• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That doesn't change what I said at all.

Last resort yes, but does Dante have any way to kill her before she uses it if he drives her into a corner?

Not in character immediately

Never in character, like ever.

Not fast enough.

Not enough AP or Dura and also not fast enough.

Going on Esdeath in-canon, she's fought regenerators before. Namely, Susanoo. SHe knew he could regenerate, and she know that he had a core as a weakness. Wouldn't she thus go for trying to stab Dante while mahapadma is up? Which she's done every time she's used Mahapadma, mind you?

Against Susanoo, she froze him and shattered him

Against literally every danger Beast in canon, she froze and shattered them.

She isn't going to randomly change.

"Try to stab Dante while Mahapadma is up"

Yes, and freeze afterwards, she can do both.

So, He will go hax more faster than her, lets just remember that she has a very notable AP advantage and with him being out AP (which is his main thing) he will resort to his abilities, and what abilities can help him here?

Time slow, doppleganger and BFR.

Also, remember Arkham, the guy who was cornering Dante to the point he was being mocked, when he got the chance he tried to BFR him.

Dante going for Hax first against a human character is out of the question, nor will he be pushed to the brink without knowing he's going to die.

Granted, this seems kinda mismatchy

If Esdeath shattering him in Stop wontvwirk, then she doesn't really have a win con

If it does, then Dante can't really reach her before that.

Esdeath likes to toy with her opponents but she isn't stupid. If she feels threatened she'll go straight for the kill and whip out her time stop. Dunno why this is being argued as a legit weakness for it, it's like me arguing Dante is cocky and overblowing that fact. Also using the wiki for AgK isn't a legit argument either. As for the pro Dante arguments I can see where it comes from but bringing him not dying by being frozen doesn't mean much, he can still be frozen obviously. This also has a lot to do with AP, if Dante is stronger than Esdeath then he can break out easily. If Esdeath is the stronger of the two then he's getting shattered into bits, and his regen isn't good enough to survive that.

I'd like to vote Inconclusive here, as while I consider DarkGrath's reasons valid, Schnee brought up fair arguments as well.

Is this a question? Dante stomps. Dante can easily just regenerate from her attacks and dante will just toy around with her and use quicksilver

Maxnumb is exaggerating here, but I think I'm still going for a pretty solid vote for Dante.

The ice shatter attack could definitely be dangerous, but it's not a likely win-con by any means. It's been brought up several times that Esdeath is unlikely to even attempt to use it and that it would be out of character. On top of that, Dante has been incased in ice before and demonstrated the ability to break out in a matter of only about a second, potentially even less, so Esdeath would have an extremely small chance to even use it. There's also Royal Guard, one of Dante's only hax agreed upon to be used very frequently in character, which has abilities such as Royal Release that could instantly break him out if Esdeath attempted to freeze him over as he has demonstrated being able to do so against similar attacks. On top of that all, it's often agreed that Dante is incredibly skilled at using Royal Guard against opponents with comparable speeds, which is especially applicable here since speed is equalised.

TL;DR: I'm not denying that Esdeath freezing Dante over would be harmless, not even close. It could be seriously dangerous to him. But with all factors considered, the chance that it will actually work as a win-con seems low.

The only other major ways that Esdeath could take the win other than with her freezing over ability is to rely entirely on AP and Skill, or to use Time Stop and overwhelm him.

Even if you assume that Dante won't use too many of his hax in character, it's been long agreed that he's fully willing to use Royal Guard. This easily gives him the ability to nullify any of Esdeath's attacks and reflect the energy of those attacks back at her, which means that her higher AP would make Release and Royal Release more powerful. Overall, it's possible to get the win this way, but it's not too likely even when assuming Dante will not use any of his other hax.

Time Stop is genuinely dangerous here, and I'm willing to believe it's a viable win-con for Esdeath. However, it can only be used for a very limited amount of time, and leaves her completely drained afterwards. Dante's regen means that it would be difficult to bypass this with her limited amount of time, and if she's not able to, Dante could quite easily get the win from there.

So while Esdeath undeniably has win-cons, and this is not at all a stomp like Max suggested, Dante still has a clear advantage here as every one of Esdeath's win-cons can be manipulated against her.

The only person who brought up that she doesn't do it in character I have literally shown lying to prove his point and proved it otherwise. Esdeath going for it is a definite.

Dante can reflect her projectiles, but reflecting projectiles isn't new in AGK as Esdeath has fought Susanoo who can do the exact same thing, so using Royal Guard will ultimately only really serve as a minor inconvienence.

There's zero evidence behind it draining her completely. At all.

Why would shattering not kill him? He has Mid Regen and you even admitted it would work....

But I go for Incon as well I guess.

Sorry, been a bit inactive recently.

Doesn't it state on Esdeath's page that using Time Stop drains her? That's what I was referring to on the post I made.

Also, I did not state that shattering wouldn't kill him. Not even close. What I was referring to was that all of the factors in hand with eachother meant that it's unlikely it would be the conclusion of the match, but it's still a win-con for Esdeath and it seems a bit more likely with your arguments in place.

Also, Royal Guard is widely agreed as being an extremely good form of attack reflection. Dante has shown excellent skill with it against opponents with comparable speed, and speed is equalised here. Also, considering that it can be used to nullify all damage and reflect the energy back at his opponents, Dante only needs to RG a few good hits to cause devastating damage. With the fact that it is one of the only hax he notably uses in-character, it's extremely applicable here.

Again, I'm still going for a High Difficulty win for Dante.

It drains her, certainly doesn't drain her fully tho. Otherwise she wouldn't fight five Low 7B assasins at once.

I don't get what you mean then, you say it's not a win con now you do.

That doesn't help against Time Stop, nor does it make him fast enough to tag her.

Again, I've not been saying it isn't a win-con. I'm saying it's not a reliable win-con, since win-cons vis plenty of other means are far more likely.

Though if Time Stop doesn't drain her fully, then I think that pushes her advantages a bit over the edge. I'll change my vote to Incon with everything in mind so far.

That doesn't make that Win Con less viable, the opposite actually.

And yes it doesn't drain her fully, I have an entire fight that took place after she stopped, not like it matters since he is dead if she uses it.

Back