• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Keys: DMC3 Dante (Low 7-B), Base Esdeath

Mindset: In-Character.

Speed: Speed is equalized

Dante VS Esdeath
Dante: 3 (DarkGrath, Tony di bugalu, and ZephyrosOmega)
Esdeath: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (RebubleUselet, and Schnee One)

This is interesting! I don't know much about Esdeath, as I've only just looked through her profile, but it seems like a good matchup.

So, Esdeath seems to have the AP advantage, though I can't say for 100% certain. Even so, it should be notable.

One thing that should be mentioned is that most of Esdeath's abilities are based around ice, seemingly, which puts them at a large disadvantage. Dante has some pretty good resistance to ice, having resistance to extreme cold and having experience fighting characters with similar abilities.

Dante also has a massive versatility advantage, with a wide variety of varied attacks and abilities that Esdeath does not have any resistance to, such as time slow, BFR, resurrection, healing, duplication (meaning Esdeath would have to fight two of him) and the overpowered goddess that is Royal Guard Attack Reflection.

Esdeath has Time Stop, which could definitely be a problem, however it seems she can only use it for a short time once a day before exhausting herself, and Dante's Mid Regen should be able to regenerate any serious damage she does once she uses that ability. Also, Dante's Time Slow can be spammed instead.

It would appear that Esdeath has the skill advantage, and I'd imagine quite a notable one. They are stated to be in the same intelligence category, and Dante is undeniably incredibly skilled in combat, but I'd still say Esdeath has a clear advantage in that category.

So Esdeath has a notable AP and skill advantage, but Dante seems to quite easily counteract most of Esdeaths abilities while following up with incredibly overpowered hax and abilities for his tier that Esdeath does not have any good resistance against. This includes being able to reflect all of Esdeath's attacks back at them, slowing down time, going Devil Trigger to get a massive AP, Durability and Speed advantage, duplicating himself to force Esdeath to fight two of him at the same time, regenerating from Esdeath's major attacks, and resurrecting in the event that Esdeath manages to kill him.

I'd consider this a high difficulty win for Dante. The AP and Skill advantage would be tricky to bypass, but Esdeath can't do much against Dante's better hax.

Dante can resist the temperature of her ice and break out of it via TP, has Mid regen to prevent KO and regen from most of her attacks and Royal Guard screws up most of her projectiles. His senses can likely detect any of her attacks from below

Yeah, basically my point there. Esdeath has an AP and skill advantage, but otherwise Dante's abilities almost seem designed to perfectly counter Esdeath's in almost every way.

Dante does not have the Regenerationn required to survive Esdeath shattering him to pieces, as that requires High Mid

So with that in mind it depends entirely on who pulls their win card first, to which I somewhat lean towards Esdeath on, given that her trump card is a guaranteed win while Dante's might be able to give him the speed advantage necessary to kill her before she does so

Neither fighter is fully serious from the Get Go, so I slightly lean on Esdeath by virtue of having a 100% guarantee of winning while she pulls her win card out, while Dante, even assuming he does pull his trick out, might be fast enough.

Voting Esdeath for now, but I can see Incon

I rememer Cerberus being able to freeze solid Dante and him breaking out of it rather easily.

DT is an insta I'm free button.

Dante can't break out when he's frozen in time Stop (Also pretty sure breaking out is a strength feat or he wouldn't be frozen to begin with but eh)

Esdeath wouldn't be able to shatter Dante to pieces, given that Dante has resistances against ice attacks and has very easily survived similar attacks before (though against notably weaker enemies, admittedly). Esdeath's only major definitive win-cons here are either:

1: Overwhelming him with the AP and Skill advantage, which is only really applicable if we assume Dante uses none of his hax

2: Using Time Stop and overwhelming him enough in the short amount of time that he can't regenerate from it, which is extremely unlikely with any of her regular attacks, and which would also exhaust her if it didn't work

Still leaning on Dante here.

Also if I'm not mistaken Dante's cold resist comes from him being able to survive in space which is pretty cold and the temperature comes close to AZ

Like what?

Assuming it's resisting through cold, that was debunked on a CRT a while ago, if it's "She doesn't use it immediately" it's true but she uses it when it's clear she's going to be hit.

Not what I was referring to. Cerberus has a move that completely freezes Dante over, and Dante is fully capable of easily surviving it. Again, Esdeath is definitely more powerful than Cerberus, but it doesn't change how powerful "freezing someone over" is.

Surviving doesn't mean resisting, Cerberus is even capable of freezing him solid, he just breaks out.

And I'm not sure what that changes? If Dante can break out that easily from being frozen solid, then why can't he do that here?

Dunno.

Anyhow, Dante has those gold orbs, that let him ressurect once, and her page says she can only stop time once a day.

Anyway, in the mean time

Unless the gold orbs ressurect him from pieces, they're not redirecting him.

All the time, literally the only thing she does

Said resistance is involved by breaking out of ice, can't break out if time is stopped.

Even if she can shatter the ice, Dante can still break out in a matter of only a second or so as shown in the Cerberus right. It's entirely possible for him to break out before Esdeath can shatter him, and it's already been mentioned that Esdeath is unlikely to use it. Mix that with abilities such as Royal Guard, which do work on abilities like Cerberus' freezing breath, and which Dante has shown excellent skill in using against opponents with comparable speeds (which is applicable if this is speed equalised). It seems a bit unreasonable to give Esdeath the win based mainly on that factor.

Didn't see it brought up in the thread but esdeath's sadistic nature may be her downfall here, not to mention she tends to go for projectiles rather than instant freezing in most cases AFAIK

Back