• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I recall it's a NLF by default to claim that someone can adapt to stuff they haven't shown to before.
Its only NLF when the power you are implying to adapt against is far too broken or to different from what you had encountered first.

For example a person adapting against mind hax in verse has good case adapting to emphatic hax in matachup, or adapting against non-fatal haxxes as long as you are alive and functioning if you have feats for that.

Yes, but that isn't the case here as conceptual manipulation and plot manipulation are two whole different categories

It's certainly a stretch no matter how you look, to assume one can develop the ability to interact/resistance for a type of hax that's not related to whatever has been in their verse.

determining how broken or how different an ability is rather arbitrary like how one could link causality manipulation with probability manip but the abilities themselves completely do different things and empathetic manip is just a sub category of mind manip, so resisting the latter would translate to resisting the former you dont need RE for that .now dante was able to adapt to stuff he's never seen before so if you use said ability enough times on him. his body will adapt to it. that's just how his RE works. where's the NLF here?

determining how broken or how different an ability is rather arbitrary like how one could link causality manipulation with probability manip but the abilities themselves completely do different things and empathetic manip is just a sub category of mind manip, so resisting the latter would translate to resisting the former you dont need RE for that .now dante was able to adapt to stuff he's never seen before so if you use said ability enough times on him. his body will adapt to it. that's just how his RE works. where's the NLF here?
The plot part.

Even ignoring how wanked Plot is, there’s a difference between resisting/evolving against a tangible ability and evolving against the narrative that contains you.

Yeah, I don't really think we can jump the gun and assume Dante will adapt against Plot, while some of its uses are indeed similar to other abilities, fighting against the very plot is something never seen in the series so far

Yeah, I don't really think we can jump the gun and assume Dante will adapt against Plot, while some of its uses are indeed similar to other abilities, fighting against the very plot is something never seen in the series so far
we could. considering that's what reactive evolution does? he has shown the ability to develop resistances for things that he's never seen before. whats the difference in this case?
The plot part.

Even ignoring how wanked Plot is, there’s a difference between resisting/evolving against a tangible ability and evolving against the narrative that contains you.
you make it sound like plot manip is superior to every other ability by default that's not the case. it's an ability like any other. it's just very obscure and because of that few have resistance to it. stop glorifying plot so much

I've seen in older thread that getting resistance to the likes of cm type 1, plot or info type 2 through re is nlf if it is not in p&a.

we could. considering that's what reactive evolution does? he has shown the ability to develop resistances for things that he's never seen before. whats the difference in this case?
the basis of any Reactive evolution is literally to gain resistances to hax the user has never faced before so IDK why you keep insisting on that

you make it sound like plot manip is superior to every other ability by default that's not the case. it's an ability like any other. it's just very obscure and because of that few have resistance to it. stop glorifying plot so much
No one is saying plot hax is the strongest nor do we assume it to automatically be superior to everything else. It's in a totally different vicinity and specific feats are required to avoid NLF. That's how things work: feats, it's simple as that.

I've already told you plot in this case is definitely higher than type 1 conceptual manip, it's in no way less than souls and the two are just not related (in fact I've already conceded the point where dante wouldn't survive plot/narrative ending to begin with), so at the bare minimum you'd have to provide corresponding feats. We judge based on practical feats not just through assumptions, and I think we all know that so let's stop playing around.

Incon for me

Last edited:
the basis of any Reactive evolution is literally to gain resistances to hax the user has never faced before so IDK why you keep insisting on that
huh? No. RE doesnt just apply to resistances it could apply to AP, hax, speed etc. also doesn't that just prove my point?
No one is saying plot hax is the strongest nor do we assume it to automatically be superior to everything else. It's in a totally different vicinity and specific feats are required to avoid NLF. That's how things work: feats, it's simple as that.

I've already told you plot in this case is definitely higher than type 1 conceptual manip, it's in no way less than souls and the two are just not related (in fact I've already conceded the point where dante wouldn't survive plot/narrative ending to begin with), so at the bare minimum you'd have to provide corresponding feats. We judge based on practical feats not just through assumptions, and I think we all know that so let's stop playing around.
it's really not. has this plot manip ever affected 9D concepts that are > type 1? judging by what i've read so far it does not. also on what basis is it NLF? or an assumption for that matter? that is what the ability does. it gains resistances based on what's used on them. Dante had never encountered the Demon worlds haxes before and he adapted to them no problem. so why are we assuming he cant do it here? because he never faced plot before? well he didn't face the demon worlds stuff before either and he still adapted to it. can somebody explain how NLF would apply here?

btw about AE i've read her battle with Yang Qi. and nobody mentioned her "plot AE" in that discussion. i've looked through Yang Qis profile too and read what he can do in the thread itself. and nothing suggests that he could interact with "plot" so why is this only brought up here?

on what thread? and what type of RE are we talking?
There are lots of question threads search it on the forum obv I'm not gonna bookmark it, as for matches, Dante vs Alucard match, Dante cannot get resistance to his plot mani It was considered as nlf, Anos vs Dante match ended up stomp as well because Dante cannot re anos 99 layers of hax and, This whole thread in the first three pages is filled with one cannot re or adapt to something they haven't shown. Rimuru re let him have resistance to all his skill including the likes of cm 1( that time it was 3) , info mani but it was considered nlf that he could do the same thing to 99+ layers of cm. It is like saying you can create any ability even outside your p&a section if you have skill creation.

Anyways voting incon

Last edited:
The point isn't what Dante know, but what the series presents to us

Concept Hax ? DMC has it
Elemental Hax ? DMC has it
Time Hax ? Space Hax ? Mind Hax ? What Dante took, the series explained, it showed us scans and statements. Plot Manipulation has no business in the verse up to now

Dante maybe is capable to adapt, but it is, ultimately, an assumption based on other powers and lore

It is like saying you can create any ability even outside your p&a section if you have skill creation.
not really? Reactive Evolution requires the user to survive what ever the hell he's adapting to first. he does not create the ability or the resistance to it out of thin air.
Anos vs Dante match ended up stomp as well because Dante cannot re anos 99 layers of hax
yeah no whoever did that match was wrong on that fact. dante's RE can add layers of hax like CM,Soul and info..(pretty much everything that anos has execpt maybe for EE) as well as resistance to it. if dante survives long enough. he'll adapt
This whole thread in the first three pages is filled with one cannot re or adapt to something they haven't shown. Rimuru re let him have resistance to all his skill including the likes of cm 1( that time it was 3) , info mani but it was considered nlf that he could do the same thing to 99+ layers of cm
i've just read 2 pages of that cancer, help. anywho the whole argument about RE just devolved into
dude he cant use RE to adapt to anything that's NLF. you need to show feats of him getting resistance to anos' hax
how is it NLF when the basis of ability is to adapt to and increase ones limits?
still NLF. you need feats for that
basically useless for our case
Dante vs Alucard match, Dante cannot get resistance to his plot mani It was considered as nlf,
i remember that. i dont think anyone attempted to use RE to argue that dante can surpass alucards plot hax IIRC
The point isn't what Dante know, but what the series presents to us

Concept Hax ? DMC has it
Elemental Hax ? DMC has it
Time Hax ? Space Hax ? Mind Hax ? What Dante took, the series explained, it showed us scans and statements. Plot Manipulation has no business in the verse up to now

Dante maybe is capable to adapt, but it is, ultimately, an assumption
how is the verse's general hax relevant in this? cus even if plot hax was a thing in the verse. it'll be completely useless because their arguments would still apply. IE dante still has not faced plot shit before. does not matter what his verse has in this situation.

Going incon for now, Dante should be able to adapt to plot hax because it is nothing impressive for DMC verse, but i'm gonna go lazy route and wait for chinese boys to give me that wank since i'm already got alot of it for my next CTR.

you guy are just overated the plot manip and underestimated the RE hax,anyway like sevil say,why no one say shallow have some plot AE in her battle with yang qi ?you guy just say shallow can't do anything to him cuz of the trandual and acau

it's really not. has this plot manip ever affected 9D concepts that are > type 1? judging by what i've read so far it does not.
you do know it affects (puts an end to) other stories including Shiro-the last story which is 9D
it gains resistances based on what's used on them. Dante had never encountered the Demon worlds haxes before and he adapted to them no problem. so why are we assuming he cant do it here? because he never faced plot before? well he didn't face the demon worlds stuff before either and he still adapted to it. can somebody explain how NLF would apply here?
how is the verse's general hax relevant in this? cus even if plot hax was a thing in the verse. it'll be completely useless because their arguments would still apply. IE dante still has not faced plot shit before. does not matter what his verse has in this situation.
You seem don't get my point at all, or that you just nitpicking. If DMC has ever shown plot hax in verse, and it is shown to have at least the Epilogue's level of potency, then Dante would have a good chance of adapting it since he has adapted to the verse top-tier hax. I would be totally convinced on one more condition that Souls hax in-verse is treated at least comparable to said plot hax.

I'm not saying RE can't adapt to things the user has never faced before, we can assume it works so long as the character's RE is good enough to adapt most of the things in verse and said hax has to be in some way relevant to what has been shown throughout their series.

Yet it isn't Dante's RE can't adapt things he hasn't dealt with before, none of my posts indicates that, it's because that plot hax is utterly irrelevant to Dmc as a whole (again not being superior, but in no way inferior either), they are just not related so it's very much a stretch to assume what you guys proposed

btw about AE i've read her battle with Yang Qi. and nobody mentioned her "plot AE" in that discussion. i've looked through Yang Qis profile too and read what he can do in the thread itself. and nothing suggests that he could interact with "plot" so why is this only brought up here?
Have to say I'm really not in favor of bringing up past VS matches but whatever, I could just say that with the evidence proving her AE I have brought it is just insignificant. Especially when you look closely in the thread, the person who made the blog that contains ''Final Story'' stuff himself wasn't voting anything, he said that Shiro couldn't possibly do anything to Yang Qi cuz of that Acausality 5 + (10) layers Nep 2 + Transdual *****, which is absolutely true considering the feats.
Others just aren't the verse supporters, Noneless didn't bring up for some reasons you can ask him, not my burden here.

Also same question why did Dante despite having layered High-godly struggle with a plot hax that isn't even at the same dimensionality of his soul? Literally no one tried to argue that Dante can adapt to plot stuff even if it doesn't kill him immediately.

you guy are just overated the plot manip and underestimated the RE hax,
If you had just read the whole thing you would know that I could have straight-up said that the Epilogue would just end Dante as no one in Dmc has yet shown feats to regenerate from narrative destruction. Which I didn't as I'm well aware that the ability is very easy to have things out of hand, so I actually did limit and be generous about him coming back from the Epilogue. The rest of your post is answered as above

Last edited:
the reason why Yang Qi stomp Shiro is because he got some busted Subjective Reality like Sun Wukong and I can quote from the Yang Qi's supporter like this
Some info:
His resistance layers were previously trillions for scaling above the psychic and PI scale but to Half-Annulled, the hierarchy means nothing and this match is his Annulled version who transcends Half-Annulled to the degree of existing in an inaccessible higher world which was unfortunately not accepted as High 1-C. ¯\◕‿↼

Anyways, he has passive fate, law, subjective reality, reality warping, powernull, deconstruction (possibly just AP), sense manipulation, chaos manipulation, paralysis and fear manipulation.

Sight based EE, Death manipulation, power modification, durability negation. Plus body, energy, soul, will, nascent divinity, etc, ignition.

Reality warping and fate manipulation through speaking. As well as his voice breaking laws, destroying voids, etc.

He resists everything his opponents has while his opponent does not. Not to mention his subjective reality, although this fight is happening on a neutral plane of existence, the fight is already taking place inside his subjective reality due it's sheer size.

He is also Acausality (Type 5), NEP nature (1 & 2), aspects (1 & 3). Also gains aspects 2 & 4 and transduality (Type 2) in nevasaññānāsaññāyatana. And possibly all of it in this key.

Not to mention he can kill abstract beings without actually eliminating what they represent and he has immortality type 8 negation. Wouldn't really matter anyways since above the Great Sage level he was able to kill someone + anything connected to their existence in one shot.

Lastly some of his equipment:

Some of his equipment:

Spear has passive corruption, sense manipulation, perception manipulation, Paralysis inducement, soul destruction, fear & powernull for other equipment. It also has other abilities, since it's made out of the essence of all hells I'll add some time in the future, like the hell of nightmares that does dream manipulation. Anyways, If hit by it, it has absorption or the destruction of your entire being (body, sea of energy/consciousness, soul, will, nascent divinity, vital essence, etc)

His armour (technically robe now) has passive powernull and attack reflection.

His wings have deconstruction or EE against other wings. It also has darkness manipulation
so ye, she ain't bypassing that that's for sure

I also need to add that at that time I didn't know Shiro's AE is busted to the extent that only plot manip user can interact with her, which i think is kinda makes sense given that she is the literal End herself, but saying shit like who's more abstract is not a fun things to do si imma give my two cent here

I also need to note that there's a being at Isekai at Peace that can theoratically block Shiro's plot manip, but she proceed to end that being anyway because yes, it's getting into the realm of incon much more than I thought tbh

The Epilogue is super easy to wank, but yea as Noneless has said Kuro's Prologue at its full potential is basically the 2nd most powerful thing in verse, giving it power beyond "Omnipotent" beings, don't pay attention to omnipotent, it's just a buzzword for the powerful characters.

Essentially even if someone could block the Epilogue, they would still end up as a "being who made it possible to block the unblockable Epilogue", and The Epilogue would still end her even though this is contradictory, just like how even if you killed Shiro before she uses the Epilogue, she would still "end the story of this being that has completely obliterated her".

Thinking about it, she probably should get some sort of Enhanced Law Manipulation since she seemingly is manipulating logic to do illogical stuff.

But yea even against an ability on a similar level the Epilogue would still win, as it does the contradictory, and not a single person or thing can resist their end.

I'm voting for Shallow, the arguments for Dante adapting to plot manip didn't really convince me.

Ironically, being 1-C seems like a curse in a way. There's almost no-one in the tier except Digimon, Fate, Umineko, Neptunia and now DMC. That's almost as monotonous as Death Battle's constant Marvel Vs DC match ups. And is there anything in the tier that would make a decent opponent for anything else in the tier, not counting two characters from the same verse?

Also same question why did Dante despite having layered High-godly struggle with a plot hax that isn't even at the same dimensionality of his soul? Literally no one tried to argue that Dante can adapt to plot stuff even if it doesn't kill him immediately.
That one is easy to answer. As you could obviously notice before we only have 1 collective brain cell and I have control of it for 90% of the time. So things only happen when I can do it :v

The other reason is because we forgot

Also, he has acausality type 4 and from a quick 30 seconds search no one in isekai at peace has that

You do know that Aca type 4 didn't bring like anything to the table right? Sure Isekai at Peace didn't have aca type 4 but Shiro's bread and butter is definitely her passive plot *****, and plot ***** can definitely affect aca type 4 being, aca type 5 is a whole another beast to play with

If I am not mistaken, I am sure that plot hax can affect acausality type 4 just not acausality type 5 (without feat).

You do know that Aca type 4 didn't bring like anything to the table right? Sure Isekai at Peace didn't have aca type 4 but Shiro's bread and butter is definitely her passive plot *****, and plot ***** can definitely affect aca type 4 being, aca type 5 is a whole another beast to play with
i remember that someone said shallow can erase the history of dante and sth like that,so yeah acau type 4 will help here a little bit,even though dante can regen from it

"Acausality is the ability to act unrestrained by conventional cause and effect, on a scale that varies depending on the character."
Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality.

Demons have this by being able to just don't give a crap about the world they are in, existing however they want regardless of how stuff works (there are some buts and ifs in verse but this is due to another god tier doing stuff). They are beings that predate the existence of the demon world (the 9D thingy) itself.

Do you have feats of her affecting acausality type 4? Because otherwise they just ignore whatever end or beginning you try to bring upon them and considering Dante is a demon.

"Acausality is the ability to act unrestrained by conventional cause and effect, on a scale that varies depending on the character."
Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality.

Demons have this by being able to just don't give a crap about the world they are in, existing however they want regardless of how stuff works (there are some buts and ifs in verse but this is due to another god tier doing stuff). They are beings that predate the existence of the demon world (the 9D thingy) itself.

Do you have feats of her affecting acausality type 4? Because otherwise they just ignore whatever end or beginning you try to bring upon them and considering Dante is a demon.
you can interact aca type 4 since they're technically still exist, it's just they're resist the conventional causality manipulation, and Shiro's hax is anything but conventional, most of her hax is CM type 1 based, and it was already established that plot hax can indeed affect aca type 4

this thread said it that those with plot manip can still affect aca type 4, ofc if plot manip is fate or causality manip level then Dante can resist it but Shiro's plot manip is on another whole level here since she literally bring her opponents their end on the narratives scale, so she still can delete him

Back