).

It wouldn't even scale to Luke imo. He's stronger than Sidious but that doesn't mean he's as knowledgeable in the force or knows as many powers.

I mean I'm unsure, If Luke is hyped up as the be all and end all of the Jedi wouldn't he likely know? Especially since he's outstripped the other Jedis and attained forms and techniques some could not imagine

Mace Windu is stronger than Ancient Sith like Naga Sadow or Vitiate, but does he know more stuff than them? Galen Marek is stronger than Darth Vader (at least Pre-RotJ) but he doesn't know nearly as many abilties. Luke is stronger and knows a ton of stuff, but that doesn't mean he would have Sidious' vast knowledge of the force.

That's not what i'm arguing.

Mace Windu was a jedi who occasionally empowered himself with Dark Side.

Vitiate was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Not commenting on Malek

Furthermore Luke learnt techniques completely unknown to other jedi masters and spent years acquiring Holocrons to my recollection. That's not a bad argument

I get him knowing more than others, but I see no reasonable argument to give him the level of knowledge Sidious has. More strength does not mean has every non-unquie ability ever shown in the series.

Except I'm not using strength as an argument (Besides someone above argues that he'd likely have some resistance to Sdious' stuff)

Yeah he'd have resistance since you can resist a lot of force powers by just creating a force barrier.

Back