• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark of the Moon Megatron CRT: Fixing his Scaling.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
So this has been bugging me for the longest time now. We currently rate DotM Megatron as his weakest incarnation because of him getting easily killed at the end of the movie by a one armed Optimus Prime, however there's multiple feats that say otherwise, such as the Canon Prequel Video Game that released before the movie showing the same Megatron absolutely thrash Optimus Prime at his best with all of his gear including his Flight Tech as shown here. There's also the fact that he was capable of tearing Sentinel to pieces when not even Optimus hitting him with his sword directly in the back of the head with his sword did much damage, meanwhile Megatron hits his head twice without any weapons which are greater than a cybertronian's normal punching power and completely takes his helmet off it. It's at 4:35 but watch it from 4:30 to make sure you see it in full.

Now I can hear everyone saying 'Then why did he die so easily in the movie?' It's because Optimus suddenly gained Plot Armor as you can see by Megatron's gun malfunctioning when he tried to shoot and kill Optimus, allowing Optimus to hit him with his Axe and stunlock him into burying it in his head. We saw what happened last time they fought, Optimus got his ass whooped in a Canon Fight where he had every single advantage.

TL;DR DotM Megatron is an absolute monster and we should treat him as such.

EDIT: Here's the director of High Moon Studios confirming the game is Canon.

Last edited:
Because I told you about all of this, I of course agree.
You told me about 40% of it, including the video I edited at the end. The rest of it comes from first hand observation, like the fact that it took me this long to notice Sentinel just tanking Optimus' sword hitting the back of his head yet Megatron shit on his helmet with a regular kick and punch.

I’m kinda neutral on this. Because Megatron did take sentinel off guard by shooting him from the back three times with his fusion cannon shotgun, and then proceeding to target that same area when he rips into that same area after it should of been already damaged in the first place. And when he beat Optimus in the game, Optimus did get up afterwards to immediately without shockwave without much issues despite being hurt (tho that can just be saying something for Optimus more than anything)…

Though it still doesn’t take away from the fact that Megatron did beat flightech Optimus with all of his gear in the first place, did far more damage to sentinel than Optimus did either way, and has spent a long time before the start of DOTM recovering as well. So I think maybe Megatron should be equal to his first 2 keys or even comparable to his first one again, because his 2nd key is weaker than the first no?

and then proceeding to target that same area when he rips into that same area after it should of been already damaged in the first place.
Sentinel's front was actually undamaged and that's the part Megatron punched through and ripped off him.
because his 2nd key is weaker than the first no?
The guidebooks actually state Megatron got stronger in the second film. You can see it here in the little part labeled "Collateral Damage". Thank you for pointing this one out to me Fastestthingalive50.

You can probably excuse the swift kill by Megatron genuinely being caught off guard. I genuinely don't think he expected Optimus to have the nuts (and bolts harhar) to try and end him right there, when he was exhausted and probably tired as **** from all the bloodshed.

Either way, I agree.

Sentinel's front was actually undamaged and that's the part Megatron punched through and ripped off him.

The guidebooks actually state Megatron got stronger in the second film. You can see it here in the little part labeled "Collateral Damage". Thank you for pointing this one out to me Fastestthingalive50.
Oh that makes sense, so I agree fully now.

Is there a statement of prime getting stronger or something?

Back