• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Regeneration Upgrade (Low-Godly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Trying this again for the 4th time I believe. Anyway, I do believe there is sufficient evidence for Danny Phantom ghosts to have Low-Godly Regeneration.

First let's look at the description of Low-Godly Regeneration...

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

As you can clearly see, it states that restoring your physical form from your disembodied consciousness (be it the soul, mind, or some other nonphysical aspect of yourself).

With this established, let's move on to the evidence.

Evidence

A ghost's body

Most of what I'm going to be explaining is already accepted and is in the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) page so if you want, you can check that out.

As stated in the series by Maddie, she called Danny a "manifestation of ectoplasmic energy and post human consciousness." Maddie is an expert on ghosts and has made countless inventions that revolve around them so she's a credible source of information when it's backed up.

This means that a ghosts body is formed from their energy and disembodied consciousness, which is visually shown when Technus constructed his body from his energy and when Nocturn did the same, and in the laters case he spoke to Danny as a disembodied voice before constructing his form.

We also know that ghosts/ectoplasmic energy in their true natural state are incorporeal which is also explained in the physiology page so they're constructing these forms from a nonphysical aspect of themselves which fits Low-Godly regeneration description.

Restoring their body

In regards to them restoring said forms destruction. We have feats of ghosts restoring their body from various levels of destruction such as dismemberment, being bisected, and being reduced to puddles off goo, dust, and steam.

In addition we have evidence that shows Danny bread down and reconstruct his form, and Vlad literally breaking his body down to nothing. One can argue that since they did it willingly it doesn't count, however, the Fenton Thermos forcefully breaks the ghosts down to a nonphysical state and ghosts can restore their bodies the moment they are released.

So whether willingly or forcefully broken down to a nonphysical state, ghosts can restore thier bodies. Now it should be noted that the time it takes depends on what's happened to the body. For example, it took Danny about 30 seconds to restore his body after it was transmuted into jelly and splattered. It took this long because it wasn't a simple body breakdown, he needed to turn his remains back into ectoplasm and pull himself together.

It's even shown that when Kitty got caught in the Fenton Portal, she lost the power to maintain her form. However, she puts her energy/consciousness into her clothing and when Jazz put them on, she started to take over Jazz and reform around her. So even if a ghosts loses their ability to restore thier body they can construct a new one from an outside source.

It's also shown with Hotep RA restoring his form and he constructed it again from the ground which further supports that they can do it to outside sources if needed.

Supporting Evidence

Here are some feats of ghosts coming back despite the destruction of their body. There are more but this is a few.

Shadow Ghost

In the episode "13" (The name of the episode is called "13"), we are introduced to Johnny 13 and his shadow. Shadow is capable of regenerating after being blown to pieces by Danny's ghost rays. He also regenerated after being reduced to small pieces when struck by the movie projector. However at the end of the episode, Shadow gets hit by such an intense light, it gets completely destroying and didn't regenerate like before. Johnny even stated "my shadow, my power!. I gotta get out of here.", effectively telling use that Shadow was indeed completely destroyed as Johnny lost his power. Yet in a later episode "Lucky in Love", Shadow is back. Meaning over an unknown time Shadow restored it's body after being completely destroyed in the past episode.

Desiree's Ghost

In the episode Memory Blank, Desiree anomates movie characters. When defeted, each dispersed after she goes down and at the end of the episode, all of Desiree's ghost creations get poofed away because she's no longer active to sustain them (Same thing happened with Johnny 13's bike after he was sealed). However, in the episode Phantom Planet, we see them is still around which means despite her being no more after Desiree's sealing, she restored her body.

Ghost Super Villains

In the episode Reality Trip, three people are transformed into ghost versions of Super Villains from a comic book. The three ghosts get reverted back by the Guys in White's weapons and leaves only the three humans. Later in the episode, Danny used the Reality Gauntlet to change everything back before everything happened. Yet in Phantom Planet, we see all three of these ghosts have returned and are in the mass group of ghosts surrounding Danny. This means that despite their ghost bodies no longerexisting, they restored them off screen.

Danny's Clones

In the episode "Kindred Spirits", Danny destroyed his unstable clone, who like the others are incapable of maintaining their physical forms due to being imperfect. However, they are also shown to have eventually restore their bodies despite one visually getting obliterated and are shown in the mass group of ghosts in Phantom Planet.

It's pretty clear that ghosts can restore themselves after the destruction of their bodies with this as supporting evidence. It may be off screen but with the visual Canon feats of how they constructed their forms, it's not contradicted. The only issue is timeframe bit considering several of these happen at the end of the episode or are done by unstable ghosts it's obvious they didn't get the time to do so.

Arguments

The main issue that I've encountered when attempting to apply a higher form of regeneration (Low-Godly) to the Danny Phantom ghosts, it's been argued to be a form of Avatar Creation but the issue is, that Avatar Creation is...

"Avatar Creation is the ability to manifest another entity in the place of one's true body, using it as an avatar. This ability may allow the users to interact with the world in a way their true forms, which may be too abstract to normally physically interact. One could also use the ability to manifest a body for another, more powerful entity"

You see the issue? Danny Phantom ghosts aren't creating a separate entity to use instead of their true form. Their turning their energy into something physical and we legitimately see Danny's Incorporeal core is inside his ghost body. If they were just avatars the real ones wouldn't be the characters we see but this isn't the case. The Danny Phantom we see is Danny Phantom not a simple avatar.

This is why Avatar Creation was removed so this cannot be used as an argument. It's even shown in Kitty's feat that despite her clothing by made physical like her form, she could place her Incorporeal energy/consciousness into it. So physical ectoplasm is not incorporeal ectoplasm energy so this isn't just them making themselves solid, their physical forms contain their incorporeal energy/consciousness which is what was used to create it and reform it if damaged.

Off Screen Feats

Some would argue that because the supporting evidence is off screen, we can't use it. While it's true that our Regeneration page does specify that the use of off screen feats can't be used without supporting evidence. Nothing in verse contradicts the feats and it's done multiple times. Plus we have evidence of how they construct and restore there forms without assumption.

Conclusion

I honestly think the ghosts Regeneration should be Low-Godly and the description updated with the explanation below.

Ghosts can manifest bodies comprised of their nonphysical energy and disembodied consciousness, and restore them if willing or forcefully broken down into their original state or destroyed. If unable to restore their form naturally, a ghost can use their nonphysical energy and consciousness to reform around a physical object or person and regain their body.

If I'm not understanding the way we treat this correctly, I'd appreciate it if someone could explain it in detail to me because I've been confused about this.

Last edited:
Honestly, not sure. They were shown to recreate their bodies after they got turned into a different substance, but were they ever shown to outright create destroyed parts from nothing? Because this is what warrants Low-Godly. What we've seen only looks like Mid-High

Honestly, not sure. They were shown to recreate their bodies after they got turned into a different substance, but were they ever shown to outright create destroyed parts from nothing? Because this is what warrants Low-Godly. What we've seen only looks like Mid-High
They are literally shown constructing their bodies from their non-physical energy and disembodied consciousness. We've seen them get broken down to it's original non-physical energy and consciousness state then recreated, Mid-High doesn't cover such a thing. I don't see why outright creating parts from nothing is an issue when there restoring the form from something not physical (energy and consciousness). I could argue feats from other ghosts as supporting evidence but they are off screen feats and people have an issue with using those, but I'll grab them anyway.

Last edited:
I've updated the OP with some the supporting evidence of ghosts coming back despite the complete lose of the bodies, it's the "Supporting Evidence" section.

Given this has over three staff agreeing I feel this is good to go.
I do to, but I'm going to give it a bit. I messaged another staff member earlier, so I'll wait for them to comment. Considering the level of regeneration being suggested, I just want to be sure. Especially since they lost it before, although that was prior to the new physiology page/blog being accepted but still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back