• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls forgotten calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people that follow dark souls on this site know what this is about. There are currently at least three calcs that have been completely abandoned when the 6-B and 4-C feats came along. The problem is that the forgotten calcs: the low 7-B, 7-C, and new 8-B One were completely glossed over multiple times as a result. Now the 7-C calc is both probably irrelevant, though I can think of a character that doesn't share the low 7-B feat scaling; and the calc lost its pictures due to age (I assume the website that had the picture was deleted). The low 7-B calc is completely accepted and was used here for years (the tree melting feat, I'll try to link all of them at the end). But who the low 7-B scaled to has been repeatedly discussed but never concluded. The other 8-B feat we have was recalced twice but I've heard that it never got evaluated or at least it wasn't evaluated on the calc's page and the verdict was lost to time.

So I've made this thread so we can directly talk about these calcs and finally conclude with them rather than have them reappear like ghost every once and a while only to disappear soon after.

7-B calc: https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/dark-souls-feats.1139713/

7-C calc: https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/dark-souls-feat-ceaseless-discharges-power.35981/ (I recommend this one be redone due to the pictures disappearing)

8-B calc: User_blog:ThePerpetual/Dark_Souls_III:_The_Curse-Rotted_Greatwood_Smashes_the_Floor

Currently:

The 8-B feat's middle end of 45 tons was accepted

The 7-C feat is going to be used for demons more powerful than Asylum demon level demons and the more powerful demons will upscale from it. The feat may need to be recalced.

The Low 7-B had a 4-C helping so how much of it was done by the 4-C is unknown so we're not using it.

First comment on scaling if any of them go through. I think Ceaseless Discharge and demons that are powerful, but not as powerful as Quelaag should scale to the 7-C (or if it gets recalced, what ever that tier is) rather than thelow 7-B one as he's stated to be weaker than Quelaag (I've heard multiple times that the low 7-B accounts for the amount of witches so Quelaag scales).

I did read it but I think Ceaseless Discharge should scale to his own feat rather than the low 7-B one because he's stated to be far weaker than his sisters; also I find it strange that silver knights are 8-B despite hunting Everlasting Dragons (I've heard they barely seceded and many knights died but they still killed Everlasting Dragons).

Other than that it looks good.

Iirc Gough specifically stated that they were getting yeeted by the dragons.

I think they scaling to 8-B seems to make sense, considering they did fought demons when the Witch made the chaos flame.

Wasn't he talking about Kalameet, one of the strongest dragons out there. I guess if he's talking about dragons in general it's fine but if he was referring to Kalameet that more says something about the dragon than the silver knights.

Just reread the 8-B calc and saw that Bambu accepted the 45 ton end, so I guess that's the end we're using now.

He said dragons in plural so I guess it's just dragons in general.

Feels weird that Gwyn personal army doesn't scale to the one thing they ever fought but Gwyn and the lord did do most the work so I guess it's fine

Losing 60 silver knights doesn't mean they would be over a thousand times weaker as they could harm the dragons, but I really don't want this thread to just be about the silver knights because it effects none of our profiles so I'll drop it.

Keeweed said:
Losing 60 silver knights doesn't mean they would be over a thousand times weaker as they could harm the dragons, but I really don't want this thread to just be about the silver knights because it effects none of our profiles so I'll drop it.
Silver Knights were using weapons specifically made to be effective against dragons, with the weapons being imbued with lightning and being shaped to best lodge themselves in between their scales. Physically speaking they were nothing compared to dragons

Fair enough; it's been a while since I've play dark some 1 so I forgot about Gough saying they were fodder. Now I regret bring them up since I don't even think they're getting a profile. On a profile that will probably happen what do people think of Ceaseless Discharge should he scale to his sisters or should his feat be recalced because I remember him being stated to be weaker than his sisters.

I said awhile ago that I'd be cool with adding a new bit of scaling in demons of note being scaled to Ceaseless Discharge. He doesn't really have a reason to scale to 6-B, and he's clearly above the Asylum Demon or Curse Rotted Greatwood. Similar can be said for the Carthus Sandworm, Demon King, and the daughters of Izalith. So I think that calc should be used, don't really care if it gets redone.

What about the low 7-B calc. I was thinking about the 7-C calc because Ceaseless Discharge is stated to be far weaker than his sisters so basic demons above the Asylum demon level would scale but the Daughters of Izalith should scale to the low 7-B one because that feat apparently account for the number of witches in the feat. I mean if the low 7-B calc is unusable that's understandable but it was a feat that used to be accepted and we still have all the information on it while the 7-C one is the one missing pictures and was never accepted on this site before (once again, I'm fine with either one, or both, being used; just trying to figure out who scales to what and what is actually accepted on the site).

Low 7-B was done by Izalith and her daughters, but we dunno how much of that is Izalith, who would scale to the Lord Souls anyways (4-C). So I disagree outright with dividing it evenly between them.

Ok then; should we recalc Ceasless Discharge's feat or do yo think it's usable as it is.

I'd say it is probably useful but without images I can't be sure. Basically the guy who did it is pretty reliable and we regularly reference his stuff on the OBD. I'd be fine with using it.

If they're reliable enough then I think it could make a good place holder if we every decide it needs to be recalced.

Edit: Is there a ceaseless Discharge sandbox page yet or can I make him a page in my sandbox.

{Replace this bracket with the normal kind, put the link in here and put a space after it to put the visual text}

Example: {www.google.com google sucks}

In Action: imgur sucks

Ok so I've made the Ceaseless Discharge profile on my sandbox (linked last comment), can you look over it to see what should be changed about it.

Okay so your formatting is a mess, I'll fix it for you I guess.

No worries, I've adjusted the page a bit.

On his intelligence the charred orange ring says that the Ceaseless Discharge was know to be a fool, that's why I had probably average because I'm pretty sure he more likely to be below average human intelligence rather than above average, but maybe I took him being a fool to literally.

Also now that I read it not only did I forget large size again (I meant to add it but I went to the movies and forgot); we do have magma manipulation as a power (I was looking for lava manipulation). Thanks for your help.

Is it now good to post or should I wait?

Being foolish can occur while being intelligent.

Dunno if it is good to post but the coding should be fine so you shouldn't get the wrath of a Content Mod if you do. I don't remember the fight much so if they have other stuff I wouldn't know.

I read over his moves on the dark souls wiki. There isn't really anything else to add.

I find being both above average and a fool to be contradictory, but he is a gaint molten lava man trying to look after a ring for thousands of years so I guess I can see where he would eventually slip up.

I feel like this thread is pretty finished for the most part. The low 7-B calc was rejected, 7-C is being used (may get recalced but probably unnecessary), the 8-B feat's mid end was accepted, and the scaling seems to have already been discussed so this can probably be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back