• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Marvel vs. Capcom) vs Ghost Rider (Avengers Alliance)

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
*Standard battle assumptions
*Speed Equalised
*Dante has access to the Infinity Gems

Ghost Rider: 0 ()

Dante: 3 (Lonkitt,XSOULOFCINDERX,Mariogoods)

Inconclusive: 2 (DarkKingD10,Colonel Krukov)

Ghost Rider is 5.78 Quettatons, Dante scales above 1.6455 Quettatons. Ghost Rider has a strength advantage of x3.51

Last edited:
While he doesn't have a direct answer, sealing should work, and intangibility is something that Ghost Rider can't get around.

Hmm, interesting. What about Penance Stare? It doesn't seem Dante has much defenses against it.

And on that same note, GR only seems to possess certain resistances to just two of the Gems (being the Soul and Reality Gem respectively). How does he deal with the other stuff?

Penance Stare requires GR to be staring in direct eye contact for a bit, which is pretty hard as Dante can out grapple him with the much high LS in cqc. If Dante is blessed by a divine angel, or has committed no sins against innocents, it won't work also.

Power Gem: Ghost Rider has his own amping, takes less damage from non-magic attacks, plus has resistance to magic too.
Time Gem: Has no direct counter to intangibility, but has his own speed amping
Reality Gem: Should resist the fire and ice attacks
Space Gem: No counter to sealing
Mind Gem: Probably can resist since he has resistance to mind manipulation?
Soul Gem: No counter, although GR can't technically die from this method anyway.

Penance Stare requires GR to be staring in direct eye contact for a bit, which is pretty hard as Dante can out grapple him with the much high LS in cqc. If Dante is blessed by a divine angel, or has committed no sins against innocents, it won't work also.

Power Gem: Ghost Rider has his own amping, takes less damage from non-magic attacks, plus has resistance to magic too.
Time Gem: Has no direct counter to intangibility, but has his own speed amping
Reality Gem: Should resist the fire and ice attacks
Space Gem: No counter to sealing
Mind Gem: Probably can resist since he has resistance to mind manipulation?
Soul Gem: No counter, although GR can't technically die from this method anyway.
Alright then.
So GR has the strength advantage, and Dante has more abilities, granted, GR has resistances to many of Dante's abilities, and the same can be said for vice versa.
I'll vote an inconc match for now, until hopefully, someone adds more information to the discussion.

Thanks, vote counted. Gonna vote Incon too, I agree with your take.

Last edited:
Gonna bring up how much Dante upscales the High 5-A value since it’s a lot

Dante > Mephisto > Blackheart > Spider-Man >≈ Onslaught > Thanos > Iron Man > Hawkeye > Galactus (where the feat comes from)

Also keep in mind this scaling chain is for Base Dante, so Devil Trigger and X-Factor, along with the Infinity Gems, can amplify his overall stats even further. Devil Trigger alone let Dante easily defeat somebody who one-shotted his base

I’d have to go with Dante on this one. While both have pretty great hax and resistances on their side, Dante’s a far more skilled opponent given his skill scaling. So that along with the fact that he can just as easily amplify his own stats (including stacking the amps on top of each other) meaning he can keep up with any of Ghost Rider’s stat based abilities, Dante’s a much more proficient fighter, which should very well give him the edge needed to take the win

Voting Dante

How though? Stats mean nothing against the level of regen and immortality Ghost Rider has.

GR takes feats from 616 and the games canon too.

The game the verse is based on (Avengers Alliance)

It does also include MCU feats, but Johnny Blaze doesn't exist yet, so it's a moot point.

I meant he has no feats as of yet, but he does look pretty cool

I meant he has no feats as of yet, but he does look pretty cool
Oh, fair

Also I feel like I should actually provide evidence behind the Dante being more skilled thing, since I think even with the compositing stuff, Johnny doesn't stack up in combat intelligence

Mephisto claims Dante could have killed Blackheart. Blackheart had the prowess to defeat Ryu, Spider-Man, Zangief, Captain America, and Chun-Li at the same time. Ryu and Spider-Man (Ryu views Spider-Man as a rival, which adds to the significance of Blackheart's feat when covering Ryu's feats) in particular are capable of defeating Apocalypse, who is a nearly 5000 year old mutant who has spent much of his time alive in combat. More impressively though, Ryu is considered more skilled than the mercenary known as Taskmaster, who can replicate any physical movement/fighting technique simply be looking at it without the need for practice, "no matter how complex" it is. Additionally, his analytical abilities allow him to predict attacks, tell if opponents have hidden weapons with a glance, and improve upon one's techniques after copying them

There's also some other stuff worth noting. When he was still an inexperienced fighter, Ryu won the World Warrior tournament, a victory that allowed him to attain great recognition among the martial artists on Capcom's Earth. He's known to create new special moves simply through extensive training. Iron Fist also considers Ryu to be a worthy successor, whereas Strider Hiryu (an over 1000 year old, highly skilled mercenary who become an A-Class Strider at a young age) is seen as overhyped to Daniel Rand. Ryu considers Chris Redfield, a former S.T.A.R.S. agent turned BSAA operative that has ample experience with "all types of weaponry" as well as boasting a mastery in the use of knives and hand-to-hand combat, to be a predictable fighter

Going back to Dante, he's viewed as an equal fighter to his brother Vergil. For Vergil, he deems Akuma to be fairly unimpressive, even with Akuma having grown skilled enough at this point to defeat Wolverine, Ryu, Chun-Li, Captain America, and Iron Man at the same time

Last edited:
I'm not really knowledgeable on the comic book feats, but Ghost Rider's in game feats are listed in the feats section, and being stated to be capable to take down World War Hulk. (Linked as justification for his High 5-A)

I'm not really knowledgeable on the comic book feats, but Ghost Rider's in game feats are listed in the feats section, and being stated to be capable to take down World War Hulk. (Linked as justification for his High 5-A)
Ghost Rider's not an unskilled combatant, but his danger as a fighter comes a lot more from the nature of his abilities rather than his proficiency

Even taking into consideration his capability of taking down World War Hulk, it doesn't really stack up to the Dante's level of skill given what he scales above combatively

I mean, he beat Mephisto twice.

You still haven't really provided a way of how Dante wins. He may scale high in terms of AP to equalise the AP gap, but GR has High regeneration and multiple forms of resurrection (One being from his Iso-8, the other from God)

I mean, he beat Mephisto twice.
Yeah, but I'm talking about combat intelligence here. Ghost Rider isn't used to taking on people of Dante's skill level

You still haven't really provided a way of how Dante wins. He may scale high in terms of AP to equalise the AP gap, but GR has High regeneration and multiple forms of resurrection (One being from his Iso-8, the other from God)
Dante has the means to seal Ghost Rider and drain him using the Infinity Gems. I also just find it more likely that Dante will get his wincons faster since he can amp his own speed more than once and his combative prowess means its gonna be much easier for him to avoid Blaze's attacks

How does his draining work exactly? Don't know if it'd work coz he resists power null if that is what is based as. He also has a natural resistance to non-magic attacks, so anything non-magic isn't as effective against him.

A lot of GR abilities have been overlooked. He can reduce enemy durability by 70%, attack the soul directly with soul fire (I'd say it's reasonable the Soul Gem might help counter with it's healing presumably), gets some stat boosts every time he's attacked. He's also pretty mobile given he has his bike too help as well.

How does his draining work exactly? Don't know if it'd work coz he resists power null if that is what is based as. He also has a natural resistance to non-magic attacks, so anything non-magic isn't as effective against him.

A lot of GR abilities have been overlooked. He can reduce enemy durability by 70%, attack the soul directly with soul fire (I'd say it's reasonable the Soul Gem might help counter with it's healing presumably), gets some stat boosts every time he's attacked. He's also pretty mobile given he has his bike too help as well.
It’s not power null. It’s Life Drain

I’m not denying Ghost Rider’s stat-based abilities. It’s just that Devil Trigger, X-Factor, and the Infinity Gems have their own counters. Keep in mind, the Gems aren’t even the only method of healing. X-Factor and Devil Trigger passively heal

Even with the bike, I don’t think Ghost Rider’s mobility would overwhelm Dante. Aside from the fact that we’ve seen Dante keep up alongside MvC Ghost Rider’s bike, Dante’s use of air dashes, flight, teleportation, acrobatics, platform creation, and other mobility advantages granted by the Time Gem give him much more to play with in terms of moving around. Not to mention, his enhanced senses has let him detect and counter those outside of his line of sight

Dante’s got ample opportunity to overwhelm Ghost Rider with his much greater skill, mobility options, amps, and Infinity Gems

Alright. Vote has been counted btw. Thanks for commenting 🙏

Back