• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (DMC 5) vs Kratos (GoW3 PoH)

Something, something, equal AP, something, something, no one can kill the other, something, something, Kratos gets BFR'd or sealed

Something, something, equal AP, something, something, no one can kill the other, something, something, Kratos gets BFR'd or sealed
Fair Points, but how far into the fight would it take before Dante realizes he needs to BFR or Seal? Cause it's extremely OOC for him to do so, definition of a last resort.

Fair Points, but how far into the fight would it take before Dante realizes he needs to BFR or Seal? Cause it's extremely OOC for him to do so, definition of a last resort.
Once he realices he can't kill Kratos that or when he kills him he doesn't stays dead (if the ress makes his whole body but I never got the proof for that >.>)

Once he realices he can't kill Kratos that or when he kills him he doesn't stays dead (if the ress makes his whole body but I never got the proof for that >.>)
Basically this, the only question is: what can Kratos do to actually kill Dante ?

Dante will take his sweet time to then use his BFR or Sealing, and I don't see Kratos having many counters to them, so either Kratos kills Dante before he uses, or Dante wins

That is, if Kratos resists Dante's Soul Hax, if not...ouch

I was actually thinking about kratos' soul manip here, and how soul ripping to directly tied to Lifting Strength. What's stopping kratos from ripping out dante's soul instantly with the asinine difference in LS here?

Time hax too....and DMC5 Dante is naturally serious....especially against strong opponents.....especially if on his lvl....so any of the time hax can come into play and fast.

Dante low godly regen negation is also a problem for Kratos too
Kratos only has Low-Mid regen, so not really needed here. Kratos coming back deals directly with conceptual immortality and resurrection via PoH.

how PoH ressurection works ?
The profile states he needs a body, wouldnt that be a problem if Dante explodes Kratos ?

The most vague thing is that Hope power, it could mean that if there is the hope of human exist, he will continue to resurrect????

Essentially. In terms of negging Kratos' ress, dante would have to destroy hope as a concept, or somehow sever kratos' connection to it.

There is no stated limit to the ress besides there needing to be an aspect of his consciousness behind, but even then that was directly referring to him unlocking hope. From what stig said, kratos is capable of resurrecting even after the complete destruction of his soul.

So my viewpoint on how this is playing out so far is
-Dante has win cons, BFR, Seal, and Demolition. All from which in my understanding, are OOC, especially BFR and Seal.
-Kratos would have a major advantage in CQC via LS and Soul Rip via LS as well, all of which are in character to do. With accelerated development playing a factor, the longer the fight goes on, the worse it will be for dante. It will get to a point where even his regen would start failing him as he's been prone to getting tired when facing someone on his level, while kratos doesn't have that downside in a fight and would be fighting at the same pace and power as he was at the very start (even more so via Accelerated Development)

-So dante has a clear advantage here off the get go, with legitimate win con's, but when they are both in character, it all comes down to will dante actually use them before kratos overpowers him.

Dante should have a decent advantage in this fight, with 3 win cons. Demolition would the the definite decider, but i'm not sure about him with BFR or Seal.

Note: Kratos' defense shouldn't be underestimated in this fight either, especially with the golden fleece and resistance negation coming into play.

Dante has win cons, BFR, Seal, and Demolition. All from which in my understanding, are OOC, especially BFR and Seal.
These are valid wincons, and there are a few more which I'll will lay down in a bit.
As far as out of character stuff is concerned....well this version of Dante is naturally very serious and uses DT and SDT in character....more like spams it, so Demolition which is a SDT hax is far more likely to happen.
As far as Jackpot is concerned....this is also something Dante only uses in absolute pinch so chances of that coming into play here is actually high instead of low because Kratos is a very powerful and resilient opponent. Dante's almost no-nonsense persona gives a hefty adantage in using his more rarer hax.
Kratos would have a major advantage in CQC via LS and Soul Rip via LS as well, all of which are in character to do. With accelerated development playing a factor, the longer the fight goes on, the worse it will be for dante. It will get to a point where even his regen would start failing him as he's been prone to getting tired when facing someone on his level, while kratos doesn't have that downside in a fight and would be fighting at the same pace and power as he was at the very start (even more so via Accelerated Development)
Yes Lifting Strength is a very good advantage in Kratos's favour, but it will only make things harder for him actually....when they will both trade blows Dante will get ragdolled easily....and Dante realising the problem will play to his strength and will start playing ranged game....which is very disadvantageous for Kratos since Dante can spam projectiles from multiple axxes of direction in the most unpredictable and unconventional fashion....most notable being Summoned swords which have autonomous control and count as physical hits which means effects of ChronoHeart will apply which will stop time for Kratos.
As far as Claws of Hades and Lifting Strength is concerned .... Dante can deal with this via time hax and teleportation.
Dante also has Accelerated Development(skill, power and ability) along with adaptation, Reactive Evolution and Reactive power level.
So he can keep up....he has dealt with similar stuff before....and besides Dante will bring his haxxes to the table far faster than he can get tired.
So dante has a clear advantage here off the get go, with legitimate win con's, but when they are both in character, it all comes down to will dante actually use them before kratos overpowers him.
Well this Dante Devil Triggers in character and almost spams it....which is major problem for Kratos since ChronoHeart time hax is passively activated in DT and SDT has Judgement which is spammed by Dante....both these time hax bypass 2 layers of resistance to time stop....so Kratos's time stop resistance won't help here.
Note: Kratos' defense shouldn't be underestimated in this fight either, especially with the golden fleece and resistance negation coming into play.
Yes Golden Fleece is very similar to Royal Guard in terms of defense but it's narrow and unidirectional, while RG is omnidirectional. Not only that but it can also negate Kratos's Lifting Strength advantage since RG and Royal Release can negate grapples and Kinetic Energy of attacks which will defend him against ragdolls.
Resistance Negation in respect to this match will only apply to Death Hax resistance for Dante which is only baseline....but this Dante is naturally evasive and him playing ranged game will not help Kratos use his negation.
Dante should have a decent advantage in this fight, with 3 win cons. Demolition would the the definite decider, but i'm not sure about him with BFR or Seal.
The way I see this match going is Dante and Kratos trade a few blows.....Dante gets ragdolled....Dante starts playing ranged game with Kratos....he outclasses him here.....Kratos tries to rip Dante's soul out....Dante realising gravity of danger will use time DT, time hax and teleportation to escape and use his wincons to claim victory.

Kratos can claim victory via his soul rip, resistance negation and uber lvl Death hax.

Another wincon for Dante is to incap Kratos via amputations .....since Kratos can ressurect himself....Dante may just try to incap him instead of killing.

I do have to bring up the Blade of Olympus specifically. Cause kratos using it is extremely in character to do so, so what is stopping him from stabbing dante and negging his powers?

btw, Dante resists Soul hax from kratos if i not mistaken
Kratos soul hax isnt diferent from taking someone's soul, only the method is diferent.

4-D soul ? Now i am interested. Can you give me full information regarding that ?
Well the Demon World was first proven to be a space-time continuum...thus a 4D construct.....and it has Demon Energy throughout its structure like ki Aura for Dragon Ball characters which would also make it 4D....

Basically think of Demon World as 4D character exactly like Infinite Zamasu from DBS....and every aspect of a 4D entity is also 4D hence 4D Demon Energy.

When the Demon World consumes Human World( another space-time) it soul haxxes all the population inside the universe.....it also mind haxxes which would also be 4D.

All Demons and hybrids are naturally resistant to its effects.
Yet they can kill the demons by destroying thier souls and especially kill the High Tier demons who have Low Godly regen.

Hence every character have 4D resistance and hax potency....and God Tiers have enhanced ones via scaling chains.

They are not affected by it because they are demons. Doomguy has the same thing and we don`t give him resistance.

" The energy grew stronger as the party neared Mundus' keep.
Eventually it proved too overwhelming for the rebel demons.
One by one, they fell to their knees, rendered immobile by an
overload of mystical undercurrent. Even Blade and Griffon
succumbed at last. They collapsed just as the remainder of
the party entered an empty granite hall.
"This place," Griffon muttered through clenched teeth. "This
place is the king's keep..."
"I understand." Dante placed a hand on Griffon's shoulder.
The demon lord's face was creased with pain. Dante knew
they must be near the nexus of the Underworld's mystical
energy. He sheathed Rebellion and walked toward a door on
the far end of the chamber."

Excerpt from DMC2 Novel when High Tier Demons were approaching Demon World....same High Tier demons who have buttload of resistances....

DMC1 Novel has instances of Dante falling victim to afflictions of Demonic Energy....

Demon World energy spares no one....you can only resist it if you are strong enough.
Survival of the fittest.

That still not 4D. Comprising something doesn't make it that tier.It just means that there is a large quality of it. Demonic energy is not stated to make space-time only the physical world.

This is not the place for a CRT, the 4D stuff is already accepted, let's focus on the fight
Granted, with the 4D stuff dante stomps all around if every single hax he has is on a different tier than what kratos has resisted. At that point it comes down to which hax does dante feel like using today, cause they'd all work.

Last time I see Dante vs Kratos threads, the comment is likely over 300 and get inconclusive instead.

But is PoH negated immortality?

Last time I see Dante vs Kratos threads, the comment is likely over 300 and get inconclusive instead.

But is PoH negated immortality?
Nah.....Dante cannot negate that....Kratos will keep resurrecting.

Kratos has a few wincon like bonking out Dante to incap him instead of killing him which he is very capable of doing or just tiring out Dante's stamina and then incap him....

But it all depends on Kratos being smart enough and restraining his bloodlust......

Kratos has nearly limiteless stamina here with POH....while Dante's is limited in comparison.

Back