• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, nothing in the DLC and the place itself indicates that. You are misinterpreting why they use the term "World's end" in the story. It's because the world is literally ending.

I am not a guru in Astrology but An eternal moon hangs above the city, never fading,I copied. Does that mean anything?Also,i think we are out of subject anyways......

Some areas like Majula show a setting sun when lost Bastille is already so far away it's always Night time, this should prove that time zones are static and do not change

Is it poetic because you want it to be so?Or is it really that?

Because as I see,the Moon never fades from Anor Londo's sight.

You do realize that that argument would make the First Flame sustaining the world more impressive, if different regions are literally isolated from each other across time as you're suggesting.

The moon doesn't fade because the player character never stays long enough in the area for time to change, and because Timezones aren't programmed in Dark Souls. Backgrounds are mostly stactic as they are with 99.9% of games. That doesn't mean time is literally frozen in certain regions.

Timezon's aren't programmed but we have the Lore,it tells us literally.

You do realize that that argument would make the First Flame sustaining the world more impressive

This isn't bad,I am on the right side,and support everything that is right and reasonable.

Unholy Bindings said:
So it's a coincidence that on the other side of carthus tomb is the farron swamp with a mid day time zone?
time and space are convoluted in Lothric, this is highly shown by the Undended Graves, where we litterally walk in the past, to a time before Ludleth sacrificed himself to link the fire.

Why didn't we have a rule saying "Don't discuss Star Level" and start deleting comments afterwards?

Would still have been a garbage thread, but it would have slightly helped

You don't solve a problem by putting it aside. This is a community and people wanted answers, which they didn't get. Unhappy community leads to protesting and so on. But these problems are not for Monarch's thread and should be dealt with elsewhere.

As for the thread itself, it seems it has come down to whether the storm is made by the bell or the drake. Monarch's reasoning involving the bell seems to make more sense to me.

Gargoyle One said:
Why didn't we have a rule saying "Don't discuss Star Level" and start deleting comments afterwards?

Would still have been a garbage thread, but it would have slightly helped
I think we do have a rule given we have had like five threads on it.

You are the last person who should decide that Weekly, you've done nothing but outright deny any kind of downgrade related to Dark Souls. At least Matt and Monarch went through an ordeal to deal with this

This coming from the guy who promised he'd stay out of dark souls debates

Sorry I have the right to agree with people

Huh? Since when have I been nice?

The point is you downright disagree with any kind of downgrade even if we bring scans, just like the time we were downgrading Sunlight spear

You could at least try to make an effort

I'm really doubtful myself. The Stormdrake / King of the Storm being the one behind it seems just as believable, and it aligns nicely with the defeat of the boss signaling the storm's fading.

Please try to be patient with and respectful towards each other within this wiki. If you don't, everybody will end up thinking that it isn't fun to be here anymore and nothing will get done due to all of the bickering.

Also, the staff are doing their best to help out under very difficult circumstances.

Sigh. Ok, I'm going to break my silence for a moment and ask... has anyone even acknowledged my previous comment's existent. The one that brinks up the Storm Curved Sword's item description. So can someone please comment on it:

"Curved sword imbued with the strength of the Stormdrake.

The Nameless King, ally of the ancient dragons, fought beside the Stormdrake in countless battles. When the great beast fell, the king claimed his soul, as was the custom in the age of gods

Skill: Tornado
Imbue blade with the wrath of storm in a spinning motion, and follow with a strong attack to bear that wrath upon foes."

Also, I agree with Weekly. There needs to be a rule about this, because at this point, it's just tedious to watch. I can't imagine how awful it must feel for the people who've been arguing from the start of all of this. Anyway, in the meantime, I'm going back to silently watching.

Sorry. It's just that after posting it, it honestly felt like no-one even noticed after the thread was derailed. Anyway, back on topic.

Well, it's certainly more than anything I've seen otherwise. At least we have words to work with. And how's this any more speculative than what's been said here? Could you expand upon that?

Sorry if I come of as snarky or something like that, but I'm honestly just sick of seeing the constant arguments. It's kind of killed my excitement for Dark Souls in VS stuff to the point where I feel sort of impartial on the results.

P.S. really good at saying I'll be quiet and then opening my trap, aren't I?

1. Relatable
Honestly though the reason I feel it's too speculative is it's not clear whether the Drake's power is even related to that of the storm (I mean it could relate to a lot of things)

Also since the bell rings just before the storm is formed and dispersed it seems far more likely the bell does it rather then the Nameless King (Who has no real indication of being responsible other then being there and his mount's name)

Do you really believe that the storm was summoned by the bell?When we have a Wyvern that can use wind attacks and nameless king that can also use wind attacks after absorbing its soul.

It is more reasonable than the magical bell.

When the bell is stated to be able to manipulate the weather and when it rings the storm around it either is formed or dispersed? Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back