• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His argument was that he didn't use it against the Z-Fighters right? We already explained that it was because of his motives on Earth, normally he's been portrayed differently, espically when bloodlusted.

And he was also arguing that he didnt use it against Champa, someone who he has a bone to pick with everytime they are even in the same room with each other.

He only used it against Zamasu because he was absolutely pissed at him and the ghost for not having any other options to use against it due to intangibility.

Just becausee Beerus can sense Dante's killing intent does not in any way mean Beerus will feel that Dante is any threat to him when Beerus can just see him as fodder. Also btw im talking about this comment of his that didnt get debunked:

"@Aceraspire

As in, literally EVERY other occasion in the series aside from those two "fights", especially when he has a major bone to pick with certain characters (like Champa).

He did it against Zamasu because he was pissed at the fact that he would stoop so low, and against the ghost guy because he had no other way of getting rid of him as well as a gag effect.

It also still doesn't change the fact that Dante can blitz Beerus by slowing down time with Quicksilver (which is not in violation of the Time Stop limitation placed by the OP, though I'm less sure about our Speed Equalized rules)."

Because you can't kill another GoD...

As for the ghost, it shows how quick he is to use the technique when annoyed, much more when bloodlusted.

For what reason? Beerus has absolutely no caring thought or emotion towards Champa so he hardly cares what happens to him. And the way I can see it, the fact that Whis and Vados didnt instantly intervine when Beerus and Champa started fighting each other (and in the manga did they even intervine at all?) seems to suggest killing other gods isnt much of an issue but rather everything else around them getting destroyed is.

Also for the ghost it wasnt because he was purely annoyed it was mostly because Beerus had literally no other way of killing him due to being, well lets say, a fighting type and the ghost....well......a ghost type.

Hakai is the only ability that I've ever seen here that'll have people say that one hax will overcome many. Even GER doesn't get that treatment.

Dante can seal with Jackpot!

Hakai

Dante can negate durability with Yamamoto

Hakai

Dante can screw with Beerus' Mind with dark voids

Hakai

And doesnt Beerus need to be like literally right in front of Dante and touching him for Hakai to work? He has never shown to use it long ranged as such when he used it on Zamasu.

@Professor It's against Zeno's rules.

Also, the having to be right in front of Dante is kinda an assumption. Although, isn't Dante's hax based on a melee range weapon? And how often does he use the blade in this form?

@Cal to be fair, they're saying he'll use his hax first, not that it is superior.

Fair enough. But isnt the assigning of Gods of Destruction outside of Zeno's awareness? I mean Whis didnt even think twice about offering the position of GoD to Goku once Beerus died and his plus Champa's actions would have never been found out by Zeno if not for Whis/Vados snitching on them.

Also yes its an assumption but it might be even more an assumption to say he can do it without having to get too close. Otherwise, Beerus wouldnt even waste his time trying to get close to a fodder like Zamasu to use it on him when he could have done it from a long range away.

Considering Hakai can work on intangible beings, I don't think the move requires physical contact to work.

And existence erasure is a very potent hax. Especially against someone with no resistance against it, ability to come back from nothing or acausality. Someone saying Beerus has a way to hax a person out doesn't mean that they're saying the other can't do the same to Beerus. Or that Beerus's attack somehow negates other haxs, rather as SD said he'd use it first.

Personally I don't know.

I see, so just like Dante he has to get close? Of course, he could just do the same with Arale and blast him without a moment's notice. Or blow up the planet.

I mean as of now, all beerus needs to do is destroy dante immediately, but not only that, but it also seems that beerus is considerably stronger than dante, so he could just back off from dante's limited range and keep firing ki blasts at him

But it would be more probable for beerus to just use his destruction ability instead.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also yes its an assumption but it might be even more an assumption to say he can do it without having to get too close. Otherwise, Beerus wouldnt even waste his time trying to get close to a fodder like Zamasu to use it on him when he could have done it from a long range away.
Beerus got close to Zamasu to catch the death strike he was trying to throw at Goku. Beerus didn't come right in Zamasu's face just to perform Hakai.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
I mean as of now, all beerus needs to do is destroy dante immediately, but not only that, but it also seems that beerus is considerably stronger than dante, so he could just back off from dante's limited range and keep firing ki blasts at him

But it would be more probable for beerus to just use his destruction ability instead.
Dante has guns and stupidly good Regenerationn (as in speedy regen). Playing the range game is not going to help, especially with Jackpot! on the table.

@Ald Assuming those aren't just shockwaves (which wouldn't be that obscure) thats quite the range, not exactly enough for defeating Beerus with his range advantage, but still quite the range.

@Cal Jackpot vs Beerus' sealing?

@SD. One we know the specifics of, one we don't.

@TLT. I've said this once, I've said this a thousand times. (for the record, I'm not pissed at you, just at the frequency of that argument). No one in Dragon Ball abuses universal range. (except Zeno and the omnipresent)

he has universal range for ki blasts- and thats for a situation for him not using hakai

but he would most likely go for hakai, which is a complete existantial erasure

@Cal er what?

@LT Beerus has at best shown to use planetary I believe, despite having universal. Which is still leagues above Dante's

The real cal howard said:
Hakai is the only ability that I've ever seen here that'll have people say that one hax will overcome many. Even GER doesn't get that treatment.
Dante can seal with Jackpot!

Hakai

Dante can negate durability with Yamamoto

Hakai

Dante can screw with Beerus' Mind with dark voids

Hakai
This.

Standard battle range is four kilometers. In a fight between a sniper and a shotgunner at 10 paces it doesnt matter who can hit the further target. Only who can hit first.

@Ald it starts at the range but to use his hax Dante needs to get very close whereas Beerus could just fly up into space to destroy it at a distance.

SomebodyData said:
@Ald it starts at the range but to use his hax Dante needs to get very close whereas Beerus could just fly up into space to destroy it at a distance.
IIRC, Hakai is used at melee range.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_Dimension_F#Slash_Dimension_F

"Vergil utilizes an ability called Judgement Cut in which he swings so fast that Yamato doesn't appear to even leave its sheath. It creates a distortion in space that engulfs his target which is sliced multiple times by the blade in very rapid succession. The ability is capable of hitting any enemies that are within the rather large distortion radius."

"Dante attempts to imitate this move in Devil May Cry 4 and the result is a similar ability called Slash Dimension but it lacks the precision and potency of Judgement Cut due to Dante inexperience with wielding Yamato, unlike Vergil. Both abilities are able to strike far away opponents. Dante and Vergil demonstrate Yamato's ability to cut far away enemies with normal swings as well. Vergil, during Dante's battle with Arkham where Vergil appears and slices Arkham's hand off from atop a pillar a good distance away, and Dante, when he uses it to destroy the Hellgate with a single swing from a great distance away in Devil May Cry 4."

@Apar that is an assumption, although I was mostly talking about him blowing up the planet.

Also most of the range feats for this attack isn't anywhere near enough. The fact that is also not as precise makes me have more doubts.

Ok. Have you even read dante's page?

An extremely powerful weapon. It ignores conventional durability due to it being able to cut through dimensional walls and barriers. Dante has also showcased expertise in using it by cutting a hellgate in half from seven hundred meters away.

Thats what it says under yamato. Dante has the ability to teleport. With speed equalized i dont think beerus has a chance to get far enough away in time for somewhat superior range to make any real difference.

SomebodyData said:
@Apar that is an assumption, although I was mostly talking about him blowing up the planet.
It's also an assumption for you to assume Hakai is ranged, no?

It doesn't matter if it's not precise because of the "killing field" and the speed being equalized.

So, we have no idea if Beerus will instantly start with Hakai. Nothing except speculation suggests that he will, especially since Dante will start off "weaker."

Dante will survive the first hit via Royalguard, shift into Majin mode where he's equal, and Yamato Killing Field for the win or seal via Jackpot!, or might even tank Hakai with Royalguard Dreadnaught.

And how much distance has he crossed with each teleportation?

Also seven hundred meters + Precision problems vs 4 kilometers + Targeting Ki Blasts?

That's also ignoring he just blows up the planet, and the blast pushes him far into space.

SomebodyData said:
And how much distance has he crossed with each teleportation?
Also seven hundred meters + Precision problems vs 4 kilometers + Targeting Ki Blasts?

That's also ignoring he just blows up the planet, and the blast pushes him far into space.
Dante has precog too. When you move trillions x FTL, 4KM is nothing.

SomebodyData said:
And...? Mundus creates a Universe. It's not like Mundus (who hates Sparda and his sons) is going to be nice enough to create Oxygen for Dante to breathe in his own universe.

Sorry. Off subject i know but can a kind admin go to dante's page and change the first word under yamatos description to "An"? Its bugging me.

@Aldrecht I have done so. In the future you can come to my wall with minor concerns like that as to not derail threads. I'll be more than happy to help out when I'm available.

Hm. Going with Dante

Yamato, RoyalGuard, doppelganger, dark voids, sealing and precognition gives him the edge.

Beerus destroy dinosaur he is over 65,000,000 years old god he is master of destroying.He was able to destroy ghoust he is able to destroy universe 7 with punch(in BOG saga he is not use full power)and universe 7 is bigger than real life universe.Mortal universe over 200,000,000,000 galaxy+god realm same size as universe+kaioshin realm which is 1/10 size of universe.So berrus is low 2-C at universe+ level so in this battle beerus will won.

what??? Nope like no…multipliers mean jack **** cause Beerus has to destroy the time and space of the universe which he clearly has not demonstrated

What ability gives Dante dark voids? The closest dark ability he has is Doppelganger.His other Devil Arms are generally destructive power like Gilgamesh, Ifrit etc.

I vote to have this closed as it's going around in circles (200 posts almost) without an end in sight.

Lord Ghetsis said:
What ability gives Dante dark voids? The closest dark ability he has is Doppelganger.His other Devil Arms are generally destructive power like Gilgamesh, Ifrit etc.
In the manga. He engulfed Alice in a dark void while in Majin form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back