• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkness Blade vs. Dual Blades

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
No way FC/OC thread instead of a VSwiki thread!?!!?

Anyways The Black Swordsman vs. The Unbound Shadow. Two characters from the same universe but with different experiences and Unique Skills.

Arnice: 0 is 7-B

Kirito: 3 is 7-B and Final Burst is restricted.

Last edited:
No way FC/OC thread instead of a VSwiki thread!?!!?

Anyways The Black Swordsman vs. The Unbound Shadow. Two characters from the same universe but with different experiences and Unique Skills.

Arnice is 7-B

Kirito is 7-B and Final Burst is restricted.
Mind putting links to their respective profiles?

Arnice would start with Sonic Leap or a buff to herself/attempt to debuff Kirito. She’s also decently skilled, being one of the more well known clearers and an ex laughing coffin member

Matchup is pretty dead even for the most part, they both have access to sword skills, don't die easily due to their physiology and regeneration, and share about the same kind of experience

I think it goes to Kirito for the few things that overcome that fact

1: His speed scaling is so ridiculous that I don't think the page actually puts it in full perspective, now that I look back at it. Here's the jist:

Gergy, super early onto him starting his own end of the adventure, gets up to a weapon skill of 140, then manages to draw his sword in time to block a Supersonic blade flying into him from "literally centimeters away" (which was one of the few 100% accidental feats in the RP, may I be cursed for encouraging the escalation as I did)

Gergy progresses from that point, eventually merging his strength and weapon skill into his modifier to be comparable to Kirito's pure weapon skill at around 520, where having 200 more than someone is complete blitz material, since it would give you a modifier advantage of 20 on someone in a D20 system

Then, Kirito and Gergy have a fight and the latter is completely incapable of getting a clean hit the former once due to quick reaction boosting his in combat modifier significantly

So like, even starting at Mach 422 and facing off against 1282, I'm pretty sure Kirito actually is the one with the edge there

2: Deadly Sins would outright destroy her weapon, as opposed to slowly decay it overtime (with a weapon that would ideally be demolished the moment Kirito uses that ability), and he does have a slight AP advantage (50 to 59 Megatons), so getting a metaphorical good roll with that is fairly likely

3: She has no real counter to the darts, which bypass the resistances of the cast and lets them debuff Arnice... a lot more significantly than I remember good lord okay half enemy weapon skill and double his own that's not going to end well with the speed scaling context. I think they also can't be cured by Antidote crystals, but I didn't write that on the profile so I assume nobody properly tried and it was just an unconventional debuff that the clearing items didn't explicitly cover

Shadow step would definitely be a complication, but that can be countered via the yellow or white darts

Last edited:
Will reply in a bit, doing some breakers but I will say. Zamn, the darts seem scrazy.

Yeah they just sorta grabbed it from what I think was the last floor boss we ever did and instantly skyrocketed to being broken out of game

probably in game too if I had to be honest but quick reaction also made him genuinely untouchable

Huh, I was reading these and thinking "how does Shadow Step work? Depending on the answer she could be blitzed" only to notice there were new messages when I came back

Oh, on the speed scaling thing, I forgot the actual old school meta of these threads

Sword Skills added modifiers based off of the "magic skill" (holdover over a previous system), and by the end of the game pretty much everyone had at least a +20 to work with, so that's another layer of blitz on the pile

Edit: on top of even that, apparently Dual Wielding as a whole was so fast that nobody knew he could do it for a lot of the story but I don't think that adds much since I already brought up him doing a complete no-hit run on Gergy, but also on the other hand Starburst stream is explicitly a Sword skill x2 and Eclipse is even faster (to the point of adding 1-20 to the modifier, so)

Last edited:
Alright while Deadly Sins can destroy her weapon Arnice is (ironically) much better at fighting unarmed than with a sword. For a bit of a backstory she was born into a family of martial artists and the moment that the 2nd-floor quest for the Martial Arts skill tree was available, she booked it and spent her time mainly fighting unarmed until the 50th floor when she got Darkness Blade and switched to One Handed Blade.
"how does Shadow Step work? Depending on the answer she could be blitzed"
Basically, it turns the user intangible and invisible on activation (you just have to think), and it allows Arnice to move anywhere within 20 meters almost instantly for 1-2 seconds (similar to teleportation but it's not teleportation it's more akin to infinite speed). It's cooldown is 12 seconds
The effects of Darkness Blade stay even while unarmed and since she'd be unarmed she'd just go for a Shadow Step into Haganeri combo in order to grapple/disarm Kirito (which she has the LS advantage) so that she can start dishing a beatdown.

As for the dart, I think her best counter is just using Shadow Step to go intangible and then rush down Kirito.

But I think Arnice's best wincon is her ability to keep up pressure. Forgive me for using a fighting game analogy but her skills and decreased post-motion delay allow her to continually push out plus frames and basically lock Kirito in a nigh-gapless blockstring where his only option would be to DP but even then she can throw in a mixup.

now the real question is, will Incarnation come into play at all for either of them

I will agree those darts will serve as a big problem for her.
Edit: I guess this is if Arnice doesn’t speed blitz then Kirito would speed blitz
Edit 2: I will also say that I can imagine this battle being ******* crazy for any in-world bystanders not only due to the speed but due to the unique skills.

Last edited:
Alright while Deadly Sins can destroy her weapon Arnice is (ironically) much better at fighting unarmed than with a sword. For a bit of a backstory she was born into a family of martial artists and the moment that the 2nd-floor quest for the Martial Arts skill tree was available, she booked it and spent her time mainly fighting unarmed until the 50th floor when she got Darkness Blade and switched to One Handed Blade.
Even then, all the speed stuff I mentioned and certainly sword skill amps would probably mean her skills just sorta don't matter as long as she can't break Kirito's blade, since his sword skill amps would make him impossible to really defend against in general, much less with just one's bare hands
The effects of Darkness Blade stay even while unarmed
Honestly, thinking about it I'm not sure she'd even have a chance to wait it out that long, even if it's just an outright permanent debuff. Even without Final Burst, Kirito could do a ton of damage with his higher end sword skills
she'd just go for a Shadow Step into Haganeri combo in order to grapple/disarm Kirito (which she has the LS advantage) so that she can start dishing a beatdown.
The grapple is going to be hard to perform with the speed amps and other stuff, but even raw LS to LS, Kirito's Lifting Strength is also on a similar boat with the speed scaling, since he's 19 modifier points up from Asterius' Class K by just moving himself around, so I'm not sure if it would necessarily be that decisive
But I think Arnice's best wincon is her ability to keep up pressure. Forgive me for using a fighting game analogy but her skills and decreased post-motion delay allow her to continually push out plus frames and basically lock Kirito in a nigh-gapless blockstring where his only option would be to DP but even then she can throw in a mixup.
Post Motion actually straight up didn't exist in the original Tabletop, people had no downsides to just throwing out their sword skills the moment they were off cooldown. It was the reincarnation that introduced it properly (And even then, post motion isn't fun in a turn based system so it got negated if the attack landed properly), so Kirito's definitely the one with the high pressure here

I would quote all that but I think I will give this to Kirito. Seems Kirito just has a lot of stuff with his amps and the way that Tabletop worked in general so even though Arnice could win I think Kirito would take it 7 times out of ten

Now for Sachi vs Kirito from that one fate comic where Kirito will throw because he can't bring himself to kill sachi :)

Yeah, I figure as much

It's nice that I got to break out a skeleton in my closet to, for once in life, actually use it for something fun

Kirito for the reasons I gave

Imma add it to Arnice's page if you can add it to Kirito's

Back