• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

dante from the devil may cry series fights the didact from the halo series.

A giant laser falls from the orbit and ionize his body while turning his mind into data sealing it away in a composer.

He can also do that by himself without the laser but it would also turn his body into data.

Ok, and Dante could sense that coming, in which he'll activate Quicksilver and dodge it easily on top of speedblitzing the Didact to oblivion

SBA rules.

Looks like SBA doesnt =lize speed anymore, but yeah speed equal. sorry about that.

Anyway

Didact's lifting strength is vastly above Dante, so using TK to restrain him will be no issue

Dante also relies on far too many assumptions to say that he can dodge the composer

1. DMC 3 Dante is extremely cocky

2. Dante has no idea how big the AoE is

3. The AoE is far too big for Dante to run away from as its over 300 Kilometers

4. Dante can't do shit if he's restrained

Etc etc etc.

Didact using the ionization cannon and good game.

But he would he resist getting his mind sealed?

Also he would need to survive virtualization rather than matter based transmutation.

Giving the Didact the Composer turns this into a massive stomp, really. Maybe restrict it for fairness?

As for Didact's telekenisis, I'm certain Dante could use DT Burst to escape it. Would also heavily damage the Didact in the process, possible deactivating the tech that generates his TK.

If this turns into a CQC battle, Dante wins with high-diff. His experience and skill with more weapons and different types of foes would likely overwhelm the Didact. And cosidering the Didact relies on technology that Dante can break, he would become mostly helpless if something gets broken by Dante's assault. Of course, the Didact still is no pushover, so it would require Dante to utilize DT, his styles, and all of his weapons to their fullest potential.

Let me put it this way: Without the composer, this fight would be similar to the 3rd Urizen fight, only Low 7-B rather than 3-A. Dante would be pushed to the utter limits of his stamina and abilities, and would very, very quickly drop his cocky attitude and start taking things seriously. It would likely be the hardest fight of DMC3 Dante's life, but given his wide range of abilities, amp with DT, and shown mastery of combat, I think he could pull out a victory.

Of course, with the Composer this is just a "lmao data'd" fight.

Restricting would make this match inaddable tho.

Also I heavily doubt Dante has better combat experience than the Didact.

Why is the Composer's area of effect considered 300 kilometers? The cutscene for it's range explicitly says the range from to the Didact was 200 kilometers, nothing about the area of effect being 200 kilometers

I here that but the link to the aoe of the composer in range tab doesn't link to anything that proves the aoe is that big, is there a link or video that proves the aoe? I believe there is but I don't know

"In Issue 7 of Halo: Escalation, SPARTAN Thorne mentions that New Phoenix was formed as a merger of the 19th-century cities of Flagstaff and Phoenix. As of 2014, these cities are 144 miles (233 kilometers) distant, allowing New Phoenix's geographic size to be approximated"

Literally as long as his oponent looks human.

If not he doenst really have an IC move per-se.

Just because he tanks the attack and resists its affects doesn't mean that he would use it when he's in the blast radius in character against 1 enemy.

Dante has superior Martial Skills. The only times we see the Didact fight, he either relies heavily on his suit and its tech, uses ranged weaponry, or brute forces his way through. He's much more of a commander than he is a warrior.

Again, the Composer just makes this entire fight invalid because it turns it into an outright stomp.

Dienomite22 said:
Just because he tanks the attack and resists its affects doesn't mean that he would use it when he's in the blast radius in character against 1 enemy.
I don't get your point, why would he care about the blast radius?

Hell him being in New York would at worst make him more willing to use it, he hates humans.

Dante can't avoid the Composer, its range is too large. Unless Royal Guard can block the beam (which I mean, maybe? It has been shown to block AoEs and large beams before), or he just outright has immunity (unlikely but still), he can't beat the Composer and this is a stomp.

And if removing it invalidates the entire fight, then this fight is a stomp.

Logically and based off what we know he shouldn't worry and about the blast radius and he likely doesn't, but that doesn't mean he would use it when he's so close to an enemy that he assumes is human.The question was in character will the didact be willing to use the Composer when he fights against 1 person who he assumes is human and when he is that close to them?

@KnightOfSunlight

Dante can block beams and light attacks but that data mind thing is the kicker.Also, I strongly doubt Dante has better combat experience than the Didact.

Dienomite22 said:
The question was in character will the didact be willing to use the Composer when he fights against 1 person who he assumes is human and when he is that close to them?
I mean, as Schnee said the battle is in NY, meaning he would be super incline to use it, but yeah I doubt he wouldnt used against one guy, but If you dont believe me he can still turn him into data with his suit alone, but we dont know the range.

Back