• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkest Dungeon Revision

These changes look good. As an aside, is there a discussion thread for Darkest Dungeon? I want to bring up some stuff I know about the game, having played it and seen people play til its end, nothing serious yet, just discussion on it.

A discussion thread or dickchord server sounds good to me.
oh right i still didnt read the op ****

I can do a discussion thread for it, sure!

In any case, the things discussed here seem fine to apply? Just to make sure, the agreed changes are:
  • Speed is downgraded to Human level in movement speed (Athletic Human speed for the nimbler characters) and Transonic combat/reaction speed.
  • The Low 7-C feat is borked, and instead, the meteor falling is used and potentially calced.
  • Revise the profiles, so they can get to Bounty Hunter's profile standards.
I presume the changes will take time as the meteor feat and the BH basis will need to be elaborated upon, I think.

I think you could argue Subsonic or even higher movement speed, actually. With stuff like Protect Me or Defender characters can cross several meters in the span of a gunshot or whatever we use for speed.

Also one thing I'm unsure about, was the meteor completely undamaged by falling to Earth? Cause it we don't know that it's possible it doesn't scale to the fall at all.

I mean, can't the characters already dodge arrows? I swear there's enemies that wield bows in the game, so that could be some supporting subsonic stuff.

So a few questions, how do you explain heroes riposting a gunshot or ranged attack? Also the dodge mechanic is kind of weird also since you can also "dodge" a drum beat or a scream at you whenever enemies try and stress you for example, especially those that should ideally function like AOEs

We could treat the "dodging a scream" thing as them... dodging the sound waves, I guess? Dodging those kinds of things also happens to be somewhere around subsonic to even transonic.

Regarding the validity of calculating the Sleeper's Impact from Space

Also for the meteor feat, the game doesn't allude to much. You could argue that the shards are a result of the meteor fragmenting into many pieces but we know that all that crystal is actually a result of the Sleeper as the Farmstead is described as,
Some blazing malevolence from beyond the stars has crashed upon the Miller’s farm. Lands that have, in past years, yielded rich harvests are now sown with a new and terrifying seed—an unrelenting crystalline consumption that inches outward from the mill with each passing season.
So it's more likely that the shards we're harvesting are actually a result of the Sleeper itself growing rather than the comet fragmenting.

Alternatively, you can look at its inspiration, Color Out of Space, where iirc, the meteor does not fragment but shrinks over time, and that does track with the Sleeper's appearance, but that's a little too much speculation. What we do know is that the meteor functions more or less like an egg/seed that sprouted the entire corrupted farmstead, which does eliminate the possibility of the shards being fragments of the meteor proper.

Consider that most of the blue fragments as well are limited to the area of the Farmstead,

There isn't anything that explicitly states that the meteor did or did not break, but I would personally lean on the latter.

I think you could argue Subsonic or even higher movement speed, actually. With stuff like Protect Me or Defender characters can cross several meters in the span of a gunshot or whatever we use for speed.

Also one thing I'm unsure about, was the meteor completely undamaged by falling to Earth? Cause it we don't know that it's possible it doesn't scale to the fall at all.
That's a good point.

Good question. I gotta check later, but if you had to ask me right now... I'd say I don't remember any statement about the meteor being broken or not.

So a few questions, how do you explain heroes riposting a gunshot or ranged attack? Also the dodge mechanic is kind of weird also since you can also "dodge" a drum beat or a scream at you whenever enemies try and stress you for example, especially those that should ideally function like AOEs
Generally, at least from my experience, that kind of feat means that the character can react to that thing, (Sound/shockwaves, explosions, etc.) and "dodging"/"parrying" is just a misnomer of the actual action.

Eh, I don't think that increasing torchlight through it directly means that they are essentially working like fire. Torchlight is only what you have to keep the area visible/shiny, and if the light itself increases it it's because, well, is light.

Actually, to reiterate their stances, I believe that it's because the light generated does not necessarily meet the wiki standards of true light. The light for some reason stays for a few turns, and also could very well be magical light

Just a question: why does the Vestal's attacks generating torchlight invalidates them from being true light?
It doesn't invalidate it being light, it's just not an evidence to lightspeed. Similarly to how I can flick a glowstick at someone, which emits light, but said glowstick isn't lightspeed.

I think most people here more or less agree with everything, it's more or less just getting the calcs that can help rectify this

I started replaying Darkest Dungeon and I just noticed that depending on the torchlight strength PCs and enemies gain a variety of buffs. Does this mean anything or is it just game mechanics?

I think it's just a way to integrate what light in a dangerous dungeon might cause in gameplay. For example, since the dungeon is normally dark and its inhabitants would be used to that darkness, a sudden bright light might surprise and blind them for a bit. And since those monsters are more used to the darkness, they become more effective fighters in that darkness.

Aye. It is moreso a debuff for them to be in light, it's sub-optimal fighting conditions for them.

Anyway, what do we need to calc? For speed I think the best we'll get is a position 4 character guarding a position 1 character from a sound attack used by a row 1 enemy, as for AP idk, slightly sus on the meteor.

unknown.png

I found another text about it, nothing to imply it broke or survived but is it still helpful?

Didn't the Hag's pot used to be able to dodge attacks? I swear it could at one point lol

It's a matter of finding an acceptable endgame feat given that the Sleeper collapsing the cave and the current Heart of Darkness causing a planet to explode isn't acceptable, which is a little difficult to find at the moment.

As I understand basically all current feats are bunk so a bunch more should be calced

I'm pretty sure there's no problem with the Swine King but the Low 7-C feats + Light Dodging feats are invalid

Finally got around to making the speed calc

Personally I don't think the Swine Calc is good to use either, with the animation being so limited I think it's silly to take it literally, especially since it would lead to assuming the characters just move in snapping, Supersonic motions even when it comes to healing or buffing. I mean, that logic would apply to literally every NES game.

But if we do use it, then characters should be Supersonic in combat speed, since that's the speed that attack is at and they can react to it.

How do we decide what speed is acceptable for the Swine King in this case? Or perhaps we can scale the early game heroes to the Brigand Pounder instead?

I mean it depends on common agreement, personally I think using the snappy animation for speed is kinda sus get it because the swine king is a pig and their scientifical name is sus scrofa if that is agreed to be the case then brigand pounder or similar stuff is the best we've got featwise.

How do we decide what speed is acceptable for the Swine King in this case? Or perhaps we can scale the early game heroes to the Brigand Pounder instead?
It is essentially a matter of opinion, to answer your actual question.

Actually, where does the public opinion like on that here? Been a while

Back