• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Resistance to Gravity Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This is pretty straightforward and simple in my opinion. The Danny Phantom ghosts should have resistance to Gravity Manipulation.

Feat and Statement

We've visually seen ghosts walk on vertical surfaces without falling and stand on walls without feeling the effects of gravity. This is were there Surface Scaling comes from but we didn't know how they did it.

However, Butch Hartman did an interview in the past which states Danny is uneffected by gravity.

Butch Hartman: "the kind of powers Danny has–he can fly really fast and he’s really strong. When he’s a ghost, gravity doesn’t affect him so he can lift really heavy things"

Argument

Some would make the argument and say that we've seen Danny fall while in ghost form. However I'd like to point out that ghosts make themselves physical so they can interact with the real world. Which I talked about on this thread. So it's likely they can activate or deactivate this effect just like their natural intangibility.

Another argument would be if they are doing this through sheer power like Dragon Ball Z characters. However this is not the case either seeing as how Butch Hartman worded the statement "When he's a ghost", he didn't say because he has super strength he's uneffected by gravity, he states it's because he's a ghost is why he's uneffected by it. Given the visual feat and statement I think this should be simple to add but I'd like to hear the thoughts of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back