• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The only wincon I can see is Thanos getting Danny out of his ghost form and one shotting which isn't his first move so Danny just one shots him first or freezes him

Abilities
Danny: Danny's best ability is his invisibility and his various effects of phasing, such as possession and soul destruction, which Danny has used in various fights a lot, including on the bat some times. Thanos's soul stone can detect where souls are, but there is a chance Thanos will be confused enough that Danny blows him up before that happens. Ice, corporeal attacks, and EctoPlasma can be countered in various ways by Thanos, most notably with effects of the Reality Stone, however, invisibility can still turn the tide of the fight if he decides to use it off the bat, which he may do if he gets dusted and comes back (Danny can do it by thought, so if he does it it will likely go back to the soul stone scenario)
Thanos: The snap, the main attack can be countered by Danny's regeneration. Power Stone can't work due to AP gap. On top of which, Danny can counter pretty much everything the space stone does due to phasing out of it with the exception of him being sucked into a black hole. Thanos's best ability to beat Danny is the reality stone and turn him into stone/transmute him, however, he may not use it in time before Danny blows him or his soul apart.

Danny 7/10.

Experience
Danny: Danny's main experience with a character who acts like Thanos was freak show, however, freak show is notably more cocky than Thanos, and taunting Thanos wouldn't really work here. However, his overall vast experience may help him in various aspects, such as dealing with Thanos's telekinesis or what to do to take him down
Thanos: Thanos is easily more cocky than Danny, albeit less than freak show. As for experience, Thanos knows how to use the Space-Reality-Power stones the most, and will likely use them in various ways. However, he has not fought a versatile opponent like Danny except for Doctor Strange, and unlike Danny, none of the other avengers were as dangerous to Thanos as the ghosts who challenged Danny.

Danny 6/10.

Who wins??
While Thanos has some scenarios in which he can come out on top, Danny has simply more options due to more edged out experience and a winning ability which would be used more likely than Thanos's options

Last edited:
Tl;dr Yet another character whose opening move (IC) is useless against their opponent and then gets one-shotted.

Danny FRA although this kinda feels stomp'ish imo.

It's not really stompish, Thanos can still win, it's just that Danny's ways of winning will be used more likely
Danny only needs to breath on Thanos and it's GG (thanks to the considerable AP advantage) and Thanos IC opening move is literally useless, hence why it's "stompish" IMO.

Thanos has win-cons sure but he'll be long dead several times over before he has any opportunity to use them.

Danny only needs to breath on Thanos and it's GG (thanks to the considerable AP advantage) and Thanos IC opening move is literally useless, hence why it's "stompish" IMO.

Thanos has win-cons sure but he'll be long dead several times over before he has any opportunity to use them.
Thanos has various ways to counter the physical attacks though.

Thanos has various ways to counter the physical attacks though.
Nothing that's shown to counter Danny's level of power (plus others have mentioned Danny has plenty of IC ranged options too) and like I keep saying both times Thanos had the complete IG on screen he immediately snaps (both IC in Infinity War and bloodlusted in Endgame).

Simply put:

*Danny charges/blasts/breaths etc at Thanos

*Thanos "snaps"

*The "snap" does nothing to Danny

*Thanos dies

THE END

A decisive victory for Danny to be sure albeit a little one-sided imo.

Nothing that's shown to counter Danny's level of power (plus others have mentioned Danny has plenty of IC ranged options too) and like I keep saying both times Thanos had the complete IG on screen he immediately snaps (both IC in Infinity War and bloodlusted in Endgame).

Simply put:

*Danny charges/blasts/breaths etc at Thanos

*Thanos "snaps"

*The "snap" does nothing to Danny

*Thanos dies

THE END

A decisive victory for Danny to be sure albeit a little one-sided imo.
The hax by itself does not matter which AP it is because it is not tied to AP, Ectoplasma and ice would just be transmuted into something harmless by Thanos or turned intangible or absorbed/reflected, Thanos also has ways to get away from an offensive attack

There are some ways in which Danny would just attack and Thanos's response wouldn't work (Making a shield, or trying to null the attack), but it isn't as clear cut that Danny attacks 1st thing and Thanos dies right after

Last edited:
Now you're just clutching at straws, you didn't even address my point about Thanos getting immediately one-shot after his "snap" fails (his literal opening move PERIOD) and the best argument you've got is Danny's physical attack "failing" for poorly defined reasons.

The power stone is useless btw (unless you seriously want to class Danny as a "celestial body" and even then low-godly says hi!).

Now you're just clutching at straws, you didn't even address my point about Thanos getting immediately one-shot after his "snap" fails (his literal opening move PERIOD) and the best argument you've got is Danny's physical attack "failing" for poorly defined reasons.

The power stone is useless btw (unless you want to class Danny as a "celestial body").
1. The snap DOES fail due to regeneration, I'm not denying that (And we all know it's his opening move, not denying that either)
2. The power stone is useless due to AP gap and resistance, I said that in my 1st comment.
3. There is a chance a physical attack would fail due to the reality stone, Thanos can simply transmute Danny while he is flying at Thanos.

Thank you, you've just proven my points on how hilariously one-sided this match is.

So we have to assume Danny decides to do nothing (or can't attack Thanos in the time it takes between before the "snap" and after Thanos realises his "snap" didn't work) assume Thanos gets enough time to realise his "snap" failed and assume Thanos decides to use his more potent hax against Danny.

Yeah I'm not buying this CiS argument

Thank you, you've just proven my points on how hilariously one-sided this match is.

So we have to assume Danny decides to do nothing, assume Thanos gets enough time to realise his "snap" failed and assume Thanos decides to use his more potent hax against Danny.

Yeah I'm not buying CiS argument
Oh no Danny still wins, I'm not arguing that he doesn't. And I'm not saying that Danny will just not be doing anything at all, what I am saying is that there is a scenario in which an initial attack (Ectoplasm or Ice) may not hit in some way (The snap will still fail)

Last edited:
And we've come full circle and this is why I strongly believe this match is "stompish".

Character A has win-cons however character B will one-shot before character A ever gets the opportunity to use them without major assumptions.

I believe this is a "decisive" victory however it also seems to be a little too one-sided (hence my valid misgivings).

And we've come full circle and this is why I strongly believe this match is "stompish".

Character A has win-cons however character B will one-shot before character A ever gets the opportunity to use them without major assumptions.

I believe this is a "decisive" victory however it also seems to be a little too one-sided (hence my valid misgivings).
I mean, you can retract your vote if you want, and assumptions would inevitably have to be made given how the 2 characters are wild cards with attacks, we just got to make some assumptions at the end of the day on what would happen

Not when those assumptions are borderline head-canon and thus are not a valid argument in a Vs match (it's not like we're dealing with a pair of RPG characters).

I retract my vote until my misgivings are properly addressed!

Bump.

Would the match be better if I used season 1 or 2 Danny (though it's not like he loses much). If more people think this match is stompy, I'll close it.

Back