• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Glassman you madman, what do you think you're trying to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simple, I'm trying to unleash the wrath of chaos upon the world. Anyways with that out of the way, DMC 1 Dante vs Base Reinhard. Speed is equalized, and takes place on top of the tower in DMC 3.

Dante:

Reinhard:

Inconclusive:

Dante (DMC5)
Yes this isn't DMC 1 dante, but I'm lazy to find him. XP

Reinhardt

Also, I just noticed Rein has a baseline 7-B key, so I recommend switching to 7-B Rein vs DMC1 Dante (although Regulus' reasoning for his AP is rather shaky)

Alright, this should be better of a match.

Both Rein & Dante should be equal in AP. Reinhard has Precog & Regen. Neg, alongside the resistances, which would make Dante's weapons, that are elemental, less effective. However, Dante also has Time Stop, and that is something Reinhard doesn't seem to have a counter to. Can't really argue experience-wise, since I don't know the latter.

I think Dante should take this with TS after being pushed by Rein due to his advantages, but I'll wait for some time before voting.

Unless Dante leads with TS immediately Reinhard picks a future where he gets a lucky hit and lops his head off.

For those wondering, Reinhards precognition stretches to being able to perceive all possible futures depending on the action he takes.

Now, while he can't control the actions of his opponent I.E. Yhwach, I find it unlikely that of all the weapons Dante has he would instantly lead with time Stop.

If they get close, Reinhard is not going to be a dub fight, as the moment Dante goes on the offensive Reinhard will get a free hit.

Will this hit beat his regen? No not at first.

That said, a good hit will allow Reinhard another opening to get a hit on Dante's head, to which, one hit will allow him to kill Dante due to his regen not covering his head.

Schnee One said:
Unless Dante leads with TS immediately Reinhard picks a future where he gets a lucky hit and lops his head off.
Is it Fate Manipulation or Precognition? The way you worded it is confusing

The ability that's on his file :p

It isn't "I choose this future" like say Yhwach, it's "Do this as you have the best chance"

Wait

Shit I forgot Rein had Low Mid regen negation.

Nevermind, he doesn't bother with the head and goes for an organ stab

So yeah, he doesn't need a lucky hit, one good strike is enough.

Tony di bugalu said:
Why a free hit? Does he have like a massive experience/skill above Dante?
Skill not really

But when you look at infinite futures and you can make the one action that does best, pretty sure Reinhard dies "Whatever works"

Celestial Pegasus said:
No idea where Reihard seeing infinite possibilities is coming from, his precog is not that good.

He just has intuition that alerts him of danger and distinguishes attacks in advance.
O O F

My bad, not sure how I messed that

Not really that he wishes for it over and over, just that once he uses it, another version of it pops up, regardless it's endless resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back