• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is also the connection between the Wyvern and storm,it can can maniplate wind and NK can also manipulate wind after absorbing its soul.

Everything during the boss fight is linked with NK and Stormdrake,not the bell,the bell summons NK,not the storm.

Hellbeast1 said:
Honestly though the reason I feel it's too speculative is it's not clear whether the Drake's power is even related to that of the storm (I mean it could relate to a lot of things)

Also since the bell rings just before the storm is formed and dispersed it seems far more likely the bell does it rather then the Nameless King (Who has no real indication of being responsible other then being there and his mount's name)
Like what? 'Cause I certainly can't think of anything aside from maybe the Storm Ruler and that's a BIG maybe.

As for the bell thing, it also coincides with the Stormdrake's arrival and the Nameless King's death, the latter of which could be argued to only have a delay in the same manner a building doesn't immediately collapes when severly damaged.

Though I'm strating to feel that the ultimate problem in this whole thing, from both angles, is speculation. So, if Country level is kept, maybe profiles should be changed to account for that. For example, we have Early Game, Mid Game, Late Game and End Game keys, where Mid Game is "At least Large Town level, likely/possibly Country level" from scaling to Qualaag for contributing 1/14th of the power to melt the stone archtrees and who should be comparable to her sister, who could briefly fight off a Late Game Chosen Undead just before they fight the Bed of Chaos. This is all assuming 6-B is here to stay and is merely a suggestion anyway.

Regardless, I hope something resembling a conclusion comes from this.

I think that assuming a bell has the power to randomly generate the storm is a bit much. It only goes away after you obtain the NK and the Stormdrake's souls (Remember, it continued after the former obtains the later's soul), and the Stormdrake is not only called the King of the Storm but displays weather manipulation.

But activating the bell is what summons the storm.

It isn't:

Pull lever -> Bell rings -> (Stormdrake altered and summons) storm appears

It's

Pull lever -> Storm appears -> Bell rings.

The argument that activating the bell is simply alerting the stormdrake and NK, and then they create the storm is almost certainly false. The only way it could be true is if we assume that there is some unseen, unimplied mechanism that alerts them. Which requires a huge assumption compared to the theory that activating the bell is what summons the storm.

It's not really that much of a stretch, though? The bell is clearly not what dissipates the storm. And the Stormdrake clearly displays influence and power over it.

We could just go with "At least City level" (scaling from the witches' calc), possibly Country level (Scaling from the storm calc)

The stormdrake actually never displays influence and power over the storm. The absolute most it shows in terms of "weather attacks" is flapping its wings and sending a gust of wind at you... which could easily just be because it is flapping its wings rather than weather manipulating the air while flapping its wings. All it has is the transposed weapon saying "uses the power of the storm" and its name.

And the bell could certainly be what dissapates the storm. The bell rings and the storm is summoned, once the fight is over the bell rings and the storm goes away. That's a very close connection between the two.

A title is not a demonstration of weather manipulation though. And the Nameless King isn't shown to gain any abilities either. Your argument is circular. "The storm stays because the Nameless King took the Stormdrakes soul which let it control the storm, thus proving that the storm drake's soul controls the storm"

he generates winds around his weapon and he can create wind waves

also why would the workshippers of the dragons create a storm summoning bell, when they have no reason to ?

Kepekley23 said:
> His name is King of Storms
> A storm appears when you're fighting him, dissipates after he dies

This is self explanatory. Ain't no rocket science. No blast offs.
This

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah the Stormdrake / King of the Storm having power over the storm there is undeniable.
It's entirely deniable. Having the power of "the storm" from its soul transposition sure, but being the one controlling the arena storm when the bell is shown to be what is summoning and dispelling it is a leap in logic.

Overlord775 said:
also why would the workshippers of the dragons create a storm summoning bell, when thier main objective is becoming dragons ?
Many possibilities.

I could, but you'd dismiss them all as evidenceless assumption.

Which is really the problem here, because there isn't enough evidence to say for sure what is actually going on.

I we just......make the bell thing a game mechanic for now and focus on feats and everything eles?

This is start to become a circle.

Hizack123 said:
Kepekley23 said:

This
Monarch Laciel said:
Kepekley23 said:

> Except that's not his name. That's his mount's name.
> Except it appears when you ring a bell, and it disapates when that bell rings again. Before you fight him, and after he dies, not at the same time.

Monarch Laciel said:
I could, but you'd dismiss them all as evidenceless assumption.
Which is really the problem here, because there isn't enough evidence to say for sure what is actually going on.
then let's just put this as "possibly 6-B"

it seems the most logical conclusion to me,as there's not conclusive evidence for either the dragon side or the bell side

Hizack123 said:
I we just......make the bell thing a game mechanic for now and focus on feats and everything eles?
This is start to become a circle.
How about we don't dismiss something as game mechanics when it most definitely doesn't fall under game mechanics just to support one side of the argument over the other?

It's becoming a circle because we're just throwing the same arguments at each other now. Just let it be decided by the votes.

>is his mount that strong and Nameless king is even stronger, should he scale?

And why not just push "weather manipulation via king of storm"?

Due to it is his mount, he should be able to maintain the storm with his own power. I mean he can use magic anyway.

@Element, it's speculation that a single line of text on an item leads to a dragon being the one creating and maintaining the storm that's appearing and disappearing is clearly linked to the ringing of bells.

But we'll go with Possibly then.

Hizack123 said:
>is his mount that strong and Nameless king is even stronger, should he scale?
And why not just go with "weather manipulation via storm king"?

Due to it is his mount, he should be able to maintain the storm with his own power. I mean he can use magic anyway.

@Monarch At least I have something more to work with than a pair of cutscenes that, otherwise, aren't explained.

But yeah, can we end this please before things turn south?

"At least City level (defeated Quelaag, who can generate [ this much ] energy with her mother and sisters), possibly Country level (defeated the Stormdrake and nameless King, who were possibly responsible for the creation of a storm of [ this magnitude ] "

Good enough?

Monarch Laciel said:
"At least City level (defeated Quelaag, who can generate [ this much ] energy with her mother and sisters), possibly Country level (defeated the Stormdrake and nameless King, who were possibly responsible for the creation of a storm of [ this magnitude ] "
Good enough?
yes,it is.

Also somebody should re-check the calc, to see it needs to be re-calced

Monarch Laciel said:
@Gargoyle wait and chill, no need to repeat yourself. You'll get your answer at some point
Issue is, considering the 7B calc was done with the mother and her sisters Im wondering if we divide the calc or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back