• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
This staff thread has been accepted. With it comes a much harder definition of what travel speed is
If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.
Now the point of this thread is that I'm making the claim that every single MFTL+ feat currently scaling upper tier Legends characters are entirely travel speed.

Darth Sidious
The text used to for this feat going by the calc blog
EMPEROR: The Rebels had their chance! They had years to reclaim the galaxy, while my discorporate mind drifted across the empty reaches of space, to return to this cloning chamber. I spent five years in hiding, while your friends tried to fufill their dream. But without the Jedi Knights, they failed miserably. And now, I have outflanked them! Working in secret, I have created weapons such as the galaxy has never seen! These World Devastators are utterly invincible. They are invunerable to attack. Even if every member of the crew were destroyed, the ships themselves would continue in their destructive purpose, directed by a special master control program which I maintain.
He had spent over a year disembodied, formless, drifting through the maddening void of the Dark Side.He had never foreseen having to transport his spirit so far across space. He had nearly dispersed forever, but he had survived, and now need never fear death again.
When Darth Vader hurled Emperor Palpatine to his doom, it seemed to Luke and the Alliance that the rule of Darkness had come to an end. But in that moment, when flashing blue energy rushed from exploded flesh, the Emperor entered a bodiless transitional state. As conscious Dark Force he was translated across the Galaxy...
Basically his ghost flies in a straight-line for a year until it reaches Byss. This isn't combat speed

Vitiate
The calc blog

Its literally the same as Sidious' feat. His presence flies in a straight line to a planet he already knows about. This isn't combat speed

The Ones of Mortis
Their justifications are as follows
(Capable of traveling across the galaxy/universe on his own. It was repeatedly stated that should the Son escape Mortis, he would "sow terror across the universe"
Flying in the void of space is no longer considered combat speed without evidence that they were preforming movements or rapid actions. This shows neither, so its just travel speed.

The World Razor
The calc blog

Of everything in the list this might be the closest thing to combat speed, but its still likely just travel speed. Its flying to stars and planet to destroy them. Not exactly something that requires fine movements.

Conclusions
Everyone currently scaled to MFTL+ gets moved to "At least FTL". Sidious and Vitiate gain MFTL+ travel speed as force ghosts and The Ones/World Razor also gain MFTL+ travel speed

the sidious feat was actually retconned

BookReaderImages.png

and as for mftl vitiate:
First the feat is entirely off screen. The next problem is Vitiate left splinters of his soul in different bodies across the galaxy, including Zakuul. Considering this, he may have done what sidious did, and warped space. The feat relies on too many assumptions to claim as valid.

and as for mftl vitiate:
First the feat is entirely off screen. The next problem is Vitiate left splinters of his soul in different bodies across the galaxy, including Zakuul. Considering this, he may have done what sidious did, and warped space. The feat relies on too many assumptions to claim as valid.
Plus didn’t he already gave Valkorion as a vessel?

For all we know that’s just range for possession.

MFTL+ travel speed for the ravage the galaxy/universe statements.
Is it the one with the Son statement in Disney Canon? I am unsure about EU since my knowledge of EU is pretty limited outside of Force Unleashed 1 and 2 including the comics and novels of Force Unleashed.

Hm Neverthless
Shouldn't celestial still be mftl+ even if the statament are range as they should be At least comparabile to the ship hypertime travel?
Like the daughter and son are the literal embodiment of Lightside and dark side so imo they should still be Faster than the ship or at least somehow comparabile
Thoughs. Might be wrong

Like the daughter and son are the literal embodiment of Lightside and dark side so imo they should still be Faster than the ship or at least somehow comparabile
Being able to travel in a straight line does not mean you can suddenly juke and jive at 40 million times FTL.

Not yet. I got distracted and forgot to do it. But it shouldn't take very long to do.

Well I applied the changes. Though this only made me realize how much fixing our Star War's profiles need. At least for Legends.

Anyways tell me if I missed anyone. If I haven't I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back