• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Devil May Cry) vs the Three Commanders (Dies Irae) (Gauntlet Style)

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Not to have this added, of course. Just to see if Dante can manage this.

Dante takes on each of the commanders 1v1 in a gauntlet style. It could have gone in either order but here's mines of how i see it at least:

Round 1: Dante vs Samiel Zentuar. The commander with the absolute accuracy power and range in the LDO.

Round 2: Dante vs Machina. The commander with the power to end things and with the physical might in his fists.

Round 3: Dante vs Hrozvitnir. The speed knight commander, able to wreck havoc everywhere he goes when he starts moving around....i think, more or less.

Dante of this fight is in his High 6-A form, and the LDO are base of course (again, you all should know why by now). He has everything he may had at that point. The 3 commanders are as is and have their Relic's to fight but are restricted to not using their Briah's if needed (as in, we can let them use it if they are at a disadvantage by some chance).

Again, not to be added at all. Just want to know how well he takes on each of them.

Oh sh*t as Dante might handle them without their Briah, but how good are these guys exactly? I suspect due to his (Dante's) personality, it might lead to his downfall in all three rounds if he is not careful.

R1) Dante should be able to blitz Eleonore several times over, but unless he immediately resorts to sealing her, he's not putting her down and her soul attacks could prove troublesome given Dante's mediocre resistance feats.

R2) Same as above, but it's even more troublesome given the fact that Machina could potentially punch his way out of a seal. I'll give it to Machina in a tough fight.

R3) Schreiber can overcome the initial speed difference and soul shred Dante, so he should take this.

Not to mention I am petty sure these guys are resistant to Dante's time manipulation or I think it was called Quicksilver style if I not mistaken

In any case, I thinking all three commanders might be able to take him down in each round since he is cocky and they do have their own hax that can deal with Dante like Reality Wrap. Isn't time being a part of Temporal attacks?

Does Slowing down and stopping time count still? I don't often think of it that way as an attack, just an ability.

@Cross I mean Dante used Quicksilver in combat before, but I think it is a ability. My DMC knowledge is rusty that I will admit much so I think it is better to bring in a DMC expert for that matter.

This was just more of fun and curiosity and to see how far he would go against each Commanders. Of course this is by them not using their Briah's, which would likely cause super trouble to Dante if used even if Dante had all of his abilities here (or at least ones he had in this form, which is a lot of weapons and such).

R1 : Dante would be in trouble if he keeps his distance me thinks. His best bet would be close in and fight Eleonore in melee. But Eleonore could summon infantry troops to gun down her enemies like in her fight against Beatrice. IIRC its possible bcoz they were in Valhalla, i need to check this

R2 : Opposite to R1. Dante best bet would be ranged attack. But i dont remember Dante's ranged arsenal that could put down Machina. It'll end up in melee i guess, which will result in Machina's victory after a hard fight

R3 : Schreiber's surprise ninja bullets and speed should make him win this fight

Thanks for the input, Fab.

Also to those who may have noticed by know, speeds as is and not equalized meaning Dante retains his Sub Rela combat speed and reactions thing. Just to throw that out there.

Round 1: Hmmm the thing is that Dante will blitz and I feel that Samiel will have issues I mean Dante is good on close and long range he can seal her completely if he notices quick enough that he can't attack her soul. In her Briah state I feel that Yamato could help open a rift to escape cause dimensional cuts (correct me if i am wrong) so I will give it to Dante High difficulty

Round 2: Dante needs range which like i said earlier he has but can Machina like knock him out of DT state if so then Dante if he realizes this then he would indefintely go for range. Briah is the issue Dante's only chance is to seal him and considering he is faster he most likely could do it first so I guess Dante with extremely high difficulty. Also @rep he probably needs to destroy the concept of sealing first and the fact he is sealed for like 2000 years into an unknown dimension away from the known universe so there is that (Mundus is a sample)

Round 3: Now this one is i am having issue...Wolfgangs suprise ***** bullets are a pain and they both have infinite bullets mind you. Dante would most likely go down considering Wolfgang can hit and attack far away once briah it might be game over unless Dante can time stop which can immobalize Wolfgang and give him the opportinunity to seal him as well but idk I am pretty sure Dante has like a good 2 seconds of pure stop (idk how long really). But Wolfgang is insane so he might tear him apart first

So basically it's more to Quicksilver and Jackpot!! combo for Dante to win not a Quicksilver Yamato combo lol but to review Round 1 Dante for me Round 2 could be leaning to Dante Round 3 I am not sure considering if quicksilver doesn't stop Wolfgang then Dante loses period.

Btw Cross love the matchup

Thanks. As i said, this was just to see if Dante with his weapons and hax powers has what it takes to take on Beast's 3 Knights. ^^

Hmm. Well Samiel is able to keep up with Briah Beatrice which allows her to be as fast as real lightning. But Dante does have Sub-Rela reactions and combat speed, so he's pretty much the more faster one of the two. Seeing that he has Yamato during parts of DMC4, that can probably help into escaping her Briah realm.

Machina's relic effect (which i managed to find out that because it's his body, it's always active when he punches something or someone), it allows him to end anything that unfortunately gets in it's way. Not to mention that he managed to punch out Ren out of his Briah and even managed to touch and KO Tubal Cain who had Beatrice's soul and abilities at the time (sort of giving him the ability to touch and hit elemental intangibles). Can't say on the Briah tho but Dante doesn't seal him soon and somehow gets hit, it's pretty much over for him. Though his time powers should compensate for it?

Wolfgang....idk, isn't Dante still faster than him with his reactions? Ever did told me in chat that Wolfgang, at base, is faster than him (which is funny cause he then told me of how Ren possess the fastest speed feat in base which is seen on Wolf's page and is something that Reinhard is scaled to by). Yet Dante's reaction should at least do something well against them (Sub-Rela reactions > Wolf's MHS+ speed). As for if Quicksilver can stop Wolfgang, if you're referring to Briah Wolf, i don't think so. Ren tried to do that with EFF and couldn't touch him no matter how much he slows him down with time and accelerate himself with it too. The Bangle of Time, which is the one that does time stop, should do just that as that's one of the only things that can outright stop Wolfgang.

I mean Dante has an interval where he can completely stop rumble from coming on top of his head but yeah bangle of time can work too

And tbh i didn't realize Dante's hax could actually work I thought he would be too out haxxed but yeah ^^

well now the AP/Dura is closer in gap so it's a harder fight now ^

well let me try to re-evaluate my opinion now he can't blitz but he can react so it's even steven there and the commanders AP/Dura are harder to take

Round 1: It's tougher than before but still think Dante has still a good lead that he would seal Eleonore

Round 2: Well Machina can destroy the seal if he can intercept it but since Dante fought Eleonore he would realize he is the same case and can quicksilver to get the upper hand as he will blitz Machina before he can hit

Round 3:Dante's biggest challenge by far considering Wolfgang has range and speed. Wolfgang can shred his soul albeit slowly as Dante's resistance comes into play. If Wolfgang goes "true" Briah it could spell death to Dante but i believe his Bangle of Time can negate it outright so it depends on how Dante deals with Fenriswolf

So it's the same as before just i needed to analyze better Round 3 is me being torn apart as I said Dante can outright stop wolfgang and seal him which could make me lean to him as it's an item that can automatically activate via him doing it but he would have to know quicksilver won't work first and by then he might be heavily damaged then again DT compesates in a sense

Just to bump this, was all of this said base on Dante fighting the Commanders with their Relics or also with their Briah's? I did restrict it but allow it if they can't get through him well enough by chance.

well i think restricting it won't be fun cause of AP difference plus the situation is more interesting via the Briahs and btw how many votes are there now?

gotta say, good match up

but tbh Hop feels in Round 1 it will be Dante, with some difficulty, Round 2 goes to him again, Round 3 is kind of inconclusive, IMO. Would say Dante could take all three, but I wanna look into that relic more

Hop to explain Wolfgang's relic is that it can soul shred at full power using the briah however it's true weakness is that if some stops time fully his briah cannot compesate and will be thrown out of it. Also the bullets can ricochet in the air

Okay well the option is still there. It's technically still allowed but to also see what happens with and without it.

@Hop: Basically the only way Dante would win if he used the Bangle of Time to stop time on Schreiber as Red said. One character in Dies Irae that Wolfgang is from tried to accelerate his own time while slowing down time around him (Schreiber in this case) to try and take him down.....it didn't work. Like at all. Only an outright time stop move will or anything that fully stops Schreiber's movements

wait @Cross if the upgrade happens then what AP would the commanders be? If they go to High 6-A i will flip cause this will be damn hard XD

You are really late on that. It got debunked by Trex's clarification on it. Go check Venom's wall next time...

ZERO7772 said:
After reading through i think dante take all the 3 rounds for the same reasons above
Sorry for the Necro, but there aren't any reasons for Dante winning round 3

Anyway, Dante I think takes round 1, reason being is that he Blitzes several times over which, while she can heal, he'll still know from a few brief exchanges of beating her with whatever he has that none of his weapons will put her down, basically, he figures out through his time blitzing her that his weapons won't put her down for good and seal her.

Round 2....Same thing, he's not going to intercept a sealing from someone much faster and while this did require help, Dante sealed Mundus, so that's that

R3: I'm giving to Masada for Reppuzan'strong' reasons, nice matchup

Back