• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Nights Metal

I've been wanting to, but (Besides the story arc not being finished) I haven't been following it.

Reppuzan has though.

@Ever the origin on the Batman who Laughs has just released so this is the perfect time to follow it.

Thing is I have no idea where to start.

But yeah, we have The Batman Who Laughs, The Devastator, The Merciless, The Drowned, The Red Death and Dawnbreaker. Did I miss any?

Murder Machine actually.

Start with reading: "Dark Nights the Forge" and "Dark Nights the Casting", youtube (if you wanna look at videos about it) should guide you from there.

At the very least, they scale to the core Justice League members.

All of the respective Batmen overpowered their Justice League counterparts, with The Devastator beating down Superman, The Merciless defeating Wonder Woman, The Red Death beating Flash, The Dawnbreaker beating Green Lantern Hal Jordan (albeit after a difficult fight), The Murder Machine beat Cyborg, and The Drowned beat Aquaman AND Mera simultaneously.

The only one without direct combat feat scaling is The Batman Who Laughs, but he's provided special cards to several of Gotham's rogues that give them a limited amount of Reality Warping, allowing them to twist parts of Gotham to match their own mindset (i.e. Riddler gets a giant labyrinth and a mech suit, Mr. Freeze's portion is frozen over and filled with giants made of ice, Poison Ivy's portion is overgrown with deadly plants).

Only recently has the Justice League made a comeback when Cyborg used the power of his Mother Box to channel the power of the Multiverse himself into himself and the Justice League. However, both Batman and Superman are still out of commission.

@Newendigo

Barbatos is powerful enough to make the Dark Multiverse, Batman's nightmares, into reality. There are at least 52 of them, but there's apparently one for every nightmare or latent fear, so he'd be in the Tier 2 range probably.

MMm, maybe he could be 2-B?

In Batman lost, he shows Bruce that there are thousand of dark universes in his realm, with a bunch of "Dark Batmans" appearing from multiple dark earths in the background.

But hey, that's just a theory!

I also recommend not eating before reading The Batman Who Laughs.

It has legitimately made me queasy.

The characters in Metal are actually really beast, for instance all of them killed their JL counterparts(Batman who laughs most impressively) Barbatos is easily 2-B or so due to the Dark Multiverse being made of thousands of nightmare realities.

@J-Man

***************.to has every single issue in Dark Nights: Metal as well as all of the tie-in issues.

The Justice League murdering is explicit in The Murder Machine and The Batman Who Laughs. The Merciless killed Wonder Woman with ease, The Devastator killed Superman, The Dawnbreaker killed the entire Green Lantern Corp and the Guardians of the Universe, and The Drowned killed Aquawoman (gender-flipped universe).

@Hell + Indeed, the Dark Knights are ridiculou powerful, Dawnbreaker single-handly the whole GL corps of his universe when he was just a child!

I'm suprised that nobody still has not mention the appearence of Dream of Endless yet. This says a lot of how huge is the event.

This event is amazing to say the least. Baebatos is probably in the tier 2 range, though it's hard to a say right now, the event is rather large in scope and has the attention of The Endless. The Dark Knights are also pretty hard to place, as the best I can see from them is "Stomped their universe" and their direct confrontation with the JL. I'm hoping for some clearer feats soon. The event itself is shaping up to be one of my favorites.

Reppuzan said:
@Newendigo
Barbatos is powerful enough to make the Dark Multiverse, Batman's nightmares, into reality. There are at least 52 of them, but there's apparently one for every nightmare or latent fear, so he'd be in the Tier 2 range probably.
The Dark Multiverse isn't just made of Batmans fear, it is made of everyone's nightmares

Link

As Snyder put it, "the idea is that everyone who goes in [the Dark Multiverse], whatever your worst fears and hopes are, they materialize around you. And you have to guide yourself through them down there."

In fact, hopes and fears are behind the Multiverse itself, Snyder said. "If enough people fear the same thing or hope for the same thing or believe in the same thing sometimes," Snyder said, "those worlds are the ones that form - or concretize enough - that they can be pulled up through the world orrery into the Multiverse itself."

So the Dark Multiverse can be hopes made real, or fears about the future made real - and if enough people believe the same thing, whether hope or despair, it can bubble up through the world orrery and become a permanent fixture of the DCU itself.

So wait, if hopes can manifest there too, could the dark multiverse also be the key to beating the Nightmare Batmen?

I know right? lol

Anyways, I'm thinking that most of the Nightmare Batmen have shown the extent of their powers by now. The exception being the one who laughs (He's shown stuff like being able to talk underwater which is weird).

But it should be mentioned that he stole the JL's confiscated tech, it should make him extremely dangerous if we give him a prep key

That would be kinda hilarious.

"Batman Who Laughs: I have a Nightmare Army!"

"Batman Who Hopes: We have parents!"

I see the idea of hopes becoming real kinda contradictorie to the idea of the Dark Multiverse, which should supposedly made of universes that are destined to collapse due to being worlds that should not ever have existed.

But hey, that is just- okay no...

@SD + I don't know honestly, but one thing I'm sure is that, a whole army of Batman's parents is not something that is going to happen anytime soon

I want to make my favorite Dark Knights. I.e, Red Death, Murder Machine and Dawnbreaker.

We were joking around lol

But I can see the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman and Martha Wayne Joker teaming up against them.

Yeah i feel like it'd be interesting to see a Thomas Batman (since we know they've emerged at multiple universe) or even an Alfred Joker (Imagine Murder Machine's reaction)

His constructs should be >>> Hal Jordan and the Guardians (Alternate Timeline ver tho)

Though I did hear Hal got amped coming into this fight.

@Somebody

Didn't see any amping here. Hal went toe-to-toe with Dawnbreaker, even if he ultimately lost.

I mean in his main series, something about becoming extremely "willful" and making his own ring.

But idk, could be wrong.

Beginning of Rebirth Hal was becoming a being made of pure willpower, he then went against all rules ( so typical Hal move) and forged a ring to stop himself from becoming pure will. Sent shock waves across the Universe in the process. Or at least its implied the forging was felt across the Universe.

Not that that is worth much, but it was awesome to see/read

Barbatos is the monitor of the dark multiverse so he could potentially be near the low tier 1 high tier 2 range especially since dream is getting involved

Back